picabeen , waterbuffalo getting stuck in deepwater

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
strandjutter
Scout

picabeen , waterbuffalo getting stuck in deepwater

Post by strandjutter »

I've been having a lot of trouble with Waterbuffalo beïng unable to harvest because they are getting stuck in deep water.
Some friend are having the same problem too !
Is this because the"duck system"is not working right or are there undeep part in the river where they get stuck?
Either way it sucks that we are unable to harvest these annimals. :x

BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Re: picabeen , waterbuffalo getting stuck in deepwater

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Are you shooting them when you are only seeing their heads sticking out of the water? If so, then you are shooting them in water that is much too deep. They can swim, remember that. You have to wait until you see their whole bodies out of the water. You have to plan your shots better, just like with Ibex and Dall Sheep.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

They float to the shore if you shoot them while they swim, at least they should.

That one either had something under it or the system that makes it float to the shore had some problems i think :)

chewik
Outfitter

Post by chewik »

this has happened to me, too. they float to the shore, but sometimes they stuck in the deep water. bad thing is You can't predict it, water carries them randomly. I have tried also the Hoocairs's method of redropping animal, but it no result.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

I have not yet been able not to harvest a Water Buffalo,..
If it's in deep water it will hit the 1st underwater terrain height that will be able somewhere accessed by the player even if you have to cross the river and come back from another direction.
I know this does not help much saying this for some of you that haven't been able to retrieve Water Buffaloes,.. they are not ducks though,.. and they're pretty big so even their legs may get caught on a land bump in deep water. Request a inflatable raft and you might get one in a few years, just tell EW that make it so you can't shoot out of it and they may agree to make one.... :lol:
But for now your next best bet is to consider not shooting them when they are way out there in deep water and you won't get a problem retrieving them.
Remember the Ibex retrieval thing on top of a mountain you can't get up and even going out of render range to re-drop the animal?
That doesn't always work either, especially where it's flat up there.
Well this is the water buffaloes version of permanently stuck..... :lol:

Return to “General Chat”