Goat Salt Block gone within 24 hrs.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
gas56
Outfitter

Re: Goat Salt Block gone within 24 hrs.

Post by gas56 »

Gewehrwolf wrote:Hey there,

I had mine filled two days ago and it still got 30 units left. So there's probably nothing wrong. You sure that it was a whole block? Once happened to me that I wanted to choose 'Fill bait site' but must have chosen 'Fill 10 units instead', because the next day it was empty and inactive again.
calamar2000 wrote:For the goat it's random ... so for me useless! your turn to judge !
What exactly do you mean? The bait use? Or the attraction?
Nothing random about bait consumption, takes ten unit per 24 hours just like the other bait sites.
Maybe one may call it random that there's sometimes a huge group of goats next to the feeder, and sometimes only a small number. But I don't think that's random. It always spawns a small number of individuals that are usually roaming around the feeder. The goats follow some kind of herd behaviour. Seem to roam the map in large groups. I think that when a group like this spawns within the 250m-attraction radius of the feeder, you'll find a large group right at the start of the game. But if you wait in view of the feeder, a herd will come by sooner or later. Not sure, because I never read anything official on this, but I got a strong feeling it works that way.

Cheers,
Wehrwolf.
I'm not seeing the numbers in goats like before, although I haven't hunted BR in ages,..
but I did have a pretty good salt Block set-up area but it doesn't seem to work as good as I remember it did.
Another thing I noticed is that I don't see as many different colored pie-bald goats as before,.. I wish they would have left that alone.
Even though I do see two different herds band together with around 8-10 goats they're usually just the black & white & red ones.
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

The salt probably attracted some buzzfeed or reddit readers out in the wild and they couldnt resist and consumed it all in one go :lol:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

My new salt block is working like it is supposed to,
so I just take it as a game glitch for now.
EW_Graham
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by EW_Graham »

Interested to see if this is a regular occurrence, please do let us know if it happens again! Should you have bait mysteriously disappear please do contact customer support (https://support.thehunter.com/hc/en-us), they can credit you with replacements.
calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

hello goat hunters! :)
my problem is solved ... miraculously everything is normal now. Thanks gas56 ;) ;)
and forgiveness for the delay of the answer!
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Well, got to say my 2 Salt Block set-ups are working fairly good,
needed to move just a little bit, and stalking between them with good results.
Haven't seen but only a couple of pie-bald goats though, for Goat Mission #2 took me over 2 days to complete it.
This is just pure bad spawn luck, even though I spotted a lot of regular goats while doing
a lot of map covering. So I hope it is just bad luck not seeing piebald goats that we used to be able to see.
Last edited by gas56 on January 16th, 2018, 2:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

gas56 wrote:Well, got to say my 2 Salt Block set-ups are working fairly good,
needed to move just a little bit, and stalking between them with good results.
Haven't seen but only a couple of pie-bald goats though, for Goat Mission #2 took me over 2 days to complete it.
This is just pure bad spawn luck, even though I spotted a lot of regular goats.
and did a lot of map covering. So I hope it is just bad luck.
Thats a loooot of goats there oO
Wanna share some coords ? Still have a second goat feeder that is not placed and rotting in my inventory forbat least 5+ month now :lol:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

D3AKUs wrote:Thats a loooot of goats there oO
Wanna share some coords ? Still have a second goat feeder that is not placed and rotting in my inventory forbat least 5+ month now :lol:
The one in the photo is set almost to the middle of a straight line between both lodges.
It is at the bottom on the low ground by the high ridge where I can overlook the area from above.
Pretty easy to find if you look at the map.
I have 2 feeders because if goats are not at 1, they are at the other or somewhere in-between of both feeders.
This was 2-3 herds that intersected each other, and that is common,.. but sometimes not always 20 goats like in that photo.
I expect usually 10 goats most of the time at a feeder.
And the funny thing for myself is that most of the really big ones (over 330 score) were never gotten at a feeder.
Though I am not a 24/7 goat hunter.......... ;)
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

gas56 wrote:
D3AKUs wrote:Thats a loooot of goats there oO
The one in the photo is set almost to the middle of a straight line between both lodges.
It is at the bottom on the low ground by the high ridge where I can overlook the area from above.
Pretty easy to find if you look at the map.
I have 2 feeders because if goats are not at 1, they are at the other or somewhere in-between of both feeders.
This was 2-3 herds that intersected each other, and that is common,.. but sometimes not always 20 goats like in that photo.
I expect usually 10 goats most of the time at a feeder.
And the funny thing for myself is that most of the really big ones (over 330 score) were never gotten at a feeder.
Though I am not a 24/7 goat hunter.......... ;)
Nice thanks for the info. I remember in the week after release i got my only 330+ goats, 2 to be exact - one even was 350+ if i remember correct ,both would travel solo somewhere out in the wild. Never seen a big one after that.
Anyway thanks again , seems like a good place to set my 2nd feeder if i ever feel like blasting some goats again :)

Return to “General Chat”