Sambar Deer = NO SCORE?!?!?!?!

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Sambar Deer = NO SCORE?!?!?!?!

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Hey guys,

I'm a little peeved at the moment. I just shot this nice Sambar Deer with the .30R O/U, which I normally use on them and Rusa Deer (aside from bows). Saw him standing there, feeding, gave me a perfect broadside shot, so I shot him and down he went. Now, imagine my surprise when I saw this on the harvest screen:

So just in case maybe it was just an odd little occurance, I went ahead and took the trophy shot and taxidermy. I checked out the score sheet, thinking maybe I'd at least get an estimate on the antlers there, but if you read the scoresheet, everything is 0.000!!! ***!!

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/buck ... /584370666

Here is my amazing no-score Sambar:

Hunt stats. As you can see, it wasn't the only Sambar I had killed with the .30R O/U: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/buck ... n/78787915
Anyway, yeah I'm aggravated. :evil: Has anyone else had this happen? Please let me know so we can be sure to create a bug report.
Swampfox
Outfitter

Re: Sambar Deer = NO SCORE?!?!?!?!

Post by Swampfox »

Very nice Sambar Chuck!
It really sucks when everything finally comes together and you're able to drop one that is a true trophy and then having a bug with the score, especially if it's during a competition.
That said, it will look great in the Trophy Lodge and maybe they can get you a score on it once they are back to work. Sure hope so!
Spoiler:
atc86
Tracker

Post by atc86 »

That sucks :(

Would be a good entry for guess the score for April 1st though ;)
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

BnB,... now that is damn frustrating... I've been waiting to see one that big.
it's about as frustrating as when I couldn't log into the game yesterday on the Website....... :lol:
Though it's really not a laughing matter!
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Lucky for me, I can at least tell that it wasn’t gonna be my new PB Sambar. He certainly looks a bit smaller than my 335 Sambar. Still incredibly frustrating regardless. It’s not like there was a server hiccup, a disconnection, etc as then I would have understood a bit more somewhat. I hope it was just a one-time thing and others do not get the same. I like Piccabeen, but I feel with all the issues it probably could have stood to wait a little longer before release.

@atc86: Yeah, you sure got that right! :lol:
saldas1983
Hunter

Post by saldas1983 »

Wow that sucks. I haven't shot any Sambar yet as I'm one of the few players suffering from extreme overheating issue in that reserve. Hopfuly EW can salvage that for you (but I doubt it). They are challenging animals what I got from this forum and when this happen after you managed to down one looking this good it doesn't give much confidence in the future. I hope other ones will be ok for you.
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

473.5 kg? Nice! They grow up to 320 kg IRL, so we have real monsters here. :)

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

My problem is exactly the opposite! I have hundreds and hundreds of scores, but NO Sambar!?!? :? :P

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Wespertin
Spotter

Post by Wespertin »

I had a Blacktail in RFF with a score off zero, I guess October or November 2017.
It was estimated 160 something.
You're not alone..... :)

edit: I looked through my history and found it. August 9th was the date.
It says score N/A.
Last edited by Wespertin on January 7th, 2018, 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wintergoose
Outfitter

Post by wintergoose »

_dfad_ wrote:473.5 kg? Nice! They grow up to 320 kg IRL, so we have real monsters here. :)
they attain a height of 102 to 160 cm (40 to 63 in) at the shoulder and may weigh as much as 546 kg (1,204 lb), though more typically 100 to 350 kg (220 to 770 lb). Taken from Wikipedia

So sambas can be up to 546 kg.

Return to “General Chat”