Wolf calling.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
CapnQuint
Tracker

Wolf calling.

Post by CapnQuint »

The grey wolf has a very unique AI. Their packs seem to be lead by one leader, that I'll refer to as "the alpha", who does most of the calling for the pack and dictates what state the pack is in. I have had cases when the pack will remain stationary no matter how much I call them, that is until the alpha calls and they all move in. They have multiple calls that seem to mean certain things but I haven't figured them out. Sometimes only the alpha makes his call and other times it seems he starts a call and the other members all join in and call at once. I have had trouble figuring out their patterns, sometimes they just ignore the calf caller all together and other times they wait for a signal from the alpha.

Of course this might all be over analyzing of a much simpler AI them I'm making them out to be, but I would like to think this isn't the case.

If anyone has any tips or knows what all this means I would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for reading!

Return to “General Chat”