Crazy buffaloes

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
_dfad_
Scout

Crazy buffaloes

Post by _dfad_ »

Yesterday my daughter was playing theHunter on my PC. She called me and said: "Look what I've found for you!.."

What has it been? See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8zog2dTkbQ

Well, don't you think buffaloes are too well protected even against .50 bullets? :)

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
Sherab86
Hunter

Re: Crazy buffaloes

Post by Sherab86 »

Well, this was really interesting to watch. :)

But to answer your question, from my personal standpoint, nope - they are not too well protected. They have quite big "life-pool", but I think this is good, because I feel now that they really are that big, tough bovines they should be. I think there are still some things to improve, like charging, and so on. But they shouldn't be less tough. I have no big problems with taking them down with .340. I don't know what could be causing the problems with .50 at such close distances, as some of the shots you've taken (some maybe were too far) - I don't know how damage and penetration are really modeled for this weapon/ammo. Or maybe this was some buggy animal after all ;)
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Was the Buffalo health increase too much?

Post by HooCairs »

They have increased the water buffalo health (see here), but now the handgun is really tough to use. The buffaloes already have a small list of permitted weapons. With this change they have practically rendered the .454 useless.

I did some testing.

My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: Was the Buffalo health increase too much?

Post by ronMctube »

i think they go down too easy with bows and .340 weatherby for eg but it is fun. thing is in the swamps there are numerous buffalos which you can just run round smashing with the big guns.dropped 12 in a very short period of time.thing is do we want fun or realism ?
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Eh, just use the Crossbows.
I found the Ten Point Crossbow drops them more easy than the .340 Rifle at times. :lol:
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

ronMctube wrote:i think they go down too easy with bows and .340 weatherby for eg but it is fun. thing is in the swamps there are numerous buffalos which you can just run round smashing with the big guns.dropped 12 in a very short period of time.thing is do we want fun or realism ?
Realism. Realism is always more fun in the long run. Boredom is inevitable from repetitive mindless slaughter. They are ridiculously easy.
SIRTEX1
Spotter

Re: Crazy buffaloes

Post by SIRTEX1 »

I take them down with one shot with a boe and look like yours had a bug going for the dog

Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

JimboCrow wrote:
ronMctube wrote:i think they go down too easy with bows and .340 weatherby for eg but it is fun. thing is in the swamps there are numerous buffalos which you can just run round smashing with the big guns.dropped 12 in a very short period of time.thing is do we want fun or realism ?
Realism. Realism is always more fun in the long run. Boredom is inevitable from repetitive mindless slaughter. They are ridiculously easy.
I can't see how anyone would see extra tracking as a plus.
Tracking is so so boring. Walk to a dome ... walk to the next dome ... lose the track ... run around in circles ... find a dome ... repeat. There is no game in this.
At least they gave us the scent dog so for deadly wounds you can automate the process and shut your brain off.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Prinz1989 wrote:
JimboCrow wrote:
Tracking is so so boring. Walk to a dome ... walk to the next dome ... lose the track ... run around in circles ... find a dome ... repeat. There is no game in this.
At least they gave us the scent dog so for deadly wounds you can automate the process and shut your brain off.
For me it's just aiming, harvesting, rinsing, repeating. So our complaints are in some ways similar. But you win the argument, because there are more like you than there are like me. ;)

Maybe if there were fewer cows in a spawn, or maybe if they were harder to approach, or maybe if there was more foliage to hide them they wouldn't be so boring already! Ah well, c'est la vie! :)
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

JimboCrow wrote:
Prinz1989 wrote:
JimboCrow wrote: Realism. Realism is always more fun in the long run. Boredom is inevitable from repetitive mindless slaughter. They are ridiculously easy.
For me it's just aiming, harvesting, rinsing, repeating. So our complaints are in some ways similar. But you win the argument, because there are more like you than there are like me. ;)

Maybe if there were fewer cows in a spawn, or maybe if they were harder to approach, or maybe if there was more foliage to hide them they wouldn't be so boring already! Ah well, c'est la vie! :)
I, I do, I think like you! ;) Well, I usually put immersion in first place, before realism. But in games like this one, whith is even advertised as "most reallistic" hunting game, so a kind of "simulation", I put realism in first place (in this particualar case, realism should provide immersion too, probably). ;)

Return to “General Chat”