Threats

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Stalker54
Spotter

Threats

Post by Stalker54 »

I had Red feather falls open. Had a person which I wish I would have written his name down but didn't, make a threat. He came into the room, I told him I hunt alone. Be begged me to let him hunt with me and I said no. Ended up kicking him out and he came back in. I could have banned him but didn't. He threatened to kill himself if I didn't let him join me. I told him that this type of threat could get him in a lot of trouble in that I would turn him over to authorities. HE came back and said he would run off the side of a cliff in the game. I wish I would have written his game name down. This kind of unnerved me and I closed the room. He could have been anywhere in this world playing so the best I could have done is turn him into you guys ( The Hunter ). Is there any policies for this type of behavior/threat? Just so you know I'm 63 and retired.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Re: Threats

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Probably just some kid being real immature. I wouldn't worry to much about it.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

I wouldn't worry, either. The mods might be able to find out who it was, if it matters a great deal to you, but people say stuff like this all the time online.

As a sidenote you can password-protect your multiplayer games if you don't want anyone else to join :)
Stalker54
Spotter

Post by Stalker54 »

Ok, Just wanted your thoughts about it. Never had someone say something like to me. The way he talked he did sound immature. Thanks for the replys.
pirahna590
Hunter

Post by pirahna590 »

lol, See me ... I woulda asked him if he needed a push or shove off that cliff lol. Id still report the incident, time of hunt given so the support would be able to look up the hunt, see who joined an be able to identify the person an contact them themselves so that the person would know that this kind of behavior is completely unacceptable. As mentioned, password protecting your MP games is strongly recommended because of behavior like this
Stalker54
Spotter

Post by Stalker54 »

Yes I know about password protecting and all that. I in a way try to promote the game by letting people in that never played it before and tell them about becoming a member. I do run across a bunch of kids that want to ruin it for others. I use the kick button and at times when I get a person that keeps coming back and causing problems I hit the ban button. When I do use the ban button, it only last for a day then I remove them from the ban and give a second chance. I wish there was a third choice to the kick and band button and that's send them back to a lodge choice. This way they are not out but get reset back to the starting point in hope they will stop what they are doing.
While I'm at it here, I don't allow bad language in my room. You get kicked by using the F word or any form of it like ***. You get one warning and then your out. I have people that come to my room just because I don't allow it. Why people think it okay to F word this and that I don't know. :)
supercelldrw
Hunter

Post by supercelldrw »

That sherm these days messing with these kids is unreal, who makes threats like that
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”