17 hmr

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
josh1236

17 hmr

Post by josh1236 »

Why is it that when I shoot a fox or bobcat in the head with the 17 it just runs off like nothing happened? People I know in real life have killed dozens of whitetails with a headshot from a 17 yet in the game it wont even penetrate the skull of a fox.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: 17 hmr

Post by Fletchette »

Anyone that would intentionally try to shoot a whitetail (or any deer) in the head is moron. Anyone that would shoot a whitetail (or any medium to large game) with a .17 is a moron. Anyone that would intentionally try to shoot a whitetail in the head with a .17 is a moron (squared). You need find new people to hang around with...
Personal Bests...
josh1236

Post by josh1236 »

Fletchette wrote:Anyone that would intentionally try to shoot a whitetail (or any deer) in the head is moron. Anyone that would shoot a whitetail (or any medium to large game) with a .17 is a moron. Anyone that would intentionally try to shoot a whitetail in the head with a .17 is a moron (squared). You need find new people to hang around with...
I wouldn’t try it but my point is the 17 hmr is a powerful little round and the game treats it like a BB gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

In this game, the only thing I use the .17 HMR for is any birds or rabbits. Nothing else.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

josh1236 wrote:Why is it that when I shoot a fox or bobcat in the head with the 17 it just runs off like nothing happened? People I know in real life have killed dozens of whitetails with a headshot from a 17 yet in the game it wont even penetrate the skull of a fox.

Seifer wrote:In this game, the only thing I use the .17 HMR for is any birds or rabbits. Nothing else.
Yep, works good on the rabbits! There has always been a problem shootin' anything bigger than a rabbit with the .17 HMR. However, there is one fella who has killed fox with it at 100 + m I think it was. One shot too. So it can be done, has been done, but I jus' can't seem to do it myself, so you aren't the only one that has issues with that lil' pee-shooter. It is for me a rabbit gun only. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

You can kill foxes with this toy gun if you're really really lucky (and aim well), but it's pretty much impractical. The .17HMR seems to be more versatile than the Plinkington if you take a first look at the ethical species list, but in reality it's not. I still like it, but you need to know it's nothing but an alternative for the Plink.
Image Image Image
josh1236

Post by josh1236 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:You can kill foxes with this toy gun if you're really really lucky (and aim well), but it's pretty much impractical. The .17HMR seems to be more versatile than the Plinkington if you take a first look at the ethical species list, but in reality it's not. I still like it, but you need to know it's nothing but an alternative for the Plink.
I wonder why they would design the hmr to have about the same power as the 22lr when in real life the hmr is a powerful little round for its size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

dont want to open a new topic on the 17 hmr; was the spooking radius confirmed with 100m?
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Nothing is wrong with the .17 HMR if anything it's a bit too overpowered on anything other than Fox. :lol:
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Maybe it’s not that 17hmr is weak, maybe it’s that Fox are a bit to tanky. In game I’ve seen them run a fair way from a .223 and a .243. Irl you can kill them with 22lr subsonic or number6 birdshot. I wouldn’t use them personally but plenty of people Do with results.

Return to “General Chat”