Free to hunt animals 28.12 - 4.1 ???

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Andhii
Scout

Free to hunt animals 28.12 - 4.1 ???

Post by Andhii »

Does anyone know what are the new free species to hunt for a week since this info has not been updated on thehunters twitter or facebook and same goes for the dedicated threads here on forums.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Re: Free to hunt animals 28.12 - 4.1 ???

Post by outrider »

reason to buy Membership #12,......if you bought a membership, you would not have to look around and ask question about what species are allowed to be hunted for free..... :D
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

I do have a membership, the reason I'm asking is that I have some equipment I keep moving around every week to host games for those who do not have membership. Also keeps the game fresh for me when moving my equipment and meeting new players.

More importantly, if I was not a member I would have this information I seek, but as a member it's not displayed to me anywhere.
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
Cogsy666
Outfitter

Post by Cogsy666 »

Red Deer and Dall Sheep. It just popped up on Twitter :)
Rares So Far 129
Non-Typicals So Far 24
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=84874

As far as I know, that thread has been working great and staying up to date since David created it a few weeks ago (it didn't display the PB species when they were free, but they probably needed to be added to the script or something to work, being brand new species and all). Current freebies are dall sheep and red deer, as Cogsy stated.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Andhii wrote:I do have a membership, the reason I'm asking is that I have some equipment I keep moving around every week to host games for those who do not have membership. Also keeps the game fresh for me when moving my equipment and meeting new players.

More importantly, if I was not a member I would have this information I seek, but as a member it's not displayed to me anywhere.
There is a pinned thread in the top of this forum where you can find out :)
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

TreeKiwi wrote:
Andhii wrote:I do have a membership, the reason I'm asking is that I have some equipment I keep moving around every week to host games for those who do not have membership. Also keeps the game fresh for me when moving my equipment and meeting new players.

There is a pinned thread in the top of this forum where you can find out :)
Which is useful if the free species have been changed by EW and they have not made a ingame/twitter/facebook post about it.
I belive Davids thread extracts the free species info from the games master server or something. But the issue here was that EW didn't change the animals until 10 minutes after I made this thread, which was very late in the evening for me, instead of the free species being updated early in the morning as they used to be consistently until couple last months.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

xOEDragonx wrote:it didn't display the PB species when they were free, but they probably needed to be added to the script or something to work, being brand new species and all
Yep, it was missing images on the UHC side that caused that. It was fixed recently though, so it won't be an issue in the future with Piccabeen species.

Return to “General Chat”