New rifle? 9.3x74 O/U Kipplaufbüchse

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Oswald74
Outfitter

New rifle? 9.3x74 O/U Kipplaufbüchse

Post by Oswald74 »

Edit: Thx strandjutter, I completly missed that one.

MfG L.E. :D
Last edited by Oswald74 on December 26th, 2017, 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

strandjutter
Scout

Re: New rifle? 9.3x74 O/U Kipplaufbüchse

Post by strandjutter »

Under what rock did you live last month. That gun is the price for the number 1,2 and 3 of the holliday event 2017 !! ( check the holiday event Banner )
It won't be buyable for a while .

Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

;) :) :D

Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

I confused when I see that too! :D
You can see the Water Buffalo picture on the ammo box too! :lol:
Season Stats
Spoiler:
mudthang
Spotter

Post by mudthang »

This new (not yet released) rifle looks great but hoping the devs address the permitted animals list...

Store description says: "It is a must have when out on a hunt for medium to larger sized game,
whether it be an aggressive charging bear or a relentless tank of a water buffalo
this gun does the job. Chambered in 9.3x74R."

Yet the "Permitted for" list clearly does not include Water Buffalo (as of 28 Dec 2017) :roll:

Awesome webapp for tH stats from David aka caledonianblues
Terzi1985
Scout

Post by Terzi1985 »

I really hope, that when this gets released, and the permitted animal lists are adjusted, the devs would realize the fact that 9,3x74r and 9,3x62 are almost identical in their performance. At least many of the factory loads are loaded to give quite identical performance. And it's actually the 9,3x62 that has the edge if handloaded to get the maximum potential out of them, especially on the heavier bullet weights, perhaps because of having considerably higher max pressure than what the rimmed 9,3x74r has. On 285 grain bullet weights and around the maximum loads, the 9,3x62 can be loaded to push out about 40-50m/s faster than the 9,3x74r.

Seems to me quite wrong if the 9,3x74r will be allowed to water buffalo but the rimless 9,3x62 would not. Yes, the 9,3x74r probably has more history in africa but if I'm not horribly wrong, this caliber too has fallen short these days of the minimum caliber requirement in many places where .375 diameter might be the smallest allowed. So, just pointing out, IF the 9,3x74r will be allowed for water buffalo, then why not allow the even slightly more cabaple 9,3x62 too? The current load of the 9,3x62 in this game might not be the best for dangerous game but hey, since when this game has had a perfect logic on the loads/bullets and allowed species to shoot with them. For example, the hollowpoint on the .45-70 probably would not be my choise for dangerous game either. ;)

I hope the devs won't get this somehow totally wrong on the ethical list just to boost the sales for the new rifle. That would be so wrong.
supercelldrw
Hunter

Post by supercelldrw »

Give it 6 months they will sell it 1000 Ems [emoji23][emoji23]
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

They will fix its permitted list, but it seems to me they're trying to squeeze us just a little too tight on this, the 9.3x74R. They might be shooting themselves in the foot.

First they put the new rifle in the Xmas Event to tease us, then they release the water buffalo with an EXTREMELY limited permitted list to push it, and then they further limit it to a SINGLE NEW 8x low-light, low magnification scope to really milk it. Except, because we have to wait so long for them to be available, many players will already be done the easy peasy water buffaloes (AND bantengs) before they're even for sale! That just does not make any sense to me from a marketing perspective.

I don't remember if they did it QUITE this way with any other weapons, but I don't think so.:? I don't think all this jiving around sells one more rifle, not one! EW, you need to get this combo up for sale PRONTO!
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

JimboCrow wrote:They will fix its permitted list, but it seems to me they're trying to squeeze us just a little too tight on this, the 9.3x74R. They might be shooting themselves in the foot.

First they put the new rifle in the Xmas Event to tease us, then they release the water buffalo with an EXTREMELY limited permitted list to push it, and then they further limit it to a SINGLE NEW 8x low-light, low magnification scope to really milk it. Except, because we have to wait so long for them to be available, many players will already be done the easy peasy water buffaloes (AND bantengs) before they're even for sale! That just does not make any sense to me from a marketing perspective.

I don't remember if they did it QUITE this way with any other weapons, but I don't think so.:? I don't think all this jiving around sells one more rifle, not one! EW, you need to get this combo up for sale PRONTO!
I fully agree, waiting a long time definitely damages the sale of the rifle. I have already captured 250 buffalo, in a month I have finished the 1000 catches. They have to hurry up and release the new rifle, perhaps with a camouflage variant
chewik
Outfitter

Post by chewik »

people will buy it anyway, because it is the only (right now) rifle permitted for all 5 species on new map.

Return to “General Chat”