New rifle? 9.3x74 O/U Kipplaufbüchse

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: New rifle? 9.3x74 O/U Kipplaufbüchse

Post by JimboCrow »

chewik wrote:people will buy it anyway, because it is the only (right now) rifle permitted for all 5 species on new map.
Agreed. People will buy it regardless. Or they won't anyway. So what's the point of making us wait? Do they honestly believe sales are significantly enhanced by all this pointless shilly-shallying? I don't, not one bit. Prove it, I say.

It is nothing more than needless hype to a captive audience of resolutely loyal customers, and it's both annoying and unsavory.
Gewehrwolf
Tracker

Post by Gewehrwolf »

Hi,

Since Devs are at their break between the years, it might take a couple more days for it to be available. And I could even imagine that they release it a little later to give the winners of the holiday event the headstart they were grinding for. Would be a bit lame if they got it the same day everybody can buy it.
Furthermore, patience often pays out. Generally speaking, I prefer a later release over a rushed, but broken one. There are so many things for us in the game to do in the meantime, so please EW, take all the time you need.
chewik wrote:people will buy it anyway, because it is the only (right now) rifle permitted for all 5 species on new map.
Well, actually right now it is not. It's not permitted for water buffalo. And I have a feeling they ain't gonna change a thing about this because they probably know exactly what they are doing. I already made the point about it's use on big game like elephant irl in another thread. But giving it a second thought, I can also understand why they want some kind of limitations with this. It's probably not good from a balancing point of view, because the 9.3mm rifles would be permitted for every game except fox and small game. This would probably be overpowered compared to other rifles in the game. And kind of boring, when you would just have to play that single gun.
And let's be honest, although IRL it might be able to drop an elephant with a single shot, I'd go for plenty of distance between me and the target because of it lacking stopping power. And when it comes to following a wounded bull into the undergrowth, I'd have to change weapons no later than that.

Plus, I kinda like the concept of the new rifles not beeing capable of legaly taking the biggest game. Because it might be foreshadowing another big bore rifle to come. Maybe another o/u break action like .375 HHM, .460 Weatherby or a N.E.. And I'd really be happy to see that, probably many would be. And this again, might lead to more big game, still dreaming of rhinos or elephant one day.

Don't know about the scope. It's kind of annoying to have only one for it, but should try it out before I'm able to comment on that. And I'm curious how the low-light scope will play out in the game.

Might be matching this IRL scope, which is a pretty good one :
https://www.zeiss.com/sports-optics/en_ ... copes.html

Greetings,
Wehrwolf.
μολών λαβέ
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Gewehrwolf wrote:It's not permitted for water buffalo. And I have a feeling they ain't gonna change a thing about this because they probably know exactly what they are doing.
It is more likely they will change this. The ammo box has a Water Buffalo on it. The description advertises it. Yes, the permitted species list has an "X" for now, but that's probably the mistake. To those who already have the 9.3x.74R, is it actually NOT permitted for Water Buffaloes? Are you getting letters from Doc?
chewik
Outfitter

Post by chewik »

Gewehrwolf wrote:It's not permitted for water buffalo. And I have a feeling they ain't gonna change a thing about this because they probably know exactly what they are doing.
It is more likely they will change this. The ammo box has a Water Buffalo on it. The description advertises it.
JimboCrow wrote:Yes, the permitted species list has an "X" for now, but that's probably the mistake.
I dont know how do You see it, by in my store the page shows water buffalo as permitted species, both for rifle and ammo.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

chewik wrote:
It is more likely they will change this. The ammo box has a Water Buffalo on it. The description advertises it.
JimboCrow wrote:Yes, the permitted species list has an "X" for now, but that's probably the mistake.
I dont know how do You see it, by in my store the page shows water buffalo as permitted species, both for rifle and ammo.
There are 2 shops, in my says it is not allowed for the water buffalo :(
mudthang
Spotter

Post by mudthang »

Hi fantamichele and others

When I last checked and moaned on 28 Dec, water buffalo was NOT permitted.
As of today 31 Dec, the permitted list has been updated to include Water Buffalo making this rifle a catch-all for species from Roe all the way up to Water Buffalo (WB) Tanks. Interestingly the other 9.3 rifles are still not permitted for shooting the big WB Tank. The small Sambar Tank is fair game though... Lol :mrgreen:
fantamichele wrote:
chewik wrote:
There are 2 shops, in my says it is not allowed for the water buffalo :(
Awesome webapp for tH stats from David aka caledonianblues
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

The 9.3x74R and ammo are still not permitted for water buffalo in English. I cleared the launcher cache as well. Probably will be fixed on Tuesday.
Gewehrwolf
Tracker

Post by Gewehrwolf »

Hi,
fantamichele wrote:There are 2 shops, in my says it is not allowed for the water buffalo :(
That's a little odd. My shop still shows it as not permitted for WB, too. But if it is permitted now, they should really change the 9.3x62 as well. Since it is almost the same cartridge.

Edit : I just got it fixed by changing languages in the shop. Now in it is shown as permitted in English, too. It's cool they changed it. I wonder when they did it, because as I said, there's probably noone at EW at the moment.

Cheers,
Wehrwolf.
μολών λαβέ
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Gewehrwolf wrote:Since Devs are at their break between the years, it might take a couple more days for it to be available. And I could even imagine that they release it a little later to give the winners of the holiday event the headstart they were grinding for. Would be a bit lame if they got it the same day everybody can buy it.
For previous Holiday Event prize rifles, I think that it took around 3 months until they hit the shop.
Image Image Image
Ringolf
Spotter

Post by Ringolf »

I just saw that it was changed for the 9.3x74R, but it still is not permitted for the 9.3x62, at least not for me.

I am really disappointed. If they wanted to distinguish the new rifle from the old ones, why give it a 9.3 caliber in the first place?

Return to “General Chat”