New rifle? 9.3x74 O/U Kipplaufbüchse

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Re: New rifle? 9.3x74 O/U Kipplaufbüchse

Post by Generalkommendant »

pirahna590 wrote:Was just checking out the 9.3x74 in the store ... kind of surprised to see its legal for Roe Deer, Coyote, Feral Goat, and Grey Wolf as well, isnt that a bit of over-kill? No need to field dress these smaller sized game animals, the round will do it for us :D :D :D lol
And yet the ".30 R 0/U" isn't permitted to kill Coyote, Banteng, Bison or Water Buffalo. Game balance? No. Just odd. The "9.3x74 O/U" ranges from Coyote all the way up to Water Buffalo. :?
BuckWill
Spotter

Post by BuckWill »

gas56 wrote:
BuckWill wrote: The rimmed cases are always longer than rimless because the bolt action has a limited size especially when Mauser was one of the few to be able to create a magnum bolt back in the day.The big doubles were always loaded to keep pressures down because of the weaker action and the hot African sun they were usually used in created higher pressures , pushing them to dangerous levels. With the powders and stronger steel it’s less of an issue now days.the companies that create ammo always keep it on the lower side because not everyone has a new 10k double ( that’s actually cheap). Though if you feel those extra few FPS are going to make a difference you can push the rimmed version closer than factory loaded ammo,Just look at the .375 H&H Magum versus the rimmed version. All are fine rifles and I know some African countries limit the size for the big 5 or 6 they list .375 but some go by energy created so the 9.3 squeaks by in a few countries.
As it goes, this post actually came up as the new Sambar deer were first released and a lot of rifles that should have worked more than adequate on them were just barely capable
of putting them down. The 9.3 x 74 was a new hope for a better rifle in the game as since then the Sambar have been tweaked down just a tad,.. and players were hearing of how
9.3's were used in Africa to take down Buffalo and not allowed in the game. I've been wanting a double gun for the game and so far I can only speculate if the new 9.3 x 74r will do the job on the new reserve and the other new released rifle like the .405 lever action just doesn't interest me. Whether or not IRL specs are used on rifles when it comes to game balance all of that is practically thrown out the window to some degree, so no matter if a gun is used IRL or just don't have enough punch the game is a total other playing field..
Have a good 1...................GAS

P.S. I used to buy every gun that came out to do missions, but now I am just a little more picky when it comes to what I want and need or what really interests me.
Yeah I understand the balancing issue. I have a love affair with double rifles (SxS) mainly and would love a 450/400 NE , 470 NE, or perhaps even a .500 NE. Amazing rifles but out of my price range and I’ll never hunt anything that requires them.
DiomedesDK
Spotter

Post by DiomedesDK »

Does anyone know when/if the 9.3x74 rifle will be available in the store?
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

soon™ ?

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

with the amount of people wanting this i would get it out very soooon ! :lol:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Would be about time... whenever there's at least one weapon with achievements that is not on sale, hunters are not able to get the "weapon master" profile pictures. If they wait until the next weapon is "not buyable" because it's a competition prize (Summer Fiesta?), I will never reach my goal of having 25 kills with every available weapon!
Image Image Image
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

I sure hope they won't nerf the .30R with the release of the 9.3x74. It would make sense since the .30R feels totally OP. And I love it. To drop Brown bears on the spot at 200 m and you even have time to clear the bait site with its double barrel and fast reloading speeds. That can easily be 5 big bears dropped without a problem. It feels like the .300 but with much faster rate of fire and a better option for long range shooting with the 12x scope. That's all I can compare it with for now. In-game.

But concerning the 9.3x74:

Apart from the current permitted species list I can't see it slapping the .30R on its fingers. If it did, it would be everything except game balance. I guess the scope with its 8x magnification will be less then others but still. To be honest I don't care so much any longer about the .30R not being able to shoot coyotes and bison etc because I have other options. And to be clear, the .30R feels OP on everything it's permitted for (the whole concept of "guns"?).

But how will the new "big brother" be able to beat the smaller brother without killing it and yet still manage to survive itself? How can they make it BETTER but still permit it for the entire spectrum of species? We would only need one gun, wouldn't we? (I know, not foxes and such but that's already taken care of well in their otherwise pretty consistent way of handling game balance. When it comes to my ability of assumption of permitted species in this game; only 2 rifles stand apart. And they're both double barrel rifles so maybe that's why. Oh wait, how is it possible then that the 9.3x74 is permitted for..... and on and on and on. It beats me).

Again, sure hope they won't nerf my new favourite to-go gun - .30R.

See my point here?

And why holding on to something people want to buy for that matter? Waiting for the line to get bigger? The few (three people?) that won it got a promise they would have exclusive rights for 3 months minimum?
SPRK85
Outfitter

Post by SPRK85 »

I've been begging for a double rifle ever since the start but I'm not buying it (pun intended)

I wanted a S/S rifle (or a drilling/vierling ;) ) that would just be an overkill, something a bit more say... traditional.

Something chambered for a .375 at the very least (yes... I know the 9,3mm is pretty much a .375 bore...) or preferably with the Nitro Express suffix. I mean something that would obliterate a bovine and would make any harvest value for pigs above zero worthy of an achievement :twisted:

I mean... :shock:

And that's just the .470
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Would be about time... whenever there's at least one weapon with achievements that is not on sale, hunters are not able to get the "weapon master" profile pictures. If they wait until the next weapon is "not buyable" because it's a competition prize (Summer Fiesta?), I will never reach my goal of having 25 kills with every available weapon!
It is also holding me back from getting my Turkey badge. If it were not already included in the grand total and required percentage, as it is now, I would have it. Bad enough the requirement keeps increasing by leaps and bounds, they actually make it more difficult for everyone who doesn't own it (virtually everyone) by increasing the number of achievements required without the opportunity to achieve them. Backasswards if you ask me.

This type of marketing is in bad taste, bordering on deceitful. They can justify it any way they want, with all the PR language and promotions and excuses they like, but it's duplicitous and disingenuous. And ungrateful to their loyal customers.

(While you're busy not fixing anything else EW, also don't bother fixing the Sambar and Rusa shed totals either. Good job!)
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

JimboCrow wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:Would be about time... whenever there's at least one weapon with achievements that is not on sale, hunters are not able to get the "weapon master" profile pictures. If they wait until the next weapon is "not buyable" because it's a competition prize (Summer Fiesta?), I will never reach my goal of having 25 kills with every available weapon!
It is also holding me back from getting my Turkey badge. If it were not already included in the grand total and required percentage, as it is now, I would have it. Bad enough the requirement keeps increasing by leaps and bounds, they actually make it more difficult for everyone who doesn't own it (virtually everyone) by increasing the number of achievements required without the opportunity to achieve them. Backasswards if you ask me.
Yes this is messed up. In the past when there was a special gun, say for an event win - it was special, like the goldens for example- but they shared with the common version and didn't have their own achievements - This is the first time this has been done that I can remember and no, it's no cool at all for the dedicated customers such as yourself- You have every right to question the game flow in this case- again, totally uncool~ If this is a intentional change in direction I think the captain or one of the mates should at least make a statement to explain the purpose or supporting policy change if any or just an "oops! We didn't think of it that way and we'll look into it" but some kind of response.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”