the british .303 is broken??

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Bong_Boy
Spotter

the british .303 is broken??

Post by Bong_Boy »

i bought the .303 on sale the other day and after using it for a few hunts the thing is broken and all most unusable! it keeps doing this weird effect where you are unable to aim down sights and fire the weapon after switching to a diffrent gun and back . i am currently uploading a video and will include it in the post as soon as it done uploading. just wondering is anyone else having this problem??

edit: was finally able to upload a vide and was able to do it at the shooting range, this keeps happens all the time though :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo3MdTS ... e=youtu.be
Last edited by Bong_Boy on December 24th, 2017, 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: the british .303 is broken??

Post by Fletchette »

Bong_Boy wrote:i bought the .303 on sale the other day and after using it for a few hunts the thing is broken and all most unusable! it keeps doing this weird effect where you are unable to aim down sights and fire the weapon after switching to a diffrent gun and back . i am currently uploading a video and will include it in the post as soon as it done uploading. just wondering is anyone else having this problem??
Well, I just went out on LP with the .303 and the bullpup, and had no issues with either. Switched back and forth between them several times, fired shots with both, and tried both with and without the scopes. No issues.

You could try clearing the game cache to see if your cache is messed up. If that doesn't do it, you may have a corrupted file. If you use Steam, then have Steam "check the integrity of the game cache". If you don't use Steam, then you could try uninstalling the game, then reinstalling it.

If what you're seeing is a messed up scope image, (partially blocked), then there is another thread talking about some people having that issue, but I don't think it's directly related to the .303. It might be related to an old bug that can happen if you have flags in your backpack.
Personal Bests...
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

The weapons on sale are faulty :lol:
Templar1975

Post by Templar1975 »

No issues with the .303 here, love using it.
Bong_Boy
Spotter

Post by Bong_Boy »

Fletchette wrote:
Bong_Boy wrote:i bought the .303 on sale the other day and after using it for a few hunts the thing is broken and all most unusable! it keeps doing this weird effect where you are unable to aim down sights and fire the weapon after switching to a diffrent gun and back . i am currently uploading a video and will include it in the post as soon as it done uploading. just wondering is anyone else having this problem??
Well, I just went out on LP with the .303 and the bullpup, and had no issues with either. Switched back and forth between them several times, fired shots with both, and tried both with and without the scopes. No issues.

You could try clearing the game cache to see if your cache is messed up. If that doesn't do it, you may have a corrupted file. If you use Steam, then have Steam "check the integrity of the game cache". If you don't use Steam, then you could try uninstalling the game, then reinstalling it.

If what you're seeing is a messed up scope image, (partially blocked), then there is another thread talking about some people having that issue, but I don't think it's directly related to the .303. It might be related to an old bug that can happen if you have flags in your backpack.
i play via steam and everything came back fine but here is a video if you want to take a loook

Bong_Boy
Spotter

Post by Bong_Boy »

Templar1975 wrote:No issues with the .303 here, love using it.
i love using it also but this one issue im having is really bothering me.

outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

try doing the same thing on the ground, see if it still does it..to me, my opinion which isn't worth much, it's a collision problem. i get the same jrking like effect when i'm in a tower and up next to a corner post, or in a tree stand and turn all the way one side or the other..
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Bong_Boy
Spotter

Post by Bong_Boy »

outrider wrote:try doing the same thing on the ground, see if it still does it..to me, my opinion which isn't worth much, it's a collision problem. i get the same jrking like effect when i'm in a tower and up next to a corner post, or in a tree stand and turn all the way one side or the other..
Your opinion matters a lot! Thanks for the input! it seems to happens not every time but stil often when crouched. And seems to happen more in multiplayer games, couldn’t re create it in single player. I mostly only ever play multiplayer games and have noticed it in the last two days. this issue while not big and can be fixed by reloading the weapon is just very annoying :twisted:
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Bong_Boy wrote:
Fletchette wrote: i play via steam and everything came back fine but here is a video if you want to take a loook

Ok, that's not the scope issue a few others are talking about. It looks like a collision issue. I see you went prone on the range platform, when that happened. Does it happen when you're standing, crouching or hunting out in the field normally?
Personal Bests...
Bong_Boy
Spotter

Post by Bong_Boy »

Fletchette wrote:
Bong_Boy wrote:
Fletchette wrote: i play via steam and everything came back fine but here is a video if you want to take a loook

Ok, that's not the scope issue a few others are talking about. It looks like a collision issue. I see you went prone on the range platform, when that happened. Does it happen when you're standing, crouching or hunting out in the field normally?
is also happening while crouched/standing in the field also. its not like it happens every time but it still happens enough to where it gets anyoing the times where i go to shoot a elk with the .303 and am unable to. Reloading the gun seems to fix it but i personally don't like reloading after every shot.

Return to “General Chat”