Polar and Grizzly Bear changed without notice

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
CapnQuint
Tracker

Re: Polar and Grizzly Bear changed without notice

Post by CapnQuint »

caledonianblues wrote:
CapnQuint wrote:I submitted this as a new topic, why did it get posted as a reply to another topic?
I can only speculate since it wasn't me that merged your post, but I guess because there's no point in having another topic to discuss the same issue.
Okay I guess, that's a little frustrating though. I intended for that topic to be more of a debate about why they should or shouldn't change the bears back. The topic was only mentioning that it happened. And now this post just looks really weird as a reply because it goes into a lot of detail and explains the entire topic.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

CapnQuint wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:
CapnQuint wrote:I submitted this as a new topic, why did it get posted as a reply to another topic?
I can only speculate since it wasn't me that merged your post, but I guess because there's no point in having another topic to discuss the same issue.
Okay I guess, that's a little frustrating though. I intended for that topic to be more of a debate about why they should or shouldn't change the bears back. The topic was only mentioning that it happened. And now this post just looks really weird as a reply because it goes into a lot of detail and explains the entire topic.
xOEDragonx wrote:I'm not aware of any official statement, but here is a quote from the game update December 20th thread.
Alena Rybik wrote:
Prinz1989 wrote:
Since the update makes no mention of them.
Many players reported a different behaviour for Grizzlies and Polar bears.
There was some confusion if this refers to the changes they recieved in September but many players (including myself) are sure that the described fleeing behaviour happened with the Pickabean Bay release.
See this threat: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=85295

Could someone on the team please check if the two bears are working as intended?
Yeah, we discussed this with the team, but we are at a loss here, since we haven't introduced any changed to bears' behaviour at the Piccabeen Bay release, the last one, like you said, was in September. Martin will investigate this further.
If nothing else, the game producer informally acknowledged that there was no intentional change made to bear aggressiveness and they'll look into it. I don't expect them to rush to it though, I imagine they'll be sorting event prizes and dealing with the noise on WWR when they return from their holiday vacation, among other things.
Read above here in xOEDragonx’s quote. Alena stated that to her knowledge nothing was changed at least intentionally. So there really is no change to discuss, as it is clearly a bug that EW will inventigate upon returning from the holidays.
CapnQuint
Tracker

Post by CapnQuint »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:
CapnQuint wrote:
caledonianblues wrote: I can only speculate since it wasn't me that merged your post, but I guess because there's no point in having another topic to discuss the same issue.
xOEDragonx wrote:I'm not aware of any official statement, but here is a quote from the game update December 20th thread.
Alena Rybik wrote:
Yeah, we discussed this with the team, but we are at a loss here, since we haven't introduced any changed to bears' behaviour at the Piccabeen Bay release, the last one, like you said, was in September. Martin will investigate this further.
If nothing else, the game producer informally acknowledged that there was no intentional change made to bear aggressiveness and they'll look into it. I don't expect them to rush to it though, I imagine they'll be sorting event prizes and dealing with the noise on WWR when they return from their holiday vacation, among other things.
Read above here in xOEDragonx’s quote. Alena stated that to her knowledge nothing was changed at least intentionally. So there really is no change to discuss, as it is clearly a bug that EW will inventigate upon returning from the holidays.
Wow, thanks for the information. It's interesting that is wasn't intentional. Hope they will fix it soon.
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Harvested a couple Grizzlies yesterday. What a task it was to even get close. Once I could hear one in the distance I had to go prone the rest of the way but I was able to get within 40m of one of them.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

The skittish bears are disappointing. I loved the feeling I got wandering in TGT & hearing that bear huffing & swinging around trying to locate it before being mauled.
For a long time now my Son has watched my short videos of being charged, now that he bought a membership, last night he wanted to tempt fate going for Polar bears. We weren't able to get on to charge. We were both disappointed. He did get one that beat my personal best, but he shot it, twice, both running shots. And even then it was because we had cornered it on some land jutting into the water. I had hoped if we cornered it we would get charged. I finally told him to drop it since it was big (29.882) & I didn't want to lose it altogether.
Maybe if they were to flee & then if still pressured, stood their ground (fed up with being pushed).
I just hope it gets back to being exciting.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

would be great if the bears were more like they were.any news on whether the source of the issue has been found or if we can have the aggressive nature back.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Yes, please made a step back for the bears, it's annoying to hunt them now.
GoldenEagle1
Scout

Post by GoldenEagle1 »

who cairs :) we of corse care :D want the fun back devs ty

Return to “General Chat”