Polar and Grizzly Bear changed without notice

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
ElusiveShadow
Outfitter

Re: Polar and Grizzly Bear changed without notice

Post by ElusiveShadow »

Just want to chime in here and agree with what has been said. I have noticed the now (extreme) skittishness of Grizzly bears. They are spooking from silly distances now and I'm disappointed to hear that Polar bears are doing the same (I would much prefer if they hunted the player).

I think it could use tweaked. I'd rather both of these species were dangerous rather than no different than Whitetails.

The last thing I want from the game when it finally ends: An offline, single player version.
WolfLQ
Tracker

Post by WolfLQ »

I miss being afraid of polar bears too. Wild polars are really not afraid of people. I get that they needed an adjustment because they were so easy to take out, but why not just increase their health and make them charge instead of flee when they get shot? So they're not too "Cabela"-like, could make them rarer too and stop their calls so they're properly stealthy and you're not going up against crazy polar bears every five seconds. Just some thoughts... I love hunting in Whiterime and it's not the same without having to worry about polar bears.
(Not a newbie! Back after a few years hiatus.)
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

ElusiveShadow wrote:Just want to chime in here and agree with what has been said. I have noticed the now (extreme) skittishness of Grizzly bears. They are spooking from silly distances now and I'm disappointed to hear that Polar bears are doing the same (I would much prefer if they hunted the player).

I think it could use tweaked. I'd rather both of these species were dangerous rather than no different than Whitetails.
I agree.. the damn Rabbits are more scary now then the Bears... especially if you spook one up! They get me every time! :lol:
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

I don't have much experience with those bears yet but I am dissapointed about this change. I liked the feeling that there was some danger lurking about and making these bears 'not dangerous' takes that thrill out of it for me. It's the same with the bison. I Love that the bison are a dangerous animal. And I am dissapointed that the bears no longer are? And yes it would be nice if they could have announced this. What gives EW? Did we vote on this change?
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Noticed the change when doing the Xmas .454 Polar Bear mission. Thought it was me at the time, thanks for the investigation.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

supercelldrw wrote:Spent 2gs in American money not any more
I have to ask. When you say you spent 2gs are you saying $2000.00?
Spoiler:
Xtron
Scout

Post by Xtron »

Also noticed the change when doing the Xmas polar bear mission. I bought the 3D arctic winter camouflage and was furious.. thought that the new clothing was worthless. They fled at a distance of 120 meters away even when I was in a crouching position! Couldn't get close while proning. Always fleeing.. ridiculous.
supercelldrw
Hunter

Post by supercelldrw »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
supercelldrw wrote:Spent 2gs in American money not any more
I have to ask. When you say you spent 2gs are you saying $2000.00?
Typing on phone auto correct, ive spent close to with memberships $500
Spoiler:
Bumblewoot
Tracker

Post by Bumblewoot »

Was there ever any official word on this change?
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Bumblewoot wrote:Was there ever any official word on this change?
Well, if you take time to read previous posts , you'll find an answer to your Q . :?

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “General Chat”