Polar and Grizzly Bear changed without notice

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Re: Polar and Grizzly Bear changed without notice

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I had taken lots of polar bear in the twins comp. I did not notice any difference in the way thy behave until the Christmas mission when I went to hunt them again polar bear were scarce and every one I did encounter ran off.
Spoiler:
Epona142
Scout

Post by Epona142 »

Well at least I'm not crazy - couldn't figure out for the life of me why I was having so much trouble stalking a grizzly without spooking it, when before the wretched things were running me down and eating me at a moment's notice.

They're much too spooky now.
Last edited by Epona142 on December 19th, 2017, 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beau_76
Scout

Post by beau_76 »

I do not understand why no bait for the grizzly
Bong_Boy
Spotter

Post by Bong_Boy »

When there was the bear comp for the xmas so I needed to shoot a grizzly I walked after one for 1hour and was only ever got fleeing tracks so a friend joined me and we spent another hour and a half crouching after one thinking it was giant as it kept fleeing while crouching but no only scored 16 :|
WolfLQ
Tracker

Post by WolfLQ »

I still think this is a glitch because they were fine up until a few days ago and there were no changelogs released. It seemed to me to start when Piccabeen was released. But if it's not, and it's an attempt to make it more difficult since it was admittedly a little arcade-style before... at least it should be realistic, fleeing at 200m just isn't. Have them walk away instead if they notice a hunter from a distance. That would make more sense since they do avoid humans. Or at least don't make them flee as far, and have them stop entering the "spooked" state after they flee--let them go back to their normal behavior. As it is right now, after some experimentation once they're spooked they never stop. They shouldn't be the war tanks they were before, but right now they're so cowardly they pose no threat and hunting in "bear country" has stopped being exciting. Just my $0.02 ;)
(Not a newbie! Back after a few years hiatus.)
DutchHunter74
Tracker

Post by DutchHunter74 »

caledonianblues wrote:
DYEUZ wrote:Maybe all could go check the Game Update of September 13th 2017 . That could be an explanation of the changes .
http://news.thehunter.com/game-update-148/
That's exactly the game patch that did it. Odd that nobody noticed for 3 months.
3 months ago? I don´t know, in my opinion it´s since pickabeen bay is alive. I have hunted the last month a lot on grizzly for his mission pack and I must say that I´m happy that a few weeks ago I finished the first half of the 9th mission `Revenge is sweet`. In this mission you must kill a grizzly with any recurve bow with a 100% harvest value. The only way for me to come that close to a grizzly was to run at him and when he is stand up to charge, hit him in his heart. I feel sorry for those who still have to complete this mission because right now they are really, really skittish!
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Yes , 3 months ago .Since the update i mentioned .I remember preparing a grizzly comp to host back then and when i saw the dramatic changes to them after the update , i had to put my comp on ice .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

RabbitEast

Post by RabbitEast »

I started playing theHunter during the Halloween Event 2017. At that time, in TGT, my biggest concern is the Grizzlies, as they charged you and its too foggy to see which direction they would came from, and I've been killed a number of times too, which made me port back to the lodge again since i dont have tent. Even after the Halloween event, whenever i hunt in TGT, Grizzlies still charges me instead of fleeing before you could even see it. Then the competition held by AK47, which made me hunt in WRR for a week. I could say the polar bear then, is not as cowardly as now. I mean they dont flee as much even when they see you within 100m.
Now, during this christmas event, when we had mission for the 3 bears, i seriously dislike it, as i do not have bear bait and i know how sneaky brown and black bear is, since i tried to hunt them before. Then i realise, Grizzlies too has become from brave to cowardly... Haha.. Flees before i even see it. Hunting it becomes another "eeekkk" factor. Then comes the Polar Bear mission for christmas using .454. I thought to myself... Am i hunting Arctic Fox or Polar Bear? I feel it behaves more like a fox than a bear should. It flees way too fast, like The Flash, dont blink or you will miss it. Or better chances finding the Polar Bear on Ice Float, which comes to my conclusion after encountering the "full grown Arctic Fox".
I'm not complaining here, just giving feedback of my encounter with these 2 past brave animals. Their brave gestures will definitely be missed...
Gewehrwolf
Tracker

Post by Gewehrwolf »

Hi,
caledonianblues wrote:That's exactly the game patch that did it. Odd that nobody noticed for 3 months.
Done a lot of bear hunting since September and just lately noticed this change of behaviour. I am absolutely shure they didn't react like that until December.

Cheers,
Wehrwolf.
μολών λαβέ
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

I had not hunted Bears of any kind lately, until the Twins competition in the Forum. I harvested 92 PB for that comp., and I can assure you that the majority of them fled as soon as they saw me. If I was running and got very close, they would make a mock charge, but seemed to flee as soon as the weapon was pointed in their direction.
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”