Polar and Grizzly Bear changed without notice

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Polar and Grizzly Bear changed without notice

Post by HooCairs »

RidgeBack69 wrote:I did not notice any difference in the way thy behave until the Christmas mission when I went to hunt them again polar bear were scarce and every one I did encounter ran off.
Same here. In this event it was the first time I noticed the changes. I have certainly shot grizzlies after the mentioned patch with no issues, i.e. by running at them.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Zaitzev82
Spotter

Post by Zaitzev82 »

Seems to me EW is going out of their way to make hunting loads more difficult and less enjoyable. They're making so many changes to things. Wolves, Bears, more super skittish animals in general.
Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

Zaitzev82 wrote:Seems to me EW is going out of their way to make hunting loads more difficult and less enjoyable. They're making so many changes to things. Wolves, Bears, more super skittish animals in general.
on the arctic fox mission a week before i had some encounters with polar bears; and most of them were pretty aggressive and charged as always. i only remember one or two fleeing.

but i noticed some other things lately; different sound on WHI and it happend twice to me that a spooked animal didnt trigger a chainreaction with other animals as they were fleeing. both with r-elk.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

Zaitzev82 wrote:Seems to me EW is going out of their way to make hunting loads more difficult and less enjoyable. They're making so many changes to things. Wolves, Bears, more super skittish animals in general.
well unless its confirmed changes then you cant say that.bugs occur and could effect anything.it seems its a popular thread so maybe we will get some clarification soon on whether its a gameplay change or a bug that is causing the fleeing.

one thing is with a game like this you cant just change things and hope people wont notice because its game where a lot of people put time in and will notice the effects.also because many have played it so long it is easy to notice when changes happen regardless of a bug or gameplay tweak. ;)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Granti wrote:but i noticed some other things lately; different sound on WHI and it happend twice to me that a spooked animal didnt trigger a chainreaction with other animals as they were fleeing. both with r-elk.
Be aware that the "spooking chain" only works once. So if animal A was spooked, flees and spooks animal B, then animal B can not spook any other animals. This is intended. If a single animal of a herd spooks from a bow shot or because it smells/sees you, then the rest of the herd is basically already "animal B" - and if those spread out and cross the paths of other animals in the distance, this can lead to the impression that the chain reaction doesn't work as it should.
Image Image Image
Bong_Boy
Spotter

Post by Bong_Boy »

Walked/crouched after a polar bear last night and it was just constant fleeing. While I was doing the bear mission to kill a black,brown and a grizzly for the holiday event I noticed the brown and black bears were running right up in front of me but wouldn’t charge/flee until I was 5 meters away. But grizzly bears kept spooking from 200meters out and spent around two hours with a friend crouching after it until finally shooting it just to have a harvest bug where it was still there for my friend but I was un able to see it. I also have not noticed any changes to the polar bears until I finished the mission to kill two bears with the .454.
Last edited by Bong_Boy on December 20th, 2017, 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Knoxx
Tracker

Post by Knoxx »

I thought the easy charge was a fun mechanic. You have the brown and black that spook easy and the grizzly that stand and charge. I never really hunted polar bear since I don't like all the white on their map. It hurts my eyes since I play in a dark room.
WolfLQ
Tracker

Post by WolfLQ »

I went after some brown bears last night and was killed by two. The others were not especially quick to flee. They're actually bolder than polar bears and grizzlies now--surely that has to be a mistake?
(Not a newbie! Back after a few years hiatus.)
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Impossible to approach a grizzly now, they are fleeing even you're crouch.
Don't try for polar bears but please, put them back as before
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

Prinz1989 wrote:Well three devs are currently online maybe one will answer this.^^
I play factorio which also recieved a mayor update recently and the communication is just on another level.
Every change is presented in clear changlogs. For everything already existing in the game that changes reasons are given. A dev will most likely give his opinion if something is controversly discussed in the forums.
Since the release on the 13th there have been 6 more updates fixing and improving stuff (mostly minor things that only affect a small number of players).
In the hunter nothing of that sort happens. I made a pm to a dev with requested images because I'm overheating too fast wearing the outback outfit no answer so far. I thought the feature could be temporarely deactivated until it's get sorted out, but nope 1hour hunts it is for me. Everlasting blurryness after that.
It's the second workday of the week and pretty much no communication has taken place commenting on all the issues that came with the piccabeen release.
Just going to quote myself here.
The communication is still better then in many games.
I recieved a pm from Martin about the overheating and Alena said in the game update threat that Martin will take a closer look of the bears, so hopefully they will return to normal.
I admit i was a bit hasty and negative.

Return to “General Chat”