Lures/callers for other Piccabean animals

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Lures/callers for other Piccabean animals

Post by caledonianblues »

I believe Ravenous Fox is correct about urine sprays for the deer species of Piccabeen Bay being a future consideration. I think it was mentioned in the stream, or maybe the status update. I would be happy if sambar deer never get a caller. It makes them a bit more unique and challenging to hunt.
RidgeBack69 wrote:I think that callers should be implemented for the deer species on the map. We all know there are different styles of hunting and the callers will allow players to use the style thy want.
Whilst I think in an ideal world it'd be nice if everyone could play the game how they want, I think there has to be certain restrictions. If everyone got to play the game just how they wanted, there would be callers for bears, ibex, sheep, goats, probably even rabbits.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

caledonianblues wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote:I think that callers should be implemented for the deer species on the map. We all know there are different styles of hunting and the callers will allow players to use the style thy want.
Whilst I think in an ideal world it'd be nice if everyone could play the game how they want, I think there has to be certain restrictions. If everyone got to play the game just how they wanted, there would be callers for bears, ibex, sheep, goats, probably even rabbits.
I agree that not being able to call them gives a differnt feel to deer hunting and would not want to see calls/lures for the other species on the map. I know nothing at a all about hunting sambar hunting for all I know there may not even be a RL caller for them. (A quick search only brings up only a recording for a E-caller type call)
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Prinz1989 wrote:A caller for Sambar Deer and bait for Banteng are neccessities.
It's not about challenge. Coyotes are a challange: Difficult for newbies but fairly easy for experienced players.
These new animals are just annoying track-spook-track-spook-track-spook, it's pure luck!

I just had another hunt were i shot 3 Bantengs and all of them survived. Well if I have half a second to make the shot bad shot placement is going to happen.
Even from a buisness point of view this doesn't make any sense. I have the most equipment on WHI, because all animals there can be lured in. They could sell callers and bait stations and stands and bows and camping supplies and tents...
Now no equipment matters the best option to hunt is to walk down the river shoot everything you see, quit and repeat.
I am trying to work out how to word this without meaning any offense... because I honestly don't :)

But one of the species you are talking about being spooky is massive... How you are having trouble stalking the Banteng I am not sure? I have been bow hunting them this afternoon and not had a problem at all. If they see you they will run, for sure... but so should every animal.

Sambar are my favorite to hunt at the moment. There is nothing but straight skill to hunting them and I am loving that. No sprays or calls, just pure skill. The calls and sprays make animals a little too easy and very predictable. So it is so nice to have a change in animals and a few that are really putting the community to the test. If I had my way I would be making lots of animals harder to hunt, especially the big trophy ones. Only thing I would agree with the Sambar is I think that they need to slow down a touch, its very hard to bow hunt them because of this. But speaking of which... bows have a huge advantage in the game and its nice to now have an animal that guns have an advantage over, so maybe just leave them :p

If you would like to come out one time with me mate I can show you how to hunt them if you like? Its the same with Dall sheep and BH. Once you work them out they are pretty easy!

Cheers

TK
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

caledonianblues wrote:I believe Ravenous Fox is correct about urine sprays for the deer species of Piccabeen Bay being a future consideration. I think it was mentioned in the stream, or maybe the status update. I would be happy if sambar deer never get a caller. It makes them a bit more unique and challenging to hunt.
Well said. Couldnt agree more. Keeps the game balanced and have areas of interest for everyone. And also keep it fresh if some style gets boring for a person and there is the option to completely change the game style in another direction.
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

TreeKiwi wrote:
Prinz1989 wrote:A caller for Sambar Deer and bait for Banteng are neccessities.
It's not about challenge. Coyotes are a challange: Difficult for newbies but fairly easy for experienced players.
These new animals are just annoying track-spook-track-spook-track-spook, it's pure luck!

I just had another hunt were i shot 3 Bantengs and all of them survived. Well if I have half a second to make the shot bad shot placement is going to happen.
Even from a buisness point of view this doesn't make any sense. I have the most equipment on WHI, because all animals there can be lured in. They could sell callers and bait stations and stands and bows and camping supplies and tents...
Now no equipment matters the best option to hunt is to walk down the river shoot everything you see, quit and repeat.
I am trying to work out how to word this without meaning any offense... because I honestly don't :)

But one of the species you are talking about being spooky is massive... How you are having trouble stalking the Banteng I am not sure? I have been bow hunting them this afternoon and not had a problem at all. If they see you they will run, for sure... but so should every animal.

Sambar are my favorite to hunt at the moment. There is nothing but straight skill to hunting them and I am loving that. No sprays or calls, just pure skill. The calls and sprays make animals a little too easy and very predictable. So it is so nice to have a change in animals and a few that are really putting the community to the test. If I had my way I would be making lots of animals harder to hunt, especially the big trophy ones. Only thing I would agree with the Sambar is I think that they need to slow down a touch, its very hard to bow hunt them because of this. But speaking of which... bows have a huge advantage in the game and its nice to now have an animal that guns have an advantage over, so maybe just leave them :p

If you would like to come out one time with me mate I can show you how to hunt them if you like? Its the same with Dall sheep and BH. Once you work them out they are pretty easy!

Cheers

TK
And u can actually get really close to banteng when u crouch and watch their movement. Ive had a 135 scoring straight walking in my face while moving around and he didnt even notice - until i shot him in the chest :lol:
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

caledonianblues wrote:I believe Ravenous Fox is correct about urine sprays for the deer species of Piccabeen Bay being a future consideration. I think it was mentioned in the stream, or maybe the status update. I would be happy if sambar deer never get a caller. It makes them a bit more unique and challenging to hunt.
Call for rabbits? They do not exist :lol:

Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

I was suprised by Prinz too, since I also don't have any bigger problems with Bantengs. Well, maybe larger problems than some really experienced "stalkers", but still I think it is relatively easy species to hunt... and it dies way to easy. ;) But I realy would like to learn "know how" for the Sambar - just after EW will clean-up actual mess on the new map. ;)
SIRTEX1
Spotter

Post by SIRTEX1 »

There you go if you don't like it don't use it

DarkLord
Scout

Post by DarkLord »

IMO, if no caller exists for an animal in real life then EW should not fabricate one and put it in game. I looked and could not find any audible caller for Sambar other than prerecorded sounds for electronic callers. So the thing you are requesting probably does not exist.

However, If a real life caller does exist, I see no reason for EW to not put it in game. It comes down to personal choice. If some players really enjoy hunting super spooky animals on foot with no callers, then they should choose not to use it. Just like some players choose or even refuse to hunt pigs/bears from bait stations. Its a personal choice. I disagree with the position that these things should not be in the game simply because you don't want to use them.
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I had a brief experience with some sambar this morning that I've thought about pertaining to this discussion. I FT to a tent w/TS in a spot that's fairly open with a good FOV and appears to be a good spot for them and rusa - I get in my TS and there's 3 sambar messing around. One of them had a decent looking rack and I wanted to take them with a bow but ... no caller :o Oh what to do???? ... OK, they're maybe coming towards me, nope, maybe not, will I lose sight of them? Got a decision to make, wait? or take the big one? ... I ended up taking the big one before I lost the opportunity - I have to say, after thinking about this, it was the most unique experience in the game because normally, it's make a call, pick the best and done - rinse and repeat like all the other deer in the game - It was a completely different set of decision making processes than I am used to. It was almost a challenge :lol: ... so I have to say, it was nice to be in a tough situation for a change.
I also saw a post by a fairly newer hunter making the comment on callers, the same one we've always had- make a call, animal comes in - shoot animal pretty cut and dried. A revamp on callers and the mechanics could go a long way to improving game balance, realism and immersion.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”