Lures/callers for other Piccabean animals

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
mikeman1
Scout

Lures/callers for other Piccabean animals

Post by mikeman1 »

Do you think we'll ever see callers or attractants of some sort for the rest of the Piccabean animals? Or is it designed to be a more of a stalking reserve? I personally like bow hunting from a stand, but its a little "quiet" shall we say, without attractants of some kind.
Code: Select all

Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Re: Lures/callers for other Piccabean animals

Post by Ravenousfox »

I'm sure they did mention in the future they will bring out spray lures for Sambar and Rusa.
I agree, bit hard to setup locations when you can't even attract animals to your equipment except Rusa.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

mikeman1 wrote:Do you think we'll ever see callers or attractants of some sort for the rest of the Piccabean animals?
I personally hope we won't.
I think that it is one of the few big plusses going for this reserve. The deer species aren't the same old, same old style of hunting and are very demanding.
Tracking and stalking is a whole different ballgame due to the vegetation, the skittishness and the lack of a call for the Sambar.
I personally like that. I also like that I've only taken one Sambar stag in three longer sessions. Makes it special. And gives it more of a RL hunting feel.

If they'd work the same way than any other deer, then I don't know if I'd hunt them much at all. Especially as PB isn't really a map that entices me to go hunt there.

But while roaming and tracking I've found a few places that are littered with tracks and might be good spots for setting up gear. Would still be a game of luck to get them within bow range, though.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I agree with Knut. While at first I disliked the lack of action (which is, in my opinion, mostly a result of the lack of callers and the thick vegetation), this might be something that makes PB unique. It's a reserve for the die-hard SC fans that love to track and stalk within a very dense vegetation. And it offers animals that you can't find anywhere else, so the Sambar (or Banteng) leaderboard won't be "spoiled" by another reserve that makes them much easier to hunt.
Myself, I'm not so sure whether I like this kind of hunting (depends on my mood and the amount of time I have), but I can see how it could offer an enjoyable experience for some of us.

If you introduce callers for all of those animals, it'll be same old, same old.
Image Image Image
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

I, newbie still, agree on callers part. It is more challenging, and more fun this way for me personaly. :) I don't think however, that vegetation is so dense to dissallow some other hunting styles - especialy along the river, vegetation feels relatively sparse, allowing for some long shots. Well, at least at medium (so minimal) scene complexity. Still, again - for me personaly, reserve is too unbalanced and too buggy at this point. Maybe I'll back to it after some updates. ;)
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

No please.. I personally hope they don't make them easier to hunt. I am loving the Sambar. If the big ones see you first they are gone! Even over 100m I have seen them spot me and then they are gone, LOVE IT!! Need to make more animals hard in this game :D
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I think that callers should be implemented for the deer species on the map. We all know there are different styles of hunting and the callers will allow players to use the style thy want.

I do stand hunt from time to time depending on my mood and almost every one of my Personal best animals have come from moving around the map stalking But i don't feel that removing the other option is a good thing at all.
Spoiler:
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

A caller for Sambar Deer and bait for Banteng are neccessities.
It's not about challenge. Coyotes are a challange: Difficult for newbies but fairly easy for experienced players.
These new animals are just annoying track-spook-track-spook-track-spook, it's pure luck!

I just had another hunt were i shot 3 Bantengs and all of them survived. Well if I have half a second to make the shot bad shot placement is going to happen.
Even from a buisness point of view this doesn't make any sense. I have the most equipment on WHI, because all animals there can be lured in. They could sell callers and bait stations and stands and bows and camping supplies and tents...
Now no equipment matters the best option to hunt is to walk down the river shoot everything you see, quit and repeat.
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

Even as someone that heavily uses equipment and lure mechanics most of the time id say let it be like it is. U can easily run and gun Buffallo and Banteng in decent numbers. Rusa and especially Sambar are a little more challenging. Fast roam speed , pretty small numbers compared to the other species from my feeling. Havent nearly seen as much rusa as banteng and buffalo.

Let this reserve stay as a nice niche for those who prefer moving around for a reward. There is so much places for equipment and lure huntig , a new one for the classic hunting style fans is totally fine.
Cogsy666
Outfitter

Post by Cogsy666 »

Callers/scent for deer species i'm fine with. I don't mind having the "cows" stay as they are.
Rares So Far 129
Non-Typicals So Far 24

Return to “General Chat”