The most rage inducing stuff i have seen so far !

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
D3AKUs
Hunter

The most rage inducing stuff i have seen so far !

Post by D3AKUs »

I am sorry in advance this is probably the worst kind of angry post ever.

Something is really off with Sambar Deer.
I have met my first Sambar Buck in a hunt today. I shot at him 3 times. The first i aimed straight at the chest from broadside - near the shoulder where u always for lungs on deer. Hit it , it froze in place and i was like okay is it gonna die ? Nah it wasnt it made a speed burst from zero to 300 in a mili sec and was out of my screen. i said okay and tracked it. Got in in front of my rifle again. Direct hit again , it even flinched. Ran off like nothing happened. got it in front of me again. again broad side - shot at the same spot. IT RAN OFF AGAIN ! but at least it died a lil bit later.

Looking in the harvest screen i had only 2 shots registered , fun part - one was the front leg - which even i had been super drunk, how on earth did a chest hit turn out to be leg ? and the other hit was a single lung from 80m ? with the 7mm bullpop ? What are those things made of ? Kevlar ? Every other deer or elk species explodes if u hit it like that with the 7mm. i am not the best shooter but i know when i land a hit that should have killed it. And the first one was a hit like that. I could even see the first bullet hole right near the last hole that killed it - how did it register as leg ? And how did my second hit not even register or get shown in statistics ?

BUT this is only the start - thats not even the rage inducing stuff that will follow now.

So i went out again to find a ******* Rusa Buck finally. I got a Samba call from the distance and when i made it over the small hill i saw 3 females - ONE WAS A FREAKING ALBINO !!!! Pretty sure i was this was going to be the first albino Samba posted here. Man was i happy !

I crawled into the perfect position, aimed carefully and waited until it seperated from the other 2 for a clear shot - fired my shot ,broadside, where i always aim for lungs - at every deer species, it flinched really hard under the hit but still ran off. I was like okay maybe a single lung again and it wont run far. marked the spot where it hit and made my way.

NO BLOOD.

I tracked them for a while carefully and somehow found the Albino again. looking at it i could even see the bullet hole in its chest. It must have hit vitals or anything from its position - but no blood nowhere to be found !
I watched it walk around like nothing happened.
So i made my way to a good position. fired at it. Nothing happened. So i switched to binos and checked. I was already really ***** at that point , to the point i didnt even care anymore.
So when i finally made it close again ... i shot the ******* thing the 340. And ofc ! that one would kill it after running for a lil , still - even after a 340 hit ! :lol:

Best part is - only registered hit in the sheet is the Weatherby shot ahahaha ! :lol: Yeah i am not even mad. The heat effects seem to affect not only our screens with stupid wobble effects !

YES, our true lords Samba Deer ! you guys are truly the Kings and Queens of high level meme lord trolling in this god forsaken piece of land that i never ever set a foot on again !

End of rant.

Sorry for the rage

This is how a Albino of them looks btw , they are white actually !

Ill go play some Destiny 2 PVP now , at least the things i shoot there actually die... i need to get rid off those micro aggresions :lol:

Good luck out there u all and nice evening and weekend
Greetings
D3AKUs
Last edited by D3AKUs on December 16th, 2017, 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lowby
Outfitter

Re: The most rage inducing stuff i have seen so far !

Post by lowby »

Nice albino congrats but I have no ide why they would release the reserve like this I mean it feels like its very rushed and no ide if they even beta tested it for real so many things that should have been found that obviously were not.
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

When TGT going to be released they ran a do you want to be a beta tester thing..... never happened for Peekaboo Bay., Sorry but there were sooooo many better suggestions for the name IMO. It is to be honest poor. Yes there are a few nice additions, running water, animal animations but on the whole it is a 2008 grapfic, the heat thing is peeing almost everyone off and the animals 'aint doin wht they should so strip it to the bare bones and we got if TGT is 10 Peekaboo gets 4...... yesterday I was more entusiastic but after a second 7Kilm hunt my opinion has taken a nosedive....
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Schlachtwolf wrote:When TGT going to be released they ran a do you want to be a beta tester thing..... never happened for Peekaboo Bay., Sorry but there were sooooo many better suggestions for the name IMO. It is to be honest poor. Yes there are a few nice additions, running water, animal animations but on the whole it is a 2008 grapfic, the heat thing is peeing almost everyone off and the animals 'aint doin wht they should so strip it to the bare bones and we got if TGT is 10 Peekaboo gets 4...... yesterday I was more entusiastic but after a second 7Kilm hunt my opinion has taken a nosedive....
Yup, they need better beta testers, just roam hunting I've found quite a few invisible walls and spots where it sounds like I'm walking through water but I'm no where near the water.
I agree, really stupid name for the reserve, should've named the new reserve Bangalow Bay.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

I don't agree with you fellers, I think it's a great name, better than 'Timbergold Trails.' And as for the reserve itself, I think they did a pretty darn good job with what they have to work with. Sure there are some things that need to be ironed out but we've been through this before: it's never going to be perfect at first launch. Ever. So let's at least see an update or two.

I agree, it's not TGT, but it's not BRR either. A 4 is too low, more like a 6.5 - 7. The animals are great, the populations are plentiful, the sounds are great, the vegetation and undergrowth density is superb, and the weather is a genuine improvement. And the water bottle thing, well that gimmick isn't all that terrible after all. I've been enjoying my hunts on PB despite the unpolished hiccups, slip ups and fails. It's a worthy addition to their repertoire that stands on its own, all things considered. Thanks EW.
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

JimboCrow wrote:And as for the reserve itself, I think they did a pretty darn good job with what they have to work with.
JimboCrow wrote:the vegetation and undergrowth density is superb
I strongly disagree,TGT showed that they can do much better, this new map feels rushed and sloppy, I've seen none of the quality that TGT has to offer:

Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Don't know if anyone's noticed but it looks like the swampy area on the new map is just RB map but the plants have got a simple re-color to green instead of a light brown throughout the area, same plant models.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Levado wrote:
JimboCrow wrote:And as for the reserve itself, I think they did a pretty darn good job with what they have to work with.
JimboCrow wrote:the vegetation and undergrowth density is superb
I strongly disagree,TGT showed that they can do much better, this new map feels rushed and sloppy, I've seen none of the quality that TGT has to offer:
Well TGT is really two maps in one isn't it, the alpine and the valley, similar to VDB. So there's that. And it was a culmination of previous maps and environments, a crowning glory of past work and achievements. It is their best work without question, but it wasn't completely original.

On the other hand, this map is pretty new territory, other than Primal and/or RB. Yet it has a different feel than either of those. This is the beginning of something new rather than a 'be all, end all' achievement. It is a strike in a new direction, with several elements we haven't seen before. So as a first stab I think it is what is to be expected. Could it be better developed? I believe it could, but maybe not at this juncture or under the current circumstances (lots of turnover recently, lots of new faces.) It is not a failure. Granted it's not their best work, but as I said it's not their worst either. I think a second map in a similar climate might be more popular. I think we will see things change over time with this one as they did with BRR, and it might grow up as well. Maybe even the pigs will be replaced, and that alone would be an improvement.

Holding it up to TGT is an unfair comparison. TGT is a beast. It might take some getting used to for a temperate zone hunter like me, but I like the immersion factor of Picabeen. I can literally taste the salty sweat dripping off me when I play.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Very well put, Jimbo.
I guess the bean counters won that one, since it's clear they rushed it for the holidays,
But it is indeed brave new world.

My suggestion would be, besides the obligatory bug swapping and maybe replacing the hog, to put some waterfowl in. It just screams duck hunting to me.

And then bats near the tunnel exits.
Spoiler:
cajunman45
Outfitter

Post by cajunman45 »

What i don't like about it is the over heating. IRL you got hot you get in a river and all the the freaking rain storm should cool you off but not on Piccabeen

Return to “General Chat”