feed back sound on wwr

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: feed back sound on wwr

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Thanks, John, I'll try it and report back. For me, its only at WRR and only if I load a weapon or FT. I tried to record it, but it doesn't record.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

stancomputerhunter wrote:Thanks, John, I'll try it and report back. For me, its only at WRR and only if I load a weapon or FT. I tried to record it, but it doesn't record.

Edit: It worked, John. No interface music, the first sound I heard while loading the game was the wind at WRR. I renamed the fmod folder "rename of fmod".

Thank you very much!

Second Edit: I went to WRR, fast traveled to a tent and tower. Weather relatively clear. The only sound was my walking, calling a sitka deer that called, shooting a Dall ram from the tower, and then the sitka doe, along with a light wind. When I left the tower to collect them, the tonal sound blaster started again. I was 15 min in game.

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/ehr_ ... statistics

Cashet
Scout

Post by Cashet »

I also tried renaming that file, and it worked for about 10 mins, shot a moose and it came back Think this needs to be addressed by a patch from Devs all the "fixes" so far have either not worked at all or temporarily at best
vladspb74

Post by vladspb74 »

Yes, after the extraction of trophies and I have this sound again.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Cashet wrote:I also tried renaming that file, and it worked for about 10 mins, shot a moose and it came back Think this needs to be addressed by a patch from Devs all the "fixes" so far have either not worked at all or temporarily at best
Of course it needs to be fixed by the Devs, and I'm sure they're on it. But until then, we're just trying to help those people that have the problem until a patch comes out that fixes it.

So out of curiosity, are you using the Web or Steam installation? Meaning, is the file "Music_Common.fsb" staying renamed, or is it reappearing? What did you rename it too?

Another fix that worked when this happened a few years ago, is to switch to using a headset or speakers that don't have Dolby/surround drivers. My guess is that the reason most people don't have this issue, is that they don't have anything in their system that is Dolby (surround). My Logitech G930 has the issue because it's drivers are Dolby/surround, but if I disable them and plug regular stereo headphones into the sound system of my motherboard, I don't have the issue, because it doesn't have Dolby/surround.
Personal Bests...
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

John,
I have a G933 which has an option in the Logitech Gaming Software to choose Dolby or DTS. I'm pretty sure I had DTS selected, but as soon as I can, I'll test it out both ways and report back.

Edit: Checked and I have the DTS enabled, not the Dolby. However, the same problem. I uninstalled the Logitech Gaming Software and the issue went away.

Cajunscout
Tracker

Post by Cajunscout »

ok tried all the tricks above and it would work for a little while but the sound was back after the first shot, what did seem to work was to disable dolby and enable dts. I was able to hunt an hour and a half, harvested 5 bison and no sound issue. I still had the music file renamed, I use a Logiteck 430 headset and was playing thru steam. hopefully a dev is seeing all this and can come up with a solution.
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

Hunter there for while, but never noticed any sound issue.
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
vladspb74

Post by vladspb74 »

The problem with sound is only for those who use a system with surround sound. I have a Logitech g430 headset and a keyboard g413 so I did not delete Logitech Gaming Software, but connected stereo speakers. I hope this is not a convenience for me to be temporary and developers will be able to solve the problem soon. Thank you very much guys for your help! Special thanks and heartfelt thanks to Fletchette.
Cashet
Scout

Post by Cashet »

Yah John I use web install and renamed it by adding a few numbers to it, Like I say it worked and then started again, file was still renamed didnt revert back till this patch this morning. I also use the Razor Surround so there lies my issue I guess I see they have acknowledged in the patch they are aware of issue so I will just hunt deaf for the Bison I need for comp and avoid the map till fixed

Return to “General Chat”