feed back sound on wwr

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Pittie
Hunter

Re: feed back sound on wwr

Post by Pittie »

I use a Sennheiser Headset PC363D. After set it temporary to 2 Channel (Stereo) the bug is gone for me.

Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

Alderman

Post by Alderman »

Tried the named quick fix by renaming the mentioned file.

Worked for like 1min ingame then the firealarm went off again...
Where the...do I find that Dolby setting? Stereo Speakers plugged in onboard as usual, all via taskline availible audio settings do not show me any Dolby options... :oops:

OK then, max heavy buffalo without sound.....oh well..... :roll:
Templar1975

Post by Templar1975 »

This fix did work for me, but only for around 5-10 minutes into the game when that annoying sound came back.
seammer
Tracker

Post by seammer »

I've renamed the file and tried via Steam and Browser launch to the same 10-15 minutes of 'normal' Whiterime sounds and then back to near deafening tonal pulses, causing me to turn volume all of the way down and remove headphones.

The named file in it's altered name state is intact as such.

I have no other sound options and the game without sound makes it extremely difficult to accomplish missions like multiples of polar bear in the same hunt, etc. when sound is vital to tracking without spooking.

I'm a live world wide online streaming DJ so disabling any aspect of my sound system is _not_ a fix to me. Quite the opposite.

Can we get any word back on whether or not the team is even addressing this issue?

Can we have these missions extended due to the technical difficulties?
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

seammer wrote:Can we have these missions extended due to the technical difficulties?
I doubt that this will happen. The purpose of these missions is to get 10k Jolly points for the Holiday event - and as far as I know, the rewards and trophies will be awarded shortly after December 25th ends.

If you still need the 10k Jolly points, maybe you could ask another player for help? Someone who doesn't have the sound issue could shoot the polar bears in a MP game and you could just join to harvest them. Unfortunately I have the sound issue myself, so I can't offer any help here.
Image Image Image
seammer
Tracker

Post by seammer »

Hi and thank you. I managed the polar bears on my own :) Way more attempts at it than would usually take me due to not having any environmental sounds whatsoever.

It's hurting my regular missions as well.

To top that off, I hunted a whole day in WWR and was ready to travel back to the lodge to start a new day and get my last fox for a mission when the screen went black with no options at all.

Anyone have any idea how to continue my hunt with this?

I've never not been able to continue a hunt the next 'morning' until this one.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

seammer wrote:Anyone have any idea how to continue my hunt with this? I've never not been able to continue a hunt the next 'morning' until this one.
Ouch :shock: ` had a lot of different mystery screens but never seen this one ` ... no good vibes from that one unfortunately :roll:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
seammer
Tracker

Post by seammer »

Wondering if it's connected to the WWR problems since latest updates... I was in WWR for this hunt.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

By the way, what is WWR? Is it a new shooter - like "World War Reloaded" or something? Or is it how the Chinese would pronounce "Whiterime Ridge"? Wouldn't that be "White Wine Witch"? ;)
Image Image Image
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

Tanngnjostr wrote:By the way, what is WWR? Is it a new shooter - like "World War Reloaded" or something? Or is it how the Chinese would pronounce "Whiterime Ridge"? Wouldn't that be "White Wine Witch"? ;)
You're spending way too much time on this forum. :)
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer

Return to “General Chat”