feed back sound on wwr

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Pittie
Hunter

Re: feed back sound on wwr

Post by Pittie »

Same boring sound for me. Sounds like a fire alarm. I can't hear any normal map sounds.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

gr1zzly1
Tracker

Post by gr1zzly1 »

Same here. Starts before the loading screen stops.
Continues through the game.
domdom92
Spotter

Post by domdom92 »

Impossible to make the competition of today has cause of the sound problem on Whiterime Ridge
vladspb74

Post by vladspb74 »

Hello, I have the same problem, after December 15, this sound appeared as soon as you go to Whiterime Ridge, in other locations this is not. It's not possible to hunt ... sorry for my english, i do not speak english google translation.
SIRTEX1
Spotter

Post by SIRTEX1 »

came in to wwr got a Strange humming sound cant hear anything just this map

Alderman

Post by Alderman »

Jep me, too!

Alarm sound on WRR since today, after the welcome jingle as soon as the map is fully loaded. Gives me an almost immediate headache.
Tried new reserve, WHI, RFF all fine as I'm used to.

Both in SP and MP, Steam or Weblauncher does not matter.
Game cache cleared, pc restarted - did not help - still fire alarm on WRR.
CootDawg
Scout

Post by CootDawg »

its hard to hunt without sound but got it done
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Hunted on WRR last night for the sitka comp. Played about an hour, never heard anything unusual. No alarm/feedback noise and all other map audio appeared to be normal for me. I haven't done anything to the game since the last update.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I played in a MP game yesterday. Host did not have the sound problem. I did. Big time. Managed to do the comp in silence.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Folks, this is actually a problem that's happened several times in the past when new content was added. It's been a few years now, and I think it only happens to people using a sound system with Dolby capabilities. It's not a problem with your drivers or installation. If I recall correctly the solution is for the DEVS to increase the memory allocated for the sound engine, but don't quote me on that. Hopefully one of the DEVS that remembers the solution is still around.

If memory serves me, there is also a temporary fix you can do to fix it, but I need to think of what it was. :?

EDIT: OK, a forum search has reminded me of the temp fix. For WEB installs, you need to locate the file "Music_Common.fsb" in the "Program Files (x86)\theHunter\Game\Sounds\Fmod" folder, and rename it. This will eliminate the loading music you hear when loading a reserve, but seems to free up enough memory to prevent the bug from happening. I just tried it, (a flash from the past), at it worked for me.

I don't know if this works for Steam, it might, but it's also possible that Steam will detect the missing file and repair it automagically.
Last edited by Fletchette on December 18th, 2017, 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal Bests...

Return to “General Chat”