9.3X 62 vs 8X57

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Knut
Outfitter

Re: 9.3X 62 vs 8X57

Post by Knut »

CaptainGravy wrote:Currently, the only weapons that will kill a water buffalo ethically are the .45-70's, the .340, .454, .50 conical, and all the bows and crossbows except the cable backed bow, and longbow.
So there's currently only two rifles legal for water buffalo? Not even the yet-to-be-released o/u from the Christmas rampage? I'd guess that can't be right and they'll expand the choice.

And the .45-70 is fine for black bear, but not sambar?
I guess some sorting out of the permitted weapons list for the new reserve is in order.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
RichardTheHunter
Scout

Post by RichardTheHunter »

i think the fact that .30r (that is more powerful than the 7mm but a little bit weaker than .300) is not allowed for bison wile the much weaker 8x57 is is much stranger :P
Pine

Post by Pine »

Not sure why my thread has taken over an hour to post, but here's footage of the devs using the 9.3x62 on water buffalo on the dev stream and securing the kill - https://clips.twitch.tv/HeartlessResolu ... oritosChip

I feel like the 9.3 has plenty of firepower to knock down a buffalo with ease. Many hunters in the real world use it for buffalo.
CaptainGravy
Tracker

Post by CaptainGravy »

Knut wrote:
CaptainGravy wrote:Currently, the only weapons that will kill a water buffalo ethically are the .45-70's, the .340, .454, .50 conical, and all the bows and crossbows except the cable backed bow, and longbow.
So there's currently only two rifles legal for water buffalo? Not even the yet-to-be-released o/u from the Christmas rampage? I'd guess that can't be right and they'll expand the choice.

And the .45-70 is fine for black bear, but not sambar?
I guess some sorting out of the permitted weapons list for the new reserve is in order.
I have no idea if the new 9.3x74R will be able to take Water Buffalo. Right now, anyone without a .45-70 or .340 or the .50 inline can have fun trying to take one with a bow or .454 handgun, which like you said, doesn't seem right.

I'm hoping we'll see the 9.3 on the permitted species list for the water buffalo after this gets all sorted out.

Check out my Youtube channel! Gameplays and guides for theHunter and more! http://tinyurl.com/y8zpld37

Return to “General Chat”