New Reservat: Piccabeen Bay

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Re: New Reservat: Piccabeen Bay

Post by Schlachtwolf »

There are places to cross the river, not many but they are slightly lighter than the water on the map, also the lighthouse is a treestand as you can enter and climb right to the top, there is a ladder just press E !!
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

DYEUZ wrote: I know of the short railroad track that is not usable .

tyvm
Yeah I was disapointed with the RR tracks- We can walk the tracks on TGT so they've accomplished this bit of realism but when I hit the invisible wall when I tried it was just another facepalm :?
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Pittie wrote:
Mahina wrote:Please get rid of the water bottle mechanic!
Yes, it's just boring. I tried play Bushrangers (clothing Sneaky 3D Arid) and was overheat after 20 real minutes. What a bad mechanic-idea.
Now we have to wait a whole week for a fix. I would like to see a faster hotfix for such problem.
OK I'm out of the loop- this heat thing has been added to Bush Rangers also?
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
Spoiler:
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Radamus wrote:
Pittie wrote:
Mahina wrote:Please get rid of the water bottle mechanic!
Yes, it's just boring. I tried play Bushrangers (clothing Sneaky 3D Arid) and was overheat after 20 real minutes. What a bad mechanic-idea.
Now we have to wait a whole week for a fix. I would like to see a faster hotfix for such problem.
OK I'm out of the loop- this heat thing has been added to Bush Rangers also?
Yes, I haven't hunted there yet but I assume it's pretty much the same.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

ronMctube wrote: make sure you dont have high shadows enabled.did a test yesterday highest shadows to low shadows halved fps.so if performance is a thing have shadows on low. ;)
I always have shadows on high (not very high), but I will try it on low today.

Thanks!

MfG L.E.

Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

It's not the shadows...

MfG L.E.

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

OK, giving this thing another look this morning- First, I lowered all my settings to med thinking this might help me see sht better- Then I started at the southern lodge- I see what people mean about being desolate- I've started my other 2 hunts in the north and almost immediately I came across animals going don the hill towards the water. In the south, it was pretty bare for a while.
So first off, load 7mm and 340 - need big and little guns- I take off down the hill with the intention of seeing this lighthouse I've heard about and first thing--FPS drop from 61 to 30 immediately - "ruh-roh" ... I'm trying all kinds of things, binos, rifle scope, map, inventory .. nothing. I got maybe half a km away from lodge and fps pop back to 61 and pretty much stayed there so something, at least for me, was really weird with fps right off the bat- I made it to the light house only running across a couple rusa tracks and one dead rusa while running along the beach.
By turning things down I don't think it helped one bit seeing animals, if anything maybe slightly worse because plants become larger and less defined and certainly didn't look as nice. Then I went up river to the RR crossing, surprise! you can walk the rr bed across the river here, but not in that north section - I'm wondering, is it just not finished up there?
All in all, better experience than my others but playing on low settings took away from it. There's some things to work out and I'm sure in time they will be fixed. For me, I'm thinking I'll prolly hunt Settlers more and I see it a whopping handful of times in a year maybe- That would be an interesting stat, what reserves we hunt the most Hmmmmm
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Since I was pretty critical of the new reserve in my previous post, I have to say this changed quite a bit in the next two hunts. Hunting in the north instead of the south did the trick - or maybe I just hit a really bad spawn in my first hunt!

Anyway, the landscape looks a lot more varied in the northern part of the reserve and I found a nice mixture of dense forests and clearings and some fine views - already placed a few tents, tripods and a tower. Finally found a rusa buck (or stag?) for the mission and shot some female sambar - still waiting for my first buck/stag/bull there. And wow, they are tanks! Shot my first sambar with a perfect broadside using the 7mm and only got one lung.
Initially I thought that the water buffalo looked a bit clumsy and plastic-ky, but after seeing one of these creatures swim through the river you just gotta fall in love with them, they look so cute. :oops:

There are some bugs that need to be fixed: hogs have gone completely quiet (= no calls, no attack sounds, not even footsteps), rusa and sambar achievements and icons seem to be mixed up, the landscape could need some tweaking (a lot of animals getting stuck), but I'm starting to feel the love. :D Seems I was a little rash in criticizing the balance after my first hunt - but I'm absolutely willing to admit that mistake. I still think the timing of release could've been better (a little more testing wouldn't have hurt) and the overheating stuff is unnecessary, but I can see me come back to Piccabeen Bay more often.
Image Image Image
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Hmmm... so maybe I should give the reserve few more tries too. ;) Because so far I didn't fall in love.

Hogs not having attack sound I've noticed already prior to relise of the new reserve, to be honest - but I tought this is one of the ways they differ from wild boars. :P
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

The upper river needs more definition where the crossings are located, as there are a few crossings but the details of the river does not reveal them as easily as on other maps.
Texture settings on vegetation should be turned up as better details & outlines is shown and not blotchy, and Scene Complexity should be set lower for machines having trouble rendering the many Dynamic Object models (vegetation) to closer ranges. As Shadows must be set too. This map is set up like TT to force medium settings, so no low settings can work. So make sure nothing is on high or very high (except The Texture setting) if you're having problems. If the problem persists it may be a possibility that your machine cannot handle the map at all if you have problems with TT map also. Jumping right into the hunting action with placing a tent on the higher ridge above the swampy ponds that places you about mid-way between both lodges will save you time reaching that area faster. Why they never put another lodge on maps is beyond me,.. but I do understand why they do it. more $$.
I think the dense forest of tropical plants is very well suited and very well done. As if it was any thicker as IRL forests you'd be lucky to see very far at all.
I am going to get some more hunting time in here the next few days so I can really see how the map works best, so I will reserve anything none hasty that I really haven't gave it
a full go around yet. The timing of the release while the Christmas Event was going on IMO should have been held off until it was over completely as it did not deserve its own focus
taken away. The .340 Weatherby is really a great gun to use in this environment of Bovines, as they pretty much will drop them at most ranges with a good placed shot.
The 2 deer species is just about what ever gun that works for you as most other deer species on other maps. I would have liked to see the Feral Hogs out of this scene, and some other
animals introduced at a later date that would make the map more unique to itself. And for now I only got 1 last thought for now about the new map.
Get rid of the dehydration feature............Water Bottles.

Return to “General Chat”