New Reservat: Piccabeen Bay

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Granti
Hunter

New Reservat: Piccabeen Bay

Post by Granti »

im not sure about my first impression but i like the water buffalos:)
Spoiler:
Last edited by Granti on December 14th, 2017, 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
D3AKUs
Hunter

Re: New Reservat: Piccabeen Bay

Post by D3AKUs »

Awesome pic ! Horns look really nice. Have fun and good luck out there :D
Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

thanks D3AKUs, to you too:)

i really like the running water effect, adds big to the atmosphere.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

looks cool.cant wait to jump on it and geet some videos done.just waiting for my pc parts to come back tomorrow then can get exploring :D
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

I haven't found running water yet. I absolutely love the colors. The sounds are great--in the river, the quiet lapping + insect buzzing is all fantastic. The animals' animations thus far from what I've seen are really superb, a big upgrade, imo. The insects--ambient butterflies everywhere, and spiders on the ground (SCARY) really add a great deal. The foliage is beautiful, and a lot of those dead branches and so forth look really lovingly-placed. Very nice, and feels very exotic. Sounds it, too! The background noises are great, bar maybe that whatever-it-is constantly screaming like a very distant siren :lol: Still sounds VERY cool, though.

I'd love to see the cowboy hat & maybe t-shirts offer some heat protection; I'd also love for us to be able to refill water at lodges, or lose some Heat by standing in running water, that'd be neat. My first water buffalo, unfortunately, was DQ'd because I'd no idea what ammo was legal for it, and no idea where to find out. Fair warning: 7mm is NOT LEGAL for buffalo :( Damn shame!

Use Crossbow Arrows, Cupid Arrows, Crossbow Tracer Arrows, Recurve Arrows, .340 Weatherby Magnum Ammunition, .300 Nosler AccuBond, .45-70 Government, 8x57 IS Nosler Partition, Compound Arrows, .454 Nosler Custom Handgun, .50 Conical Bullet, Recurve Tracer Arrows, Compound Tracer Arrows instead!
All in all very pretty so far, enjoying it a lot.
strandjutter
Scout

Post by strandjutter »

Looks like I shot a Golden banteng

Zaitzev82
Spotter

Post by Zaitzev82 »

I do enjoy hunting buffalos with my bow :)

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

It reminds me of settlers combined with Rougarou where half the animals want to kill you. It's very, very thick on max settings - For me, I will find the most wide open spaces I can and that's where I'll be. I never saw the water bottle thing or anything to do with it in my 1st hunt, 2hrs so not sure what that's about- I'm getting wrong pop-ups on harvests between Rusa and Sambar - collect rusa, says opposite but hunt stats are correct. It really wouldn't break my heart if all the pigs died off... I'm hating them for messing up a really cool reserve with all brand new animals except them... that really sucks.

I found the "Great Magical Buffalo" though- thought it would be harder :lol:

"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Haven´t touched the hunter Classic for how long. This was a really rough rediscovery.

Graphics don´t hold up at all so ugly. I don´t recall the hunter looking so unrealistic and ugly I actually remember it as quite decent looking despite it´s age but I am sure it´s all my time with modern game engines that destroys the immersion for me. The popin and all just kills the immersion it don´t appear like a real place.

On paper it looks like a good selection of species to hunt seen and shot one husk and a water buffalo but both evaded my 9.62. Tracking seem to be relatively hard in the bush but seriously this game engine can´t handle it properly. First impressions is important and it didn´t deliver at all.
Also all the pay to win stuff is getting long in the tooth. Selling bottles of water you need to keep along how does it make it more fun to play? Available for gm$ at least and don´t cost much but still the only purpose I can see is the hope to sell weapons through the missions or straight em$ for those that don´t do missions. It really adds nothing. All this reserve specific requirements just get worse then worse. The rope game at Val des Bois still the best lol

Automatic animation for drinking water and not having it take any inventory slots would be much more streamlined and no less realistic. Or press V to drink water when you start to hallucinate?
I didn´t find the basic clothes that gives you proper heat ventilation in my inventory? But maybe you have to buy them as well and they are not free?

I am not going back to classic anytime soon it appears.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Picabeen bay

Post by RidgeBack69 »

A nice surprise I found is that you can fast travel through the Railroad tunnel like in TGT.
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”