New Reservat: Piccabeen Bay

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: New Reservat: Piccabeen Bay

Post by Hawkeye »

saldas1983 wrote:Only played it a bit yesterday. I guess I got used to crap graphics in this game. But after I was pleasantly surprised after TGT release, I am disappointed with this one. It feels like this map was made years ago together with RFF or BRR and forgotten. And suddenly they remember it wasn't released. It doesn't feel like its a map that came out after TGT.
And now the stupid stupid heat thing. I want to warn people that didn't buy clothes yet. If you don't want clothes for camo effect, don't waste your money! You will start to overheat in about 10-15 in-game minutes anyway. I wish I knew that before I bought the clothes. I hate this overheating thing. It will force me to do short hunts. It gets annoying so quickly it unbelievable. This game turned in a very bad direction in my opinion. They try to make money out of everything lately. I don't have problem with lodge customization, feeders refill and loadouts as I simply don't use them. But now they trying to monetize the gameplay itself. I was talking to my friends yesterday while I was playing on the new map. The new map usually would excite them, they would come back to play for a while, but this time none of them even got interested after I explained the new stupid heat nonsense. I liked the direction the game was going after Alena took over, but recently some EW decisions opened my eyes. And Im afraid we will see more desperate attempts to make quick money out of people that still play this game.
So overall 2/10 for a new release.
Are you running & gunning to get that effect in 10-15 minutes with tropical camo? I hunted 5.5 hours yesterday and only needed to take 2 sips of water, do so immediately after noticing ripple effect. What else are you wearing besides the camo? A scarf? There are some bugs with other outfits, but there's no reason you shouldn't be able to hunt all day long with the tropical unless you're wearing something else to negate it's benefits.

I completely disagree with this "quick money" accusation. This isn't that different from any other reserve release. They've released a tropical camo outfit and have given water away for free. When I wear my tropical outfit, I can hunt all day with the free water bottle they've given everybody. No matter the reserve, they likely would have come up with a new camo pattern anyway, and I most likely would have purchased it, especially if it's the only one that works on that particular reserve.
RickC
Outfitter

Post by RickC »

gas56 wrote: So in all related game antics why should we need 3 bottles of water to keep from getting heat stroke/dehydration on a hot temperature reserve?
Also, it says we have 3 bottles of water. We actually have one bottle with three sips, or uses.
Bluejay
Scout

Post by Bluejay »

saldas1983 wrote:Only played it a bit yesterday. I guess I got used to crap graphics in this game. But after I was pleasantly surprised after TGT release, I am disappointed with this one. It feels like this map was made years ago together with RFF or BRR and forgotten. And suddenly they remember it wasn't released. It doesn't feel like its a map that came out after TGT.
And now the stupid stupid heat thing. I want to warn people that didn't buy clothes yet. If you don't want clothes for camo effect, don't waste your money! You will start to overheat in about 10-15 in-game minutes anyway. I wish I knew that before I bought the clothes. I hate this overheating thing. It will force me to do short hunts. It gets annoying so quickly it unbelievable. This game turned in a very bad direction in my opinion. They try to make money out of everything lately. I don't have problem with lodge customization, feeders refill and loadouts as I simply don't use them. But now they trying to monetize the gameplay itself. I was talking to my friends yesterday while I was playing on the new map. The new map usually would excite them, they would come back to play for a while, but this time none of them even got interested after I explained the new stupid heat nonsense. I liked the direction the game was going after Alena took over, but recently some EW decisions opened my eyes. And Im afraid we will see more desperate attempts to make quick money out of people that still play this game.
So overall 2/10 for a new release.
I have to agree with what you have said.
We could have done without this heat thing free water or not.
Worse yet, didn't they say the heat effect would also be implemented at BRR. This is a major bummer :(
saldas1983
Hunter

Post by saldas1983 »

No, I wasn't running. I was walking or crouching all the time. I was using new clothes and B&C Camouflage scarf. I got a ripple effect in 10 or 15min. After about 30 in-game minutes my character started to breathe heavily (again, haven't run one step). The ripple effect got worse and worse so I took a drink. After 7 in-game minutes, I start getting a ripple effect in the top corners of the screen again. I started a hunt 10am.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

saldas1983 wrote:No, I wasn't running. I was walking or crouching all the time. I was using new clothes and B&C Camouflage scarf. I got a ripple effect in 10 or 15min. After about 30 in-game minutes my character started to breathe heavily (again, haven't run one step). The ripple effect got worse and worse so I took a drink. After 7 in-game minutes, I start getting a ripple effect in the top corners of the screen again. I started a hunt 10am.
Take that B&C scarf off & you can hunt for hours.
saldas1983
Hunter

Post by saldas1983 »

Hawkeye wrote:
saldas1983 wrote:No, I wasn't running. I was walking or crouching all the time. I was using new clothes and B&C Camouflage scarf. I got a ripple effect in 10 or 15min. After about 30 in-game minutes my character started to breathe heavily (again, haven't run one step). The ripple effect got worse and worse so I took a drink. After 7 in-game minutes, I start getting a ripple effect in the top corners of the screen again. I started a hunt 10am.
Thanks Hawkeye. If that is the case then you can delete my rant. I was really mad they forcing me to do short hunts.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

RickC wrote:
gas56 wrote: So in all related game antics why should we need 3 bottles of water to keep from getting heat stroke/dehydration on a hot temperature reserve?
Also, it says we have 3 bottles of water. We actually have one bottle with three sips, or uses.
Were you only given one bottle? This has really been confusing me, as even Alena quoted me in the status update and said you get three uses per hunt (which implies one bottle). That said, if I go to the store or my inventory, I see three bottles. Says "You Own: 3" in the store. According to the store page, each bottle has 3 uses, or as you put it sips. Logically, I should have 9 uses/sips in a single hunt. I can assure you I didn't purchase any, as I still haven't needed to use the water bottle ingame yet (used it once to test a glasses glitch, not because I was experiencing the heat wave effect).
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

saldas1983 wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:
Thanks Hawkeye. If that is the case then you can delete my rant. I was really mad they forcing me to do short hunts.
The intent was never to force short hunts, or to "money grab". The intent was to add immersion. Note that this system came directly from the Thoughts & Suggestions forum thread that was fairly well received. The concerns voiced in that thread were addressed with the water bottle mechanic.

The scarf is bugged currently & having more of a negative impact than it should. For now, it's best to avoid using the scarf until that's patched.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
fantamichele wrote:Hi guys, do you know if there is a way to recover dead animals from high water?

In one of the streams it was said that it will float to shore.
I can confirm that the banteng has not moved from its place in the high water. I also tried to exit 2 times from the rendering distance but nothing changed.
Knoxx
Tracker

Post by Knoxx »

Well I hope they spend some time and clean up this map. While stalking I keep getting caught on invisible walls. I also hope the rethink the whole water bottle stuff. Keep it for those that want it but give those of us that never wanted it a way to opt out of it. How about a jungle camo ball-cap with a bottle on each side connected with a hose that you see drunken sports fans wearing at events. Make it the same price as the current hat.

Return to “General Chat”