What Are Your 'Frustrating' Hunting Experiences/ Bad Days?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
gas56
Outfitter

Re: What Are Your 'Frustrating' Hunting Experiences/ Bad Days?

Post by gas56 »

Oswald74 wrote:I try to enjoy every hunt, not thinking to much about the "bad things" in this game.

But one thing bothers me every single hunt..

When will we see the introduction of (long time overdue) "upright stalking"!

Can't believe nobody else isn't missing that feature!

MfG L.E. :roll:
It's not that we're missing it, because there is nothing to miss. Ha ha!
1. There are a lot of improvements they could do with animations that would make the hunt more believable,
I have never seen anybody stoop and walk for hours on end................ and it is the most ridiculously looking thing to watch :lol:
2. And the loud breathing that's in PB sounds like it's hard to breath in hot weather, also the breathing all together anywhere.
Has anybody in Sweden ever been to the tropics or a desert or a place where it's actually hotter than 100 degree's F............... :lol:
3. Running out of water and then dying in PB when after I stood right in the middle of a running stream....... and I couldn't fill the water bottle up! :roll:
4. But, frustrating is shooting and tracking an animal for hundreds of meters after they've lost all their health,(blood loss) and they still don't die for another hundreds of meters or more.
5. And when there are no hit boxes for Veins & Arteries or throat and are all counted as a body shot and has no effect on the animal.
6. And when some bullet hits do no damage even though it hit the chest area where you aimed at and has no penetration for a double lung.
7. When animal tracks disappear after shooting them and following them for hundreds of meters and you have to search the area over and over until you finally find the next track that is 100-200 meters away from the last one. Some players just give up tracking that animal,.. and I even do sometimes because that gets old real fast anymore.
Other than some of the things I've mentioned,.. and that is not all of them... I have not one frustrating hunting experience.......... :lol:
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

Today I shot a sambar deer with the .300. Being a sambar of course it survived, because being skittish and roaming fast while also having no lure at all isn't fun if the animal can't survive a shot of the most powerfull ethical rifle as well. :roll:
then i tracked it for about 1h.
Then I saw this:

I was just on the edge of the reserve borders the sambar is over a hundred meters outside of the reserve and continued bugging up the cliff.
I waited a bit, but it never changed direction and tried to reenter the reserve so I quit.
I then got my daily letter from doc...
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Prinz1989 wrote:Today I shot a sambar deer with the .300. Being a sambar of course it survived, because being skittish and roaming fast while also having no lure at all isn't fun if the animal can't survive a shot of the most powerfull ethical rifle as well. :roll:
Then I saw this:

I was just on the edge of the reserve borders the sambar is over a hundred meters outside of the reserve and continued bugging up the cliff.
I waited a bit, but it never changed direction and tried to reenter the reserve so I quit.
1st off,.. you've been playing long enough to know that animals will go outside of the boundary line and the boundary line sometimes is not in sync with the map page, especially on the new map PB.
And better shot placement will not allow Sambar to go far,... I know,.. I've been using it consistently, but a bad placement shot will, I know that also because I've done it, sometimes in
a hurry, sometimes not waiting for the precise moment to shoot the gun on the animal, especially on distant shots,,,, but that's my bad!
And you are the one who stopped pursuing it as you freely admitted it, sooner or later it would have returned even if not in the same area as it had left the reserve.
I have found out it is a good way so far on the West side of the map to hunt higher above the animals closer to the border as you can see the animals, especially the deer walking below you as you may be hunting similar.
I pitch a tent all the way to the North & head south keeping the wind in my favor and zig sagging all the way to the lodge along between the border to the river,.. then go to my other routines at different tent spots which I won't divulge the information here.

But if this is what a frustrating moment is to you what right do I have to tell you how to hunt?
So enjoy your frustrating moments to your hearts content,.. and sorry I even said anything.
Hope you can take this post in stride, and it's nothing personal so I hope you understand...... ;)
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

gas56 wrote:
Prinz1989 wrote:Today I shot a sambar deer with the .300. Being a sambar of course it survived, because being skittish and roaming fast while also having no lure at all isn't fun if the animal can't survive a shot of the most powerfull ethical rifle as well. :roll:
Then I saw this:

1st off,.. you've been playing long enough to know that animals will go outside of the boundary line and the boundary line sometimes is not in sync with the map page, especially on the new map PB.
And better shot placement will not allow Sambar to go far,... I know,.. I've been using it consistently, but a bad placement shot will, I know that also because I've done it, sometimes in
a hurry, sometimes not waiting for the precise moment to shoot the gun on the animal, especially on distant shots,,,, but that's my bad!
And you are the one who stopped pursuing it as you freely admitted it, sooner or later it would have returned even if not in the same area as it had left the reserve.
I have found out it is a good way so far on the West side of the map to hunt higher above the animals closer to the border as you can see the animals, especially the deer walking below you as you may be hunting similar.
I pitch a tent all the way to the North & head south keeping the wind in my favor and zig sagging all the way to the lodge along between the border to the river,.. then go to my other routines at different tent spots which I won't divulge the information here.

But if this is what a frustrating moment is to you what right do I have to tell you how to hunt?
So enjoy your frustrating moments to your hearts content,.. and sorry I even said anything.
Hope you can take this post in stride, and it's nothing personal so I hope you understand...... ;)
No hard feelings.
I'll just wait for them to add the sambar urine spray and ignore the Sambars for now. Maybe with a tripodstand and a crossbow some possibillities will open up.
Might have been bad shot placement. had to shoot during the 2 seconds i could see the animal.
Your walk along the edge of the map sound fine. I usually stay close to the river for the same reasons. However I have atendancy to go after call regardless. especially with the more rare animals like Sambar.
Waiting for the animal to return when it's stuck at a cliff and already a hundred meters out of the borders is a little to much waiting in a game for me though. ;)
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Prinz1989 wrote:
gas56 wrote:
Then I saw this:

No hard feelings.
I'll just wait for them to add the sambar urine spray and ignore the Sambars for now. Maybe with a tripodstand and a crossbow some possibillities will open up.
Might have been bad shot placement. had to shoot during the 2 seconds i could see the animal.
Your walk along the edge of the map sound fine. I usually stay close to the river for the same reasons. However I have atendancy to go after call regardless. especially with the more rare animals like Sambar.
Waiting for the animal to return when it's stuck at a cliff and already a hundred meters out of the borders is a little to much waiting in a game for me though. ;)
I don't blame you,... I get that way also.... and I only had my 1st cup of coffee........... :lol:
I'm like you in the presence of a deer call I head its way,.. I didn't know it was stuck out there,... And I don't know why my gun doesn't work either when they are out of bounds,..
cuz I would shoot it just to put it out of my misery............ :roll:
and I can handle the letters from Doc,.. God knows I'm one of his favorites......... :lol: :lol: :lol:
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Most frustrating? How about this little doozy from earlier this morning :evil: :
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=85542
Now THAT'S frustrating as hell!!!!!
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

My frustrating hunting experience is today because the frigid weather is too cold for me to go Muzzleloader deer hunting IRL and I have to stay indoors to play the game,..
and it's supposed to be no better tomorrow.. and it is only in season until this coming Tuesday. This winter just went back to the 1960's.
This is an arcade game day for me, Cuz I'm going to shoot everything I see just for the fun of it, just to take my frustration away!!! :twisted:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

After almost one year i did come back and went to Val-des-Bois with my .243 wood and my Weatherby, then i spoted a Red Deer quite nice and shoot him, it fell right in the spot and i was thinking, damm the Weatherby sure pack a punch... then got Doc nagging me cuz i shooted that nice Red with the .243 :oops: what nice way to comeback to the game :lol:

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

I am very new to this game so havent had many frustrating moments yet but I had what I thought a comical one last night.

I was on Whitethart Island hunting Blacktail out of Tower 18. I called in a couple does when I spot the biggest Blacktail I have seen yet on the a far side of the clearing. He was ambling my way slowly along the treeline as more & more does showed up at my stand. He got into the scrub brush North West of the stand & I lost sight of him. Meanwhile I have no less then 5 does pacing around the bottom of my stand. I continued to call for another hour (game time) all the while listening to all those does pace & never did catch sight of him again. I decided to move farther north & when I exited my stand & reappeared on the ground there he was standing in front of me all of 10ft away. He of course wheeled & was gone.

I had to laugh at myself wondering how long he had been one of the footsteps at the bottom of my stand I was listening to.

For the record I DID look down at the deer below my stand a number of times & didn't see him.

xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Well that's a bummer SoftShoe! The good news is, the more you play the game, the more you'll improve your tracking skills. It'll make tracking individual animals a bit easier. That way the next time this happens (if you let it happen again!) you'll be able to pick up that big buck's track and follow him until you get him!

Return to “General Chat”