What Are Your 'Frustrating' Hunting Experiences/ Bad Days?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Re: What Are Your 'Frustrating' Hunting Experiences/ Bad Days?

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

DanthemanBoone wrote:This last two weeks , hunting Sambhur on Piccabeen and finding out my bullpup just dosnt cut the mustard with them. I have spent more time tracking than hunting.
I love the Stalking with no caller, thats so much closer to reality than anything else we have had so far, and the terrain and cliff sides and steep gullies I am finding them in is so much like hunting at home. But now I have them sorted with a gun that gives good double lung and zero wound times , Im starting to smile again.
This is news to me as the bullpup and the .300 are the best guns I have. Are they not the most powerful guns in the game? I was under the impression they were? Not anymore? What is better for the new deer and animals at Piccabeen bay?
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:This is news to me as the bullpup and the .300 are the best guns I have. Are they not the most powerful guns in the game? I was under the impression they were? Not anymore? What is better for the new deer and animals at Piccabeen bay?
I think the most powerful rifle in the game is the .340, followed by the .45-70 rifles. Those would be my first choices for the bovine species, bears and pigs - but they are not very versatile since they are not ethical for medium sized and smaller deer species. The best rifle for the new deer species (rusa and sambar) seems to be the .30R Break Action Rifle. For me the 7mm works well too, but it will only penetrate one lung on Sambar, even with good shot placement. Still, it usually drops them within seconds. The .300 and the 9.3x62 are, in my opinion, a bit stronger than the 7mm (not so sure about the .30R which is a beast), but they have other disadvantages (the .300 being single shot, the 9.3x62 wobbling like crazy) which is why I rarely use them.
Image Image Image
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

The 30r is the best bang for your buck.
Well, against Sambhur for sure.
And practically no wobble straight out of the box.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

Thanks for the weapon tips guys! :)
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

You may want to visit this thread also:
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=85411

;)

Tanngnjostr wrote:I think the most powerful rifle in the game is the .340, followed by the .45-70 rifles.
This depends of one's definition for "most powerful". Because I believe that .45-70 is modeled to posses big "damage" factor, but it is relatively poor "penetrator". At least according to wiki chart, but since the same chart clearly shows that 9.3x62 and 8x57 are weaker than 7 mm RM, but in tests linked above both those cartridges seems to do better, I don't know do said chart is up-to date still. It obviously do not contain some of the newer weapons.

What is surprising for me, is that .340 projectile modeled in th game is only 200 gr. Still, if we reffer to IRL data (there is no .340 on said wiki-chart), It should posses superior penetrating capabilities to any other rifle in the game.

However, among ammo permitted for Sambar, again reffering to real world data and taking some assumptions, .30R might be slightly (or in-game maybe even more than slightly) superior to in-game modeled .300. Last one being second best choice. ;)
WolfLQ
Tracker

Post by WolfLQ »

I had the worst I've had last night. Spotted a male albino bobcat... I tried to get closer but he fled while I was crouched and still far away. Tried a few more times only to be unable to approach him at all even with scent eliminator so I took a risk from a distance and the chase was on. Tracked him for over an hour, shot him again as soon as I caught up with him. He went down. I ran up to the body to claim it and before I could reach it I lost connection to the server and was unable to reconnect because we had an outage. I don't think I'll get over that one... lol
(Not a newbie! Back after a few years hiatus.)
supercelldrw
Hunter

Post by supercelldrw »

30r definitely best penetration
Spoiler:
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

The missing of grizzly bears from TT, for sure. TT periodically is a complete mess. I hope now they have fixed it.
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

Just had one in BRR, no roos for the comp, female hogs wherever I went, not even a goat. Then shot a female roo from 40 odd meters for a mission with the 12 single shotgun with slugs and somehow managed to miss completly. Bummer of a hunt where NOTHING worked out as I hoped..... still tomorrow is another day....
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Skorpiovenator

Post by Skorpiovenator »

We had a MONSTER Roosevelt elk coming in at RFF yesterday. I was in a tower with a few of my friends and one of them was poised to take the shot. Then the elk turned and trotted away so we called again. Once again my friend was ready to take a shot. Next thing you know, A GUEST runs over firing his .243 rifle everywhere scaring basically everything. The guy got banned. Although it wasn't really mine it still hurt massively to see a 400+ elk bolt into the forest and no-one could take follow up shots at all.

Return to “General Chat”