What Are Your 'Frustrating' Hunting Experiences/ Bad Days?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Re: What Are Your 'Frustrating' Hunting Experiences/ Bad Days?

Post by RidgeBack69 »

ronMctube wrote:shooting a blacktail that would of won me a comp on loggers point with birdshot by accident :lol:

it was a shotgun comp.spotted a big pheasant swapped to birdshot collected pheasant.moved on then big blacktail called.didnt have my head on shot it as soon as i walked up to it i was like ron you immbecile :lol: haha can laugh about it now. :D .
That is an amazing story Ron! When did thy introduce Blacktail to loggers? ;) :lol:
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Frustrating

- Seeing a 240kg high end Wild Boar track ...
- Tracking it for a while ...
- Seeing him . Spotted at 210/200kg now ...
- Shooting and harvesting him to find out , he was only either high 800s or low 900s . :?

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

I love this game and there is not very much that will frustrate me. The comps can be frustrating at times when you're trying to find that trophy animal to give you the lead. Some of the missions can be frustrating like the last turkey mission I'm doing now (Too Many Numbers). I'm having trouble getting close enough to the turkeys. (13.5m). I'm not sure if it's much of a problem these days but the "roaming bug" used to irritate the crap outta me. Being the virtual hunter that I am I couldn't let the animal suffer so I would attempt to track it down with no luck. When the bug was an issue (don't know if it still is) I've spent many hours and walked many kilometers tracking these animals. Speaking of walking many kilometers, I'm still very frustrated getting screwed on so many kilometers traveled. I don't recall what my HM said when I ended my last hunt but I got credit for 2.57km and I know I was over 6km and the deficit is much worse the higher the numbers. Once traveled 30km only to get credit for about 11km :evil: Please EW for the love of God, address this issue or at least acknowledge it. How can anyone ever reach 40,076km traveled if we keep losing half or more of our distance traveled?
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
jim1975
Scout

Post by jim1975 »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
ronMctube wrote:shooting a blacktail that would of won me a comp on loggers point with birdshot by accident :lol:

it was a shotgun comp.spotted a big pheasant swapped to birdshot collected pheasant.moved on then big blacktail called.didnt have my head on shot it as soon as i walked up to it i was like ron you immbecile :lol: haha can laugh about it now. :D .
That is an amazing story Ron! When did thy introduce Blacktail to loggers? ;) :lol:

It could be a case of when did they take them out :lol: :lol: :lol: . I've been playing for a couple of years now and they weren't on Loggers when I first started.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Mule deer used to be on Whitehart, blacktail used to be on Logger's and Russia was still allowed to compete in the Olympics. Believe it or not! :D
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Oops! My bad. That was before my time in the hunter.
Spoiler:
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

Ouch! I feel ya. That is a bad day in the EHR.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

D3AKUs wrote:Just had the father of all Sambar deer roaming close to me, huuuuge thing. I lost visuals and couldnt find him again for a while ... until i realized HE WAS STRAIGHT UP IN MY FACE :lol:
Ofc spooked him. Followed him an shot , nothing happened he didnt even spook or flinch he was just standing. Strange - so i shot again. He flinched now and ran. Found Body blood for one track nothing after that. It felt a lil messed up . I followed him for a while but he kept on spooking. Everytime i wouldnt get sight when i reached the black circle and he was close and then he would freak out in my face out of nowhere leaving me with a jump scare cause i was so focused. I gave up after he spooked like 7 times and ran a giant circle into his old tracks and i couldnt find the right ones again ... god i am mad at myself for f****** this up. He looked insanely big what a shame , spotting info was way past 300 - but my spottings still low so ill never know. This will probably haunt me for days as it always does when i lose a potential beast.
I'm sure someone out there is writing a song about your tenacious efforts. :lol: I probably would have had coffee spilled all over my desk and sprinting all over the map like a crazed lunatic taking cheap pop shots at everything to release my frustration.
supercelldrw
Hunter

Post by supercelldrw »

Watching a former fellow hunter shoot a flock of geese with a.454
Spoiler:
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

This last two weeks , hunting Sambhur on Piccabeen and finding out my bullpup just dosnt cut the mustard with them. I have spent more time tracking than hunting.
I love the Stalking with no caller, thats so much closer to reality than anything else we have had so far, and the terrain and cliff sides and steep gullies I am finding them in is so much like hunting at home. But now I have them sorted with a gun that gives good double lung and zero wound times , Im starting to smile again.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.

Return to “General Chat”