What Are Your 'Frustrating' Hunting Experiences/ Bad Days?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

What Are Your 'Frustrating' Hunting Experiences/ Bad Days?

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

I've started this thread for 'venting' about your frustrating hunts in The Hunter. Who doesn't have those 'bad days'? LOL!

Just today I was in tower-3 at Hemmeldal trying to lure in Roe, Moose, and Fox. I brought in a fox, shot it with buckshot at 40m. Just as I shot it a BIG Raindeer bull comes right out of the trees just beside the fox I just hit. I'm cursing because by the time I have a chance to get my Magnum Bullpup to take a shot at the Raindeer, both animals (including the fox) are gone over the hill running in the same direction in a thick forested area over 100m away. I ended up following them but lost the tracks of the fox I shot and the Raindeer was gone. I guess that's life in EHR hey! LOL!

*Edit and update.

This same hunt has got ever more frustrating...not unlucky though. I shot what looked like a clean slug shot on a big bull moose. I saw the huge antlers...that guy looked huge and I will not know what the score on him was because for some stranger reason I lost the tracks on some very rough terrain. I don't know if I have ever lost the trail of a moose. Don't know how that happened. Seemed like I was searching forever. The weird part was a bunch of bull Raindeer kept appearing right around me while I was tracking this moose. Was it foolish of me to take advantage and harvest the Raindeer who supposedly are more difficult to track down? So I get all these Raindeer intercepting and distracting my chase of the moose. I got a couple decent Raindeer but damn it's frustrating losing that moose knowing how big he looked. I don't know that getting the strophy is much fun when it happens by chance and it's not the one you're after. Is that a random thing?

What's your 'bad days' stories in The Hunter?
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Re: What Are Your 'Frustrating' Hunting Experiences/ Bad Days?

Post by TheSheWolf »

THIS is why I got a scent hound. Just that 1/100 times when I shoot something and cannot for the life of me find one of the tracks. Well, that and the companionship!

I think the worst thing that ever happened to me was sitting in a tower near dusk on Hirschfelden, and no less than THREE red deer stags were incoming. They were all big, and I mean BIG, and I know how the "the one that got away" stories tend to be overblown but holy god, man, these were 250-270+ stags.

I was carefully calling them into bow range, and they were coming in from three directions, about 60-70 yards off, when a wild boar ran STRAIGHT TO ME for no reason whatsoever, spooked, spooked some red deer cows who were closer, and then bam, everything was gone. I was so disappointed. I managed to track them, but then the hunt ended.

WELL, I found one stag's tracks the next 'morning.' Found him, shot him, and then got the "second day hunt" bug where I couldn't collect. SO disappointed :D Luckily, stuff like this is so rare!
Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

I try to enjoy every hunt, not thinking to much about the "bad things" in this game.

But one thing bothers me every single hunt..

When will we see the introduction of (long time overdue) "upright stalking"!

Can't believe nobody else isn't missing that feature!

MfG L.E. :roll:

Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

Oswald74 wrote:When will we see the introduction of (long time overdue) "upright stalking"!

You're not alone. The stance thing isn't really realistic and suggestions have been made plenty a time to change it. I guess we won't see that any time (soon).
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

dont be greedy, and take your time :) if you hadnt rushed and tried to get both youd of probably got 1, then you follow the other once its settled down.
supercelldrw
Hunter

Post by supercelldrw »

Hearing honk honk honk honk honk honk honk on new map
Spoiler:
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Knut wrote:
Oswald74 wrote:When will we see the introduction of (long time overdue) "upright stalking"!

You're not alone. The stance thing isn't really realistic and suggestions have been made plenty a time to change it. I guess we won't see that any time (soon).
Yes, yes, I want that too! :)

And in the subject - I hate red foxes! :P I shot every one I see. ;P Ok, in reality, I like to hunt them, but when I'm about something else - then foxes are silent, hard to see (at least at Hirschfelden), and easy to spook. They are spooked, and suddenly everything on their way is spooked - but you, as a player, not neccessery are aware of the cause (because you've never heard or saw this fox).

And I suppose that like as many, my worst days were when I was after some specific specimen, and "suddenly" some other animal was showing up much closer, with big chance to spook - and it did spook indeed or forced me to some rushed actions, with were resulting in bad shots for example. Part of the reason I don't like to use callers, but of course this can happen in other situations too.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

shooting a blacktail that would of won me a comp on loggers point with birdshot by accident :lol:

it was a shotgun comp.spotted a big pheasant swapped to birdshot collected pheasant.moved on then big blacktail called.didnt have my head on shot it as soon as i walked up to it i was like ron you immbecile :lol: haha can laugh about it now. :D .
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

That moment when you bring two Rifles for the new map and shoot an animal before realizing it was the wrong rifle. :roll: :lol:
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

Just had the father of all Sambar deer roaming close to me, huuuuge thing. I lost visuals and couldnt find him again for a while ... until i realized HE WAS STRAIGHT UP IN MY FACE :lol:
Ofc spooked him. Followed him an shot , nothing happened he didnt even spook or flinch he was just standing. Strange - so i shot again. He flinched now and ran. Found Body blood for one track nothing after that. It felt a lil messed up . I followed him for a while but he kept on spooking. Everytime i wouldnt get sight when i reached the black circle and he was close and then he would freak out in my face out of nowhere leaving me with a jump scare cause i was so focused. I gave up after he spooked like 7 times and ran a giant circle into his old tracks and i couldnt find the right ones again ... god i am mad at myself for f****** this up. He looked insanely big what a shame , spotting info was way past 300 - but my spottings still low so ill never know. This will probably haunt me for days as it always does when i lose a potential beast.

Return to “General Chat”