The Secret of Foxes

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

The Secret of Foxes

Post by TheSheWolf »

After rigorous scientific testing

I have come to the conclusion

that all foxes are made

of liver.

Seriously, 10+ hours and couldn't get the comp done. Tried shooting farther forward--all of them completely broadside--and somehow even shoulder/lung shots are also liver. It's like the game thinks i'm shooting at an angle (and somehow missing stomach?) even when I'm not. Rest in pepperoni, fox comp. My bad luck is sometimes amazing :lol:
Mills
Outfitter

Re: The Secret of Foxes

Post by Mills »

What weapon are you using? I ask because I completed this with ease using the .223. If you are using the .243 that might be the reason for decreased harvest value.
tbug
Outfitter

Post by tbug »

Use buckshot. 100% trophy integrity. Easy peazy.
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

Mills wrote:What weapon are you using? I ask because I completed this with ease using the .223. If you are using the .243 that might be the reason for decreased harvest value.
Edit: For the record I'm assuming you're referring to the Christmas fox comp that's on right now. Feel free to give me a slap upside the head if I'm wrong. ;)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I agree with Mills & tbug: if you're looking for 100% HV, then the liver is not the problem - using the .223 or buckshot should solve this!
Image Image Image
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Yeah, it's just the .243. Strangely, had no trouble getting the arctic--just the red foxes are apparently my issue. I've given up now, though, I'm exhausted (on EU time) and it's just not worth the drop in sanity :D Thanks for the input regardless, will bear it in mind next time and maybe give it a shot (ha) with a bow should it come up again.

Buckshot? Is that actually true? I'd have thought it'd perforate everything :lol: Thanks. And yup! It the Christmas comp!
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

tbug wrote:Use buckshot. 100% trophy integrity. Easy peazy.
Tanngnjostr wrote:I agree with Mills & tbug: if you're looking for 100% HV, then the liver is not the problem - using the .223 or buckshot should solve this!

I hunt almost exclusively deer and elk so had no idea! This trophy shot's for you two, a grinning comp-finishing fox. Thanks!
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

I've made it with .243, but personaly I had problems with arctic foxes. For me - range was the key - bigger the range, better harvest value. :) I don't know do animals size (weight) matters too. Possibly larger dogs have better chances to score 100% harvest value, than small ones. For me this wasn't an issue because I just wanted to have an entry to the comp. But if one dispose .223, it is probably better solution. ;)

Good hunting!

EDIT:

I was too late with my post. :P Congratulations! :)
Last edited by Sherab86 on December 13th, 2017, 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

TheSheWolf wrote:
tbug wrote:Use buckshot. 100% trophy integrity. Easy peazy.
Tanngnjostr wrote:I agree with Mills & tbug: if you're looking for 100% HV, then the liver is not the problem - using the .223 or buckshot should solve this!

I hunt almost exclusively deer and elk so had no idea! This trophy shot's for you two, a grinning comp-finishing fox. Thanks!
Gratz
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Good job, TheSheWolf! :)
Sherab86 wrote:I've made it with .243, but personaly I had problems with arctic foxes. For me - range was the key - bigger the range, better harvest value. :) I don't know do animals size (weight) matters too. Possibly larger dogs have better chances to score 100% harvest value, than small ones. For me this wasn't an issue because I just wanted to have an entry to the comp. But if one dispose .223, it is probably better solution. ;)
I'm not sure whether the score/weight matters, but to get a 100% trophy integrity you will sometimes also have to consider range as far as I know. But the .223 should always be a good choice for foxes, no matter the distance - of course you'll have to drop them on the spot for the 100 HV.
Image Image Image

Return to “General Chat”