Pawn Shop Equipment?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Violator31
Outfitter

Re: Pawn Shop Equipment?

Post by Violator31 »

xOEDragonx wrote:my father custom painted it for me, nothing too fancy but he's got his own little paint style I've come to love, and quite frankly I love the worn look the paint has been getting in recent years. It looks like a gun that's been well used and well loved-- which it has and is.
Very cool, that paint job will last forever. Maybe not on the gun though. ;)
Many years from now there might be just a little paint left around that trigger guard & you will see it as the best part of the gun.
(bringing tears to my eyes-damit)
It looks like, possibly the OP has his answer but,......I hope more of you guys add your stories to the thread. Good stuff so far.
BTW... the scratches on the .30-06 Lever action in the game.... I thought it was a great idea that they added those.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

When I was younger and hunted a lot I had 2 kinds of guns,...
ones that I used and the ones that I didn't,.... those ones I didn't use were like new and they looked like it.
But the ones I used had character over time until it was there time to get rid of or refinish them.
I always kept them working or retired them to the gun grave yard,... at the gun show.......... :D
But I did swap a $450 1892 Marlin 12 ga. pump(which was called a Widowmaker) for a 1906 Ithica 12 ga hamerless double barrel shotgun that I thought I could turn around and make a few dollars off of it that became a nightmare when I got it home and took a closer look. Parts were obsolete to get. The receiver was split on the side covered with rust and grease I hadn't noticed :roll:
and the left barrel hammer would not **** and set. The stock and forearm needed replaced which I knew but I made them myself out of Mahogany. By the time I finished that gun,
repairing and making new parts I had surpassed my goal in what the gun was really worth. It did have 2 Damascus 1 full, 1 modified chocked barrels and turned out to be a good shooter but the
2 5/8's Black Powder paper 12 ga shells had to be ordered online as it was only good for 6000 psi with those shells. Not even standard low brass shells could be used as they produce around
9000 psi. This gun was a real looker, looked like brand new and became a great wall hanger for a collector that I sold for less than a desirable price I admit, which I won't mention how much here.
All I can say is I'll never do that again! But I will definitely find out what price a treasure is worth even if you come across an old, old, older, beat up gun that looks like it was thrown down the well and is worth a fortune! Because it might have really been. ................ :lol:
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Post by MooseHunter330 »

My dad and I mostly hunt with the same guns. His oldest gun is his Krieghoff Drilling, which he bought in the 70s. Though you can see it has seen a ton of game through it's barrels, it's still in excellent condition.
His very first gun was a single barrel Baikal in 16ga. It is in practically new condition. It's not hard to imagine why, though, since the thing kicks like a damned mule.
We got an M96 Swedish Mauser some time ago as a fun gun. When you look at that thing, you can see that it's seen quite a few soldiers' hands. Dings all over it, but it shoots like poison. Also fun as hell.
Buying a Swedish gun at least comes with the knowledge, that it most likely hasn't killed a person. You know, unlike these K98s you see with kill marks on 'em ;)
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I really wish we had a "like/love" function here for peoples posts so instead I have to post to say, awesome stories everyone! When one wonders what hunting means to someone it's like this, it revolves around family and experiences together we'll always remember. It doesn't get any better than that.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
supercelldrw
Hunter

Post by supercelldrw »

Radamus wrote:You know, the one person in the woods with a gun that scares me? the guy with all brand new sht, even his boots- that's nothing but red flags ;)
Thought u were gona sat Doc
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

supercelldrw wrote:
Radamus wrote:You know, the one person in the woods with a gun that scares me? the guy with all brand new sht, even his boots- that's nothing but red flags ;)
Thought u were gona sat Doc
Oh no, Doc and I are tight, he writes me all the time to let me know what's going on :lol:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
SIRTEX1
Spotter

Post by SIRTEX1 »

we move to a wet weather state i have to blue my shotgun it seem like every 2yrs

HunterBooth
Outfitter

Post by HunterBooth »

Growing up in Texas I hunted whitetail on fenced "leases" (didn't have a feral hog problem back then ... so that dates me) and used my Savage .222 to help hold down the top strand of barbed wire fences as I climbed across, so my first rifle has some "character". I also have a full length prosthesis and I've seen frost on both my rifle AND my prosthetic foot while backed up against a cedar bush overlooking a brushy draw. Good times, good memories, wouldn't change a thing. ;)
A recent study has shown that women who have gained weight tend to live longer than men who mention it.
Spoiler:
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

as a practical firearm i dont think id spend more than £400 now. much higher and id probably care to much about it to put it through the abuse required to be used as a hunting tool.

Return to “General Chat”