were did it go [300 Bolt Action Rifle (Composite)]

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Buckkiller4
Hunter

Re: were did it go [300 Bolt Action Rifle (Composite)]

Post by Buckkiller4 »

I can only think of one rifle in this game that has a clip....the .303 British (Lee–Enfield). ;)
The .300 has one on the model if you look closely, the .308 has one, and the 8X57 IS K98K Bolt Action Rifle has one. These are just the ones I know of, there may be more.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

For you John - MAGAZINE, or better yet blind magazine - to be correct.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Buckkiller4 wrote:
I can only think of one rifle in this game that has a clip....the .303 British (Lee–Enfield). ;)
The .300 has one on the model if you look closely, the .308 has one, and the 8X57 IS K98K Bolt Action Rifle has one. These are just the ones I know of, there may be more.
Nooooo....If you watch the loading animation of the .303 British, you'll see a clip. It's the thing around the cartridges, (5 maybe), that holds them together as they are inserted into the MAGAZINE.
Personal Bests...
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Fletchette wrote:
Buckkiller4 wrote:
Nooooo....If you watch the loading animation of the .303 British, you'll see a clip. It's the thing around the cartridges, (5 maybe), that holds them together as they are inserted into the MAGAZINE.
WW2 veterans called them striper clips, buckkiller is referring to the magazine.
Spoiler:
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
Fletchette wrote:
Buckkiller4 wrote:
WW2 veterans called them striper clips, buckkiller is referring to the magazine.
Yes, I understand that.....That's why I said, "...holds them together as they are inserted into the MAGAZINE."

BTW, WW2 vets or whomever would really only call the clip from a .303 British or similar a "stripper clip", because you strip the rounds off the clip as you press them into the magazine. The clip doesn't stay in the rifle. Now American forces used the M1 Garand, which also uses a clip, but is not a stripper clip, it's an en-bloc clip (just clip for short). It's holds eight rounds of .30-06 Springfield, is inserted into the rifle and stays in the rifle until the last round is fired. Then it's ejected automatically with the last empty casing. If you're ever fired one, or seen a WW2 movie where they're being used, the distinctive "ping" sound you hear when the rifle is empty is the metal clip flying out.
Personal Bests...
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Fletchette wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote:
Fletchette wrote: Nooooo....If you watch the loading animation of the .303 British, you'll see a clip. It's the thing around the cartridges, (5 maybe), that holds them together as they are inserted into the MAGAZINE.
Yes, I understand that.....That's why I said, "...holds them together as they are inserted into the MAGAZINE."

BTW, WW2 vets or whomever would really only call the clip from a .303 British or similar a "stripper clip", because you strip the rounds off the clip as you press them into the magazine. The clip doesn't stay in the rifle. Now American forces used the M1 Garand, which also uses a clip, but is not a stripper clip, it's an en-bloc clip (just clip for short). It's holds eight rounds of .30-06 Springfield, is inserted into the rifle and stays in the rifle until the last round is fired. Then it's ejected automatically with the last empty casing. If you're ever fired one, or seen a WW2 movie where they're being used, the distinctive "ping" sound you hear when the rifle is empty is the metal clip flying out.
You are correct about the M1 Garand but the M1903 was also in service during WW2 and it used stripper clips.
Spoiler:
tsg303
Tracker

Post by tsg303 »

Return to “General Chat”