What's the difference?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Buckkiller4
Hunter

What's the difference?

Post by Buckkiller4 »

Can someone please explain to me the difference between the reverse draw crossbow and the tenpoint? I'm thinking about getting one but I have no idea what the difference is.
Last edited by Buckkiller4 on December 10th, 2017, 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
lowby
Outfitter

Re: What's the difference?

Post by lowby »

I think the reverse draw crossbow is quieter and with the scopes for them are diffrent tenpoint scopes goes 10,20,30,40 and the other scope goes 20,40,60,80 I think.
Buckkiller4
Hunter

Post by Buckkiller4 »

ok thanks lowby
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

I'm sure both Crossbows have the same noise level.

Without the scopes:
Tenpoint Crossbow has two pins 20m 40m
Reverse Draw Crossbow has three pins 20m 40m 60m

With scopes:
Reverse Draw Crossbow has four mil dots 20m 40m 60m 80m
Tenpoint Crossbow has four mil dots 10m 20m 30m 40m
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Don't quote me on this, because I don't have either of them, but reverse draw shouldn't be a little bit more "powerfull" (have better penetration)?

Videos on YouTube linked in the Wiki shows also differences in the look of aiming pins in both crossbows. It seems also, that reverse draw have larger "zoom" without the scope, than with it. :P If devs haven't repaired this already, I mean.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

One is black with green draw strings. One is tan/black camo with black draw strings. The ten point has it's name on it. The RDXB does not. The Ten Pt is $500 in the store, the RXCB is $519 in the store.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
INSANEPAPPY60
Outfitter

Post by INSANEPAPPY60 »

have them both.......like the reverse draw best
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

The difference between the Reverse Draw Cross-bow and the Ten Point Cross-bow is on the Reverse Draw the position of the bow itself is in Reverse that is mounted on
a stock or frame...........
Somebody came out with a bright idea of reversing the bow but it still works in the same manner of any Compound Bow/Compound Cross-Bow as having cam wheels at full draw
to hold back lesser poundage with more ease derived from against it's letoff tension from the limbs. The Strength of the bow itself is derived from how much poundage it is capable of producing at the maximum tension point from how stiff the limbs are. I have them both and it doesn't matter which one you use as long as you can hit where you're aiming at, namely a vital spot, unless you don't mind tracking the animal. It's almost imperative to go to the shooting range to see where your bolts (arrows) are hitting on the targets at different distances with either one of them using a mounted scope on the cross-bow.
I like them both,.. but they are both louder than a Compound Bow and by these statistics below should perform pretty identical, but in this game you never know... :lol:

Different makes could reflect differences, these were both in around the $700 price range.

TenPoint Titan Xtreme Acu50 Crossbow
Kinetic Energy: 94 ft lbs.
Speed: up to 335 fps.
Draw wt: 180 lbs.
Wt: without accessories 7.4 lbs., with accessories 9 lbs.
Camo pattern

Barnett BC Raptor Carbon Lite Crossbow
•FPKE: 97 ft lbs.
•FPS: 330
•Draw Weight: 150 lbs
•Mass Weight: 6.5 lbs
•Color Camo
Last edited by gas56 on December 10th, 2017, 2:47 pm, edited 7 times in total.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Indeed the Compound Bows are a lot quieter than either of the X-Bows, I have them both as well, and I like the RD-x-Bow better than the ten-point. I think the RD is quieter than the ten-point, and I seem to be more accurate with the RD-X-Bow than the ten-point. Either one tho' as others have said do the same job with vital hits, the critters drop on the spot. The compound bows- I have the Pulsar, and if you like to sit in a tree-stand you can off herds of animals if you have an inclination to do so, and none will spook, until you make a miss. With the X-Bows if you can punch bolts into the animals at a further distance, you might be able to pull off killing a lot as well, but once the animals come in closer, the sound from the X-Bows sends them scattering. At least that has been my experience. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

I like Tenpoint Crossbow the best because of the scope, more accurate close.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox

Return to “General Chat”