Christmas Event 2017

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Cogsy666
Outfitter

Re: Christmas Event 2017

Post by Cogsy666 »

Tanngnjostr wrote: Everybody get together
Try to love one another
Right now
:D
Humming Nirvana now thanks Tann :) my favourite song aswell 8-)

Obviously I know The Youngbloods song but as soon as I read that the Nirvana song Territorial Peeing popped into my head.
Rares So Far 129
Non-Typicals So Far 24
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Cogsy666 wrote:Humming Nirvana now thanks Tann :) my favourite song aswell 8-)

Obviously I know The Youngbloods song but as soon as I read that the Nirvana song Territorial Peeing popped into my head.
I know both songs too, but it was Kurt's distorted voice at the beginning of the song that played in my head. :)

Speaking of this, I still remember when I was an adolescent, Cobain had just died and we grieved and listened to that wonderful "Unplugged" record all the time - and then someone had the nerves to tell me that "The man who sold the world'" was actually a Bowie song. :? :lol:
Image Image Image
Cogsy666
Outfitter

Post by Cogsy666 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:

I know both songs too, but it was Kurt's distorted voice at the beginning of the song that played in my head. :)

Speaking of this, I still remember when I was an adolescent, Cobain had just died and we grieved and listened to that wonderful "Unplugged" record all the time - and then someone had the nerves to tell me that "The man who sold the world'" was actually a Bowie song. :? :lol:
Yea Unplugged is a great album. :lol: know what you mean about the Bowie song, not being a Bowie fan i didn't know it was one of his songs.
Rares So Far 129
Non-Typicals So Far 24
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:

Actually that was the voice of Krist Novoselic at the beginning of Territorial Pissings. LOL If he sung the whole song you would have thought your uncle could sing better. LOL A lot of their early live shows has him singing Beatles songs before the start of a song and it's funny as hell. He didn't have vocal talents but great bass player. Yah I recognized that line from Nirvana too (I've heard the original too but can't remember the name of the song). Nirvana was my first favorite of anything. Can't not recognize that line. :D
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

used to love that song very mental :D prefer breed myself though ;)
atc86
Tracker

Post by atc86 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:

Most of Nirvana's songs are covers ;)
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Christmas Event 2017

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

atc86 wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:
Cogsy666 wrote:Humming Nirvana now thanks Tann [emoji3] my favourite song aswell [emoji41]

I know both songs too, but it was Kurt's distorted voice at the beginning of the song that played in my head. [emoji3]

Speaking of this, I still remember when I was an adolescent, Cobain had just died and we grieved and listened to that wonderful "Unplugged" record all the time - and then someone had the nerves to tell me that "The man who sold the world'" was actually a Bowie song. [emoji53] [emoji1]

What?? [emoji1]

Yeah, I remember back when the Beatles first came out with “Smells Like Teen Spirit”. Or who could ever forget that Elvis Presley classic, “Rape Me”. Was happy to see Nirvana do a cover of Willie Nelson’s “Come As You Are”. And god knows if the Kinks had never come out with “Dive”, there would of been no Nirvana. [emoji1] [emoji1]

Just havin a little fun with ya. A lot of bands do covers and put their own spin on classic songs. Hell, one of my all time favorites is Sepultura’s version of Motorhead’s “Orgasmatron”. But to say that “most” of their songs are covers is quite a bit of a stretch, my friend.
atc86
Tracker

Post by atc86 »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:
atc86 wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote: I know both songs too, but it was Kurt's distorted voice at the beginning of the song that played in my head. [emoji3]

Speaking of this, I still remember when I was an adolescent, Cobain had just died and we grieved and listened to that wonderful "Unplugged" record all the time - and then someone had the nerves to tell me that "The man who sold the world'" was actually a Bowie song. [emoji53] [emoji1]

What?? [emoji1]

Yeah, I remember back when the Beatles first came out with “Smells Like Teen Spirit”. Or who could ever forget that Elvis Presley classic, “Rape Me”. Was happy to see Nirvana do a cover of Willie Nelson’s “Come As You Are”. And god knows if the Kinks had never come out with “Dive”, there would of been no Nirvana. [emoji1] [emoji1]

Just havin a little fun with ya. A lot of bands do covers and put their own spin on classic songs. Hell, one of my all time favorites is Sepultura’s version of Motorhead’s “Orgasmatron”. But to say that “most” of their songs are covers is quite a bit of a stretch, my friend.
Don't get me wrong nothing wrong with covers and Nirvana are one of my all time favourite bands, although a lot of their songs were covers. The meat puppets, The vaselines, shocking blue, Lead belly, Bowie, Led Zeplin, The who, The beatles, Iron Maiden and Queen just to name a few bands they covered of the top of my head ;)
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

32 / 123 songs is actually quite a bit, but certainly not "most". ;) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_s ... by_Nirvana)

As for the event, I'll be lucky to get the smallest ginger cookie. But that's OK. The missions are the only bit that caters to the casual hunter. I'll try to get an entry in the comps for the extra jolly points, but won't be able to put in the time to place.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Tod1d wrote:32 / 123 songs is actually quite a bit, but certainly not "most". ;) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_s ... by_Nirvana)

As for the event, I'll be lucky to get the smallest ginger cookie. But that's OK. The missions are the only bit that caters to the casual hunter. I'll try to get an entry in the comps for the extra jolly points, but won't be able to put in the time to place.
My sentiments exactly.... although I do get to also finish the Wolf missions now that I got some time to do them........ and I get some $Gm for doing them, a little Christmas present from EW even if it's not intentional ;)
I still don't know where I'll put that ginger cookie?..... cuz I don't have a stocking hanging in my lodges

P.S. Now that I think about it,,, That ginger cookie will probably stay with all the other textures, I mean trophies...... :lol:

Return to “General Chat”