Christmas Event 2017

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Re: Christmas Event 2017

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

caledonianblues wrote:
InvisibleFlame9 wrote: This is not a practice unique to theHunter. Do you subscribe to Netflix and expect to own the product, or be able to stream movies offline? I just view theHunter as another form of entertainment, and the amount I pay per month (even when I include all the em$ I've spent over the years) I consider to be fantastic value for money and I'm more than happy with the return.
Netflix? Personally for me no. I tend not to spend much money on 'entertainment' in general. There are maybe 2 or 3 games I've played over the last decade (including this one) that really appeal to me that are worth paying for to me. But besides that I don't agree with subscription based business models in general. Adobe does that crap. Whatever the case, the game is worth paying money for to me because I know I would want to play it for many years to come. If only participating in community events didn't entail being pressured to spend $ at every turn! Not to drive the point into the ground or repeat myself! I said my piece.
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

ArwenerI wrote:
Eraser_SK wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote: It is way too much! Simply because I paid 600 for it less than two weeks ago... never buy anything in November! :roll:
You dont wait for Black Friday? cmooonn :) patience will be rewarded with gold :D

wait for what the 10% discount? LOL
was 20%... now is same. Its new shotgun. I think its fair price.
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:
Eraser_SK wrote:480 em$ for 10ga shotgun is not much...
First I have a '12GA' shotgun (2 of them). 2 different missions require the other shotguns. Owning the other shotguns is pretty pointless for me at this stage plus I don't see a 5$ gun. I see a 20$...or 30$ ....bundle that contains those weapons. Some of them even go up to 75$. All containing very important items and upgrades in the game. Buying individual weapons would not be economical. Nor am I willing to make impulsive purchases on items just because different days of Christmas event require some other weapon I don't have and this that and the other. I don't see even standing a chance of really participating in this event. Maybe someone in my position could get at best a 'cookie' :shock: ....but the way things are looking so far...I doubt it!
Ok... so you want fair price for 3 months premium and couple of guns... ok - buy this for 6,99€ https://www.mmoga.com/Game-Keys/The-Hun ... -Pack.html
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:
InvisibleFlame9 wrote: This is not a practice unique to theHunter. Do you subscribe to Netflix and expect to own the product, or be able to stream movies offline? I just view theHunter as another form of entertainment, and the amount I pay per month (even when I include all the em$ I've spent over the years) I consider to be fantastic value for money and I'm more than happy with the return.
Netflix? Personally for me no. I tend not to spend much money on 'entertainment' in general. There are maybe 2 or 3 games I've played over the last decade (including this one) that really appeal to me that are worth paying for to me. But besides that I don't agree with subscription based business models in general. Adobe does that crap. Whatever the case, the game is worth paying money for to me because I know I would want to play it for many years to come. If only participating in community events didn't entail being pressured to spend $ at every turn! Not to drive the point into the ground or repeat myself! I said my piece.

I would say this also highly depedns on "how" you do the things.

I will refer to WoW, but I don't mean by anyway that TheHunter should apply same model - this is just an example. So - generaly, when I buy a WoW, I actualy "feel" (and this is important part from my standpoint), that I own the game. Because I have accesss to all the content. Additionaly I pay for time played online - let's say, usage of servers. Same way as I own a cell phone (I own the product) but I still have to pay bills for using it. In reality (I did not do the math, so don't realy know), you may spend much more money on WoW in long term, than on theHunter. But you don't "feel" they are trying to rob you on every step ;) (intentional exageration). I was writing on this a lot in other threads, so I don't realy want to start it over, but I would probably "feel" different, that we would have to buy game ones, reciving all the content coming with it (additional aviable through DLC's eventualy), and then pay for a membership (much more, than it cost now - but just ones for a year, 6 months and so on). It simply "feels" much different, than current model - much better for me.

From other hand, I think current system is so punishing (or it "feels" this way) mostly for new players. Because if You've played the game for several years, and during this time You've already collected most of the equipment - not only to met your own expectations, but also for all possible missions and/or competitions, then (after that) game can be felt quite cheap indeed. Current prices for membership are rather low. And probably most players can also afford for occasional new gun relised, etc. But when you are new, those "bombardment" by "you need this, to do this comp./mission" is at least annoying.
Bong_Boy
Spotter

Post by Bong_Boy »

gas56 wrote: This post is like going to the return section of a department store to complain about the Christmas gifts you want to bring back.
And it happens every holiday season............... :lol:
Can anybody just be happy it's Christmas time! :D
Happy? :lol: Happy? :lol: :lol: I’m joining the rest of you and calling for a ROIT grab your pitchforks ——E :evil: :x
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Bong_Boy wrote:
gas56 wrote: This post is like going to the return section of a department store to complain about the Christmas gifts you want to bring back.
Happy? :lol: Happy? :lol: :lol: I’m joining the rest of you and calling for a ROIT grab your pitchforks ——E :evil: :x

Yeah, right! Happy? This is a time of a year in with most of suicides take place according to statistics, after all. ;P
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Sherab86 wrote:
Bong_Boy wrote:

Yeah, right! Happy? This is a time of a year in with most of suicides take place according to statistics, after all. ;P
Being happy has nothing to do with the way how or when crazy people are.
Last edited by gas56 on December 7th, 2017, 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bong_Boy
Spotter

Post by Bong_Boy »

gas56 wrote:
Sherab86 wrote:
Bong_Boy wrote:

I have nothing to do with how crazy people think.
So you’re joining me in the RIOT then!! :evil: ——E
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Bong_Boy wrote:
gas56 wrote:
Sherab86 wrote:

Being happy has nothing to do with how or when crazy people are.
So you’re joining me in the RIOT then!! :evil: ——E
Most definitely not!
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

gas56 wrote:
Sherab86 wrote:
Bong_Boy wrote:

I have nothing to do with the way how crazy people are.
And I don't accuse you for. ;)

And I'm preety happy with the game so far. I simply don't like this "bussiness model". I also do not like the prices - for a money I need to pay for a stuff that would be probably included from the begining in a standalone, off-line production, I would probably buy several copies of such a standalone production. Ok, for on-line game, with is in constant developement costs should be higher, but still, prices feel way to high for me. But aside of this, this is great game and I love it. :) It already kept me interested for much longer, than some other productions.

And while there is still some time left, I wish everyone happy Christmas time. :D

Return to “General Chat”