What Is Your Strange 'Ritual' In The Game?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

What Is Your Strange 'Ritual' In The Game?

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

Yes I had to start this thread after reading some of the other threads where one of the members was describing a funny 'ritual' she has in the game (I hope she shares it here!). I too have a strange 'ritual' in the game and thought 'this needs it's own thread'. :lol:

What is your 'ritual' in The Hunter if you have one? Rituals...superstitions...anything like that? If you even want to digress a bit and share a funny story about something in the game...I enjoy reading things like that. :)

My strange ritual is before every hunt I go to my trophy lodge and hang/tweak trophies from the last hunt. Then I sit and smoke my tobacco pipe and have some coffee while I plan my next hunt. The quality of the 'trophy lodges' in this game are awesome and frankly I personally wouldn't be playing this if it didn't come with a trophy lodge. But that's my little ritual before every hunt. :)
Sherab86
Hunter

Re: What Is Your Strange 'Ritual' In The Game?

Post by Sherab86 »

Hmm... I don't know can I call this as "ritual", since it is not very repetitive any more. But when I had my first week of playing on the Hemmeldal (and I had no membership then, and Roe Deers were in the free species rotation), after sucesfull hunt my hero were going to one of those standing stones to thanks nature gods for good hunting, and to show respect for killed animals. :P
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

I was once told and still believe that, when you see a rat run across the ground in front of you, there is a decent scoring animal somewhere nearby. That rat rarely let's me down, and I always go on the alert when I see it. I'm talking about this little guy, hiding in the center of the pic:

Last edited by xOEDragonx on December 3rd, 2017, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

xOEDragonx wrote:I was once told and still believe that, when you see the a rat run across the ground in front of you, there is a decent scoring animal somewhere nearby. That rat rarely let's me down, and I always go on the alert when I see it. I'm talking about this little guy, hiding in the center of the pic:

You gave him a third eye. Nice! I just gave a sitka one similar to that today. Unfortunately he was nothing to write home about. Yes I do believe rats could very well be some kind of omen. Look what happened when I shot my first Pheasant last week? A rat popped out. Mystery what was going on there but I'll buy that rats bring good luck. Sure this one was a female but hey...it was my first. Either that or a joke from the Gods of The Hunter. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

Never EVER ignore a mushroom!

Djehmli
Tracker

Post by Djehmli »

I turn every sound making item in the house off, set my head phones to max and make sure there is a bottle of MT. Dew next to the keyboard.

In game, I've become manic regarding the scent eliminator, it's like your morning deodorant ritual. Login - click 5 - whiiishsshhhh - click 1, 2, 3 to load - hunt.
Spoiler:

DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Never log in to the area I'm going to hunt.
Got to the nearest lodge, Load my guns, pick my gear, let the dog off and spray the scent reducer, then fast travel to the tent of choice and start hunting.
I would say 75% of the time an animal will call as I arrive.
The initial spawning in clears the animals around the spawn point, but fast travel to a tent has no effect whatsoever.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Whenever I hear a male call I always assume it to be really small. That way I'm not disappointed if it's small and I'm excited if it's big :lol:

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

When I hear an animal calling and decide to set an ambush, I will walk in a circle from my ambush position to the call position and back. Never in a straight line back and forth. Animals will spook after arriving close to the call when I do that.

When roaming in search of an animal and I see a mushroom, I will change my direction of travel. Always follow the shroom, the shroom is always right
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Villkatta wrote:Never EVER ignore a mushroom!
Same! Even if I wanted to ignore it, my OCD and the shroom are sucking me in... I really really fear the situation when I finally find that huge melanistic roosevelt elk bull, I'm calling it in, it's slowly getting closer - and suddenly I see a King Bolete somewhere in the distance. It'll be a tough situation, believe me! :?
Image Image Image

Return to “General Chat”