What Is Your Strange 'Ritual' In The Game?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: What Is Your Strange 'Ritual' In The Game?

Post by Fletchette »

I play naked...
Personal Bests...
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Fletchette wrote:I play naked...
dont you go to an internet cafe to play though? :D
Alderman

Post by Alderman »

I confess, I'm also one of these "Binos on 4 guys". 8 - Scent Eliminator, 9 - Spotting Scope

5, 6, 7 depends where I do hunts and what I want that time.
Standard HF setup for example: 5 - Reds, 6 - Hogs, 7 - Roes. Any other caller might jump into 7, if I receive a call.

Load the weapons 1,2,3 which are mouse buttons and off we go. The "deo" normally is applied with the first call or sighting.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Well, that's the end of us playing theHunter together :?
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Alderman wrote:I confess, I'm also one of these "Binos on 4 guys". 8 - Scent Eliminator, 9 - Spotting Scope

5, 6, 7 depends where I do hunts and what I want that time.
Standard HF setup for example: 5 - Reds, 6 - Hogs, 7 - Roes. Any other caller might jump into 7, if I receive a call.

Load the weapons 1,2,3 which are mouse buttons and off we go. The "deo" normally is applied with the first call or sighting.
I'm close- Binos on 5, first caller on 4 then 6-7-8 - have no idea how it worked out that way- prolly something to do with how I got pouches and items to go in them. Spotter stays in 9! And every firearm is my backup to the primary-which is always a bow.

As for superstitions- Well, I had one with turkey - before decoys, sometimes they walked up under you in a TS - I would hug the tree, nothing in hands and look at the sky hoping they didn't spook because if they looked up and saw your eye's (I think they could see you blink), they would spook every time. By doing that I didn't scare them off near as much. But now, with being able to shoot down and having decoys, it's no so much a thing anymore. But I think it worked to some degree. I do know of one guy who swore up and down turkey came the best after 33 calls with the box.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

caledonianblues wrote:
You know John plays laying on the living room floor and now I'm thinking he's got 1970's shag carpets - Which brings something to mind, I kind of remember his wife yelling at him once about "put that thing away" but he blamed it on something to do with the dogs, now I'm not so sure about that :shock:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Radamus wrote:I kind of remember his wife yelling at him once about "put that thing away" but he blamed it on something to do with the dogs, now I'm not so sure about that :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Image Image Image
Columbo
Tracker

Post by Columbo »

Knut wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:
L3M182 wrote:binos in slot 4, spot scope in slot 5, then the callers in order of the size of animal.
:lol: I do exactly the same, also sorting them for species size. Scent eliminator goes into slot 9.
Exactly the same here.
One more member joining this group.
Radamus wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:
You know John plays laying on the living room floor and now I'm thinking he's got 1970's shag carpets - Which brings something to mind, I kind of remember his wife yelling at him once about "put that thing away" but he blamed it on something to do with the dogs, now I'm not so sure about that :shock:
Thanks for the laughs, almost spilled my coffee all over the place :lol:
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

3 sitka, 9 moose, and 8 bison later....I'm all out of ammo for my 300. and only 1 round of arrows left for my bow...drawing close to the end of the hunt....I see an albino bison. Would you backtrack hundreds of meters to go find where that guy ran off to and go for the chase with only a bow left and something like 6 arrows? I have a feeling this will be a LONG chase. I'm so tempted to go back.

*edit I actually now that I check have 2 full rounds of arrows (20)...this might work out but still a long chase. I'm even more tempted.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:3 sitka, 9 moose, and 8 bison later....I'm all out of ammo for my 300. and only 1 round of arrows left for my bow...drawing close to the end of the hunt....I see an albino bison. Would you backtrack hundreds of meters to go find where that guy ran off to and go for the chase with only a bow left and something like 6 arrows? I have a feeling this will be a LONG chase. I'm so tempted to go back.

*edit I actually now that I check have 2 full rounds of arrows (20)...this might work out but still a long chase. I'm even more tempted.
For an albino bison? Are you serious? I'd go chase it if I had only the airgun and had to put 50 pellets into it!
Image Image Image

Return to “General Chat”