Server

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Gewehrwolf
Tracker

Re: Server

Post by Gewehrwolf »

Hi,

We're still having some issues with games disconnecting. Earlier, I made a MP game in BRR to help my girl with the Thanksgiving missions. Have some heavy equipment on the map. While she was in a tripod stand near a hog feeder we both got disconnected but the game reconnected us on its own. I was back on my usual map. She had all that equip visible on the map but couldn't see it in the game. The tripod she was sitting on was gone and so was the feeder. But at the feeder location, hogs kept spawning out of nowhere, spotting her and running away. Watched that for a couple of minutes until one of them ran her over.
Furthermore, I got messages when she shot something or wrote in the chat, but she didn't when I wrote or shot anything.
Funny stuff happening :twisted:

Cheers,
Wehrwolf.
μολών λαβέ
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Gewehrwolf wrote: We're still having some issues with games disconnecting.
I can confirm. I was disconnected once during the hunt. But game reconnected me after 10-15 seconds.

However, without mass reporting here, I can not ruled out the possibility, that this was some connectivity problem on my side. ;)
Gewehrwolf
Tracker

Post by Gewehrwolf »

Hi,
Alena Rybik wrote:The score calculations and harvest issues reported yesterday evening are now resolved.
Reporting score calculation issues still happening.

Sincerely,
Wehrwolf.
μολών λαβέ
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

Alena Rybik wrote:I am afraid this has nothing to do with the server issues in question. The problems were global and were caused by our servers misbehaving, nothing to do with your hardware specs.
Thanks Alena, and thanks Caledonianblues for feedback! I just had my longest, and a good hunt for a very long time :D Iwe set this option to OFF again, and see if I get any difference :) Anyway, its not hardware related, I agree :)

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Pretty_Boy wrote:Iwe set this option to OFF again, and see if I get any difference :) Anyway, its not hardware related, I agree :)
You might notice a difference if you were experiencing client crashes before and your workaround fixed it, but it still won't be the cause of the backend issues, and the backend issues won't necessarily be the cause of the crashes. That's not to say a backend issue can't cause the client to crash. But in this case, it was manifesting in a different way. As you can see above, someone else has reported the score calculating issue again, so be sure not to confuse two totally separate and completely unrelated issues. It may be that the backend issues are back, I have no idea. But if Luna was able to identify a backend issue, then it can't possibly have been anything to do with end user settings. And it wouldn't have affected so many people all at the exact same time.
MudBug
Outfitter

Post by MudBug »

Played one game just a bit ago for 45 min. Now I get this crap "Something went wrong when creating your game session. Please reload the server list and try joining another game".

update: It appears that I experienced the aforementioned issue because I was trying to join Timbergold Trails and spawn at a tent, not a lodge. Just got into a LP MP map without incident.
Zaitzev82
Spotter

Post by Zaitzev82 »

MudBug wrote:Played one game just a bit ago for 45 min. Now I get this crap "Something went wrong when creating your game session. Please reload the server list and try joining another game".

update: It appears that I experienced the aforementioned issue because I was trying to join Timbergold Trails and spawn at a tent, not a lodge. Just got into a LP MP map without incident.
I've had this issue for several days now, and a ticket has been submitted. Some back and forth emailing and there's still no solution.
I can join SOME servers just fine, map is irrelevant. It's just that the amount of "Something went wrong" outweighs them by a fair margin. I'm sure they'll find out eventually. :)
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

Down again
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Confirm, server down
Turkey_Duster

Post by Turkey_Duster »

Back up on my end.

Return to “General Chat”