Tracks disappearing and hare/rabbit spooking

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
ArwenerI
Spotter

Tracks disappearing and hare/rabbit spooking

Post by ArwenerI »

Since after Halloween ending update there are two problems in WRR:

1. After 40min -1 hour of hunting ,tracks disappear and its not the ''overpopulation'' reason. When you reach 20m away from the tracks (for example whole bison herd) they all disappear. You may have 30 tracks in front of you and they just vanish.

2. Hares and rabbits keep spooking all the way and dont stop , i saw cottontails running for more than 500m (while it never happened before) same with snowshoe hares spooking from 200m and never stop , sometimes they are always fleeing.

Does anybody knows if a bug has been reported about that problem at least 1st one?
Sherab86
Hunter

Re: Tracks disappearing and hare/rabbit spooking

Post by Sherab86 »

1. As far as I'm aware, 1h (real time) old tracks are supposed to disappear. But if you are refering to fresh tracks with vanish just like that after you've spend an hour in the game, than it is a problem I suppose. However I was playing on WRR map recently and do not experienced anything like that. Maybe I'll check again today.

Can't say anything about second issue, sorry.
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

Disappearing (recent) tracks has always been a problem on WRR.
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Levado wrote:Disappearing (recent) tracks has always been a problem on WRR.
Hemmeldal too.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

Ravenousfox wrote:Hemmeldal too.
Didn't know that, but then again I don't like that map and seldom visit it. Last time I did a moose and bison competition on WRR and checked literally hundreds of tracks and I can't remember ever seeing a track older than about 37-40min. Have you noticed something similar on Hemmeldal?
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Levado wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:Hemmeldal too.
Didn't know that, but then again I don't like that map and seldom visit it. Last time I did a moose and bison competition on WRR and checked literally hundreds of tracks and I can't remember ever seeing a track older than about 37-40min. Have you noticed something similar on Hemmeldal?
Yup, for example most of the time I'm tracking something in Hemmeldal the tracks disappear right in front of me. Yes, the animal I'm currently tracking (fresh tracks)
Not to mention the invisible Reindeer that pop into render after you shoot. That bug has been in game since Reindeer were released and it's still not fixed. (even did a bug report on it ages ago)
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

You have to distinguish two things: One is that once a certain number of tracks has been created on the map, the oldest ones will be deleted. That's working as designed (to save resources) though it can be an issue if you're stand hunting and want to track multiple wounded animals after sitting for a while - the tracks might have been gone! Seems to be more annoying on the larger maps, since they probably have a higher population and tracks seem to vanish earlier - at least that's what people are speculating, I don't know if there ever was an official response to that.
The other issue is fresh tracks vanishing before your eyes - something that has been reported by a number of players and seems to be a bug. I've had it once or twice, but not very often. I don't know whether the QA team is on it at the moment though. Probably an issue that's hard to retrace for them...
Image Image Image
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

Ravenousfox wrote:Yup, for example most of the time I'm tracking something in Hemmeldal the tracks disappear right in front of me.
Actually my question was related to the age of tracks. If tracks don't appear, do you get the impression that none of them is very old? Thanks.
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I've had it once or twice, but not very often.
Odd, because I have seen it literally hundreds of times on WRR, mind you, I killed a lot animals on that map.
I think it has a lot to do with specific areas, because in this area (that I have visited a lot) it seems to be rather common problem when it has many animals roaming around:

Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Honestly, I'm not sure what you mean now - but this is probably due to my bad English. But again, tracks older than one (real time) hour should vanish and this can happen right before your eyes. And I saw that on other maps too. But this tracks (with enough skill of course) shows always over 60 minutes of in-game time naturaly. I guess that on large maps, where animals might be more spread, finding only tracks that are younger than 60 in-game minutes is not that alarming. But if you go by tracks, let's say, 10 minutes old (of in-game time) and they suddenly vanish, then I see the problem, and judging from what others wrote, it is not new issue.

Return to “General Chat”