Best Or Economical Use Of Gm$???

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Best Or Economical Use Of Gm$???

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

As a new player of The Hunter I've been saving up my Gm$ and letting them add up. I'm wondering what the most economical use of Gm$ is. For example should I use for scent remover, licenses, trohpies? I already plan on buying a membership very soon so licenses aren't my biggest concern ATM but at a much later time it might be. So let's assume I was a member already....then what would be the most economical things I should save my Gm$ for? What do others suggest or like to spend their Gm$ on most?
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Re: Best Or Economical Use Of Gm$???

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Use them to tax animals for in the trophy lodge.
Or buy scent eliminator or scent sprays
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
LEFLOR
Scout

Post by LEFLOR »

For me, who am a member, I use GM $ for the purchase of (scent eliminator, camping supply, many :P), (medic, climbing equipment, less often :) ), trophy (when I think to use them instead EM $ ... :? )
Gewehrwolf
Tracker

Post by Gewehrwolf »

Hi,

I'm using them mostly on consumables, too. And for bait, of course. Rarely use them for taxidermy, only when I'm really short on em$. The exchange rate here is worst of all, you pay 200 gm$ instead of one em$.

Greetings,
Wehrwolf.
μολών λαβέ
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

DarkHunterXX wrote:Use them to tax animals for in the trophy lodge.
I strongly discourage anyone to spend gm$ on taxidermize. It costs only 10 em$ to taxidermize, yet it costs 2,000gm$ to do the same, that's 200x(!) times more. To put that into perspective: 10 camping supplies cost 50 em$ or 799 gm$, that's only 16x times more.
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Gewehrwolf wrote:Rarely use them for taxidermy, only when I'm really short on em$. The exchange rate here is worst of all, you pay 200 gm$ instead of one em$.
Exactly! I buy everything I can with gm$ (not a big deal since I still have 170k gm$ left at the moment, doing a lot of missions), but taxidermy is the only thing I pay for with em$ because the exchange rate is so poor! As mentioned it's 200:1 for a taxidermy while it is around 15:1 to 20:1 for most other stuff.
Image Image Image
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Levado wrote:
DarkHunterXX wrote:Use them to tax animals for in the trophy lodge.
I strongly discourage anyone to spend gm$ on taxidermize. It costs only 10 em$ to taxidermize, yet it costs 2,000gm$ to do the same, that's 200x(!) times more. To put that into perspective: 10 camping supplies cost 50 em$ or 799 gm$, that's only 16x times more.
You are totally right, should change that in the future ;)
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

As a new player too, I would say - buy all kinds of consumables for gm$ - everything that have limited charges/uses. But due to poor exchange rate of gm$, I would use consumables very conservatively, as you yourself already noted with scent eliminator. And of course buy only those with fit your playstyle. If you prefer long, "sniping" shots (hence, you play mostly on maps that allow for such), you probably won't need the scent eliminator so much, to give some example. ;)
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Three main things I buy with GM$:
Taxidermy.
Face Paint.
Bait.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

Sherab86 wrote:As a new player too, I would say - buy all kinds of consumables for gm$ - everything that have limited charges/uses. But due to poor exchange rate of gm$, I would use consumables very conservatively, as you yourself already noted with scent eliminator. And of course buy only those with fit your playstyle. If you prefer long, "sniping" shots (hence, you play mostly on maps that allow for such), you probably won't need the scent eliminator so much, to give some example. ;)
Great point! And lots of helpful feedback here from others. It seems like the best use of Gm$ is things like consumables as everyone else is saying. Recently I am only purchasing things like 'scent eliminator and face paint'. Things I need most that don't have many uses. What a coinkidink! I was watching a video by Hoo Cares ( awesome vids!) where he only applies the scent eliminator when he has a buck in front of him. I like that thinking and it has showed me to be wiser about my use of equipment considering it would be highly unnecessary to spray that stuff at the lodge at the beginning of the hunt. Also I realise that the 'economics' of these things in the game aren't entirely a bad thing considering it makes the play experience as a whole more interesting. I'm quickly realizing that the taxidermy for Gm$ is a ripoff as you all have pointed out. Basicallly, buy as much as possible in 'bundles'...use strategy...embrace the challenges that the game offers...use Gm$ for consumables and be mindful of how you use those.

Return to “General Chat”