Your most annoying Items?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Re: Your most annoying Items?

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

The hunting horn (joking)

Recently I bought the 'Crocket jacket' with the goal of eventually completing the set. I really regret that purchase because aftwards I noticed there is a bundle for that. I'm sure I'll still end up getting the bundle becuase the saving is still greater than the price of the one jacket.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Radamus wrote:
supercelldrw wrote:It's weird predator caller will provoke pheasant call and hog squealer will have feral goat provoke response
And any caller makes a roe answer every time.
Even at WRR. :lol:

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

Villkatta wrote:22. air rifle - utter piece of sh*t. Only use it for missions 1-2 times a year.
LACK OF POWER, IRL the .22 air rifle has much punch, I own a Stoeger ATAC S2 .22 and it's a monster against rabbit, opossum, squirrels, weasels, ONE SHOT at 25mts and Dead on spot, Also own in the past Crossman Nitro Venom .177 and with Rabbits dead on spot, a friends owns Gamo Whisper Fusion also .22 and that thing the same as ATAC totally destroy a Rabbit with follow pellets (Gamo Whisper, H&N Rabbit magnum, Predator Metalmag, Gamo Raptor and H&N Barracuda)

Devs, you should watch this video what a Gamo Air Rifle (.22 ) can do against a Pig so imagine what can do against a soft target as Rabbit and Fox
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jejT_DOIgO4&t=44s

Also this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfcO1z4tEF4
supercelldrw
Hunter

Post by supercelldrw »

Radamus wrote:
supercelldrw wrote:It's weird predator caller will provoke pheasant call and hog squealer will have feral goat provoke response
And any caller makes a roe answer every time.
Very true
Spoiler:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

I wouldn't really say any of the items annoy me, but I think the most pointless one is the hunting horn. I can safely say I will never use that. Of course, I still had to buy it :|
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

caledonianblues wrote:I wouldn't really say any of the items annoy me, but I think the most pointless one is the hunting horn. I can safely say I will never use that. Of course, I still had to buy it :|
How dare u ? Heretic :lol:
The holy Hunting Horn is the most magnificient,extra ordinary quality Item one can ever wish to use !
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

caledonianblues wrote:I wouldn't really say any of the items annoy me, but I think the most pointless one is the hunting horn. I can safely say I will never use that. Of course, I still had to buy it :|
can honestly say the amount of fun ive had with it in mp has made it a great purchase.especially for those winding friends up with it :lol:

i think the 30-30 engraved is one of those things.probably one of the best looking guns in the game but the most under performing and dissapointing gun at the same time.a little tweak with the damage on that gun would please so many and make it worth using.it is surprising as well as its such a loved hunting real life gun.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Yeah that's a European thing, never heard of it before here- On the bright side, you could make a Hunter version of a "Ricola" commercial with it :D

I remember discussions like this before and there was a time I'd put the Parker Python in "most useless" category before they made big improvements. At that time it was good enough to kill pheasants and that was about it, then, it became one of the most deadly bows for precision shooting- I've given up hope that would happen with the 30-30 or the 45 Colt.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Terzi1985
Scout

Post by Terzi1985 »

Most definitely the shooting tripod. The idea is great but it's absolutely useless dead weight. Since you still have so much wobble with it, it's never gonna give the same chances for good shots as finding a good place to go prone, and it's only good enough for such a short ranges that you don't need it anyway, on most likely you don't have too much time to set it up anyway. Huge dissapointment... I'd love it if it would actually work for helping on longer shots. The waterfowl caller lanyard is something that I don't even want to buy because it's slower to use than the normal keys. I've had so much headache with the "pie menus" when entering stands and blinds that I really don't want any extra hassle when choosing my callers too, sometimes I have to make that command for 3-5 times before it counts and I get into my stand. So, that would be 100% useless to me, I don't want to select that caller 3-5 times before it works...And it would be too late already.

.30-30 is one gun that's quite nice but perhaps one of the most frustrating that there's no point hunting with it. It's prettymuch effective hunting tool only for roe deer, if it can't penetrate even for single lung on a bigger deer at 150m, it's just a joke.

About the Air rifle, I feel it's decent but would not mind having a bit more power on it. I have had good success with it but it definitely highlights the need of well placed shots and reasonably short ranges and it doesn't seem to provide same kind of results as you see airgun hunters getting irl when shot placement is right.

This goes way off from the topic but I also do own a Hatsan .22 springer air rifle that is rated for 1000fps / 305m/s (although it definitely seems to like better the heavier pellets and speeds well below 300m/s) . And it is quite impressive what it can do with H&N Barracuda's, hollow point Crow Magnums and those heavy "minie bullet shaped" Rabbit Magnum II's. In my country it is illegal to hunt with air guns and I bought it just for the sake of having fun, but it definiteny has enough power for impressive penetration with those Rabbit Magnum II's, also those hollow points dumping all that energy at once, would be rather devastating on any pests. I've been shooting it quite a bit on wet newspaper and watermelons, plywood, sheet metal and etc stuff to see what it is and even though it's not in par with .22lr, it is not a toy by any means either. I actually put about 1kg of extra weight inside the stock to make it more balanced and cut away some of the recoil, it has still broken 2 or 3 scopes into rattling toys and now I'm shooting it with home made diopter sight mounted on a scope rail and original fiber optic front sight. To be honest, that is possibly the most useless item I own in real life and as powerful springers usually tend to be, it's definitely a challenging to get the potential accuracy out of it but still fun to shoot. :lol:

I still like way more my trusty old .22lr Savage MK.II, very quiet and accurate enough with Winchester's 42MAX subsonic hollowpoints & supressor, 6-24x40 Tasco on top, zero recoil and minimal noise pollution, way easier and pleasant to shoot accurately, tons of fun to plink steel plates with high velocity ammo up to 150meters. And with that big scope and supressor, it's still lighter and more compact than the Hatsan air rifle. 8-)
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Terzi1985 wrote:.30-30 is one gun that's quite nice but perhaps one of the most frustrating that there's no point hunting with it. It's prettymuch effective hunting tool only for roe deer, if it can't penetrate even for single lung on a bigger deer at 150m, it's just a joke.
I think the power of the .30-30 is just fine, and I've had no problems getting double-lung shots on species larger than roe deer. See here and here. The weapon can hardly be considered a joke. It's just not the most powerful weapon in the store, and it requires a bit of thought and good shot placement. I would hate if every weapon dropped everything from any range.

Return to “General Chat”