Your most annoying Items?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Pittie
Hunter

Your most annoying Items?

Post by Pittie »

Hello :)

do you know it? You bought an item and after somes uses you rue the purchase?

For me this are the my most unused items:

1) The Long Colt-Revoler Caliber 45, because the lack of power. I never use it anymore. Unfortunately EW does not overhaul it.
2) The Wolf Caller. For me it does not work most times (99%). So I could resign on it.
3) Motion Predator Decoy does not work for me too. Foxes simply ignore it.

These Items I would never buy again.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

Gewehrwolf
Tracker

Re: Your most annoying Items?

Post by Gewehrwolf »

Hi,

It's always difficult to tell. I don't think there are completely useless. Just some that fit your playstyle more ore less well.

For me for example it's the duck caller lanyard. I prefer to have the callers on different keys. Tried the other way but the old-school one just feels more comfortable. When I put some callers in my backpack, it's like eating them. And in the next hunt, I wonder where my callers are or where that extra weight is coming from because I've forgotten to remove them. :D
But that's just me. If you want to carry callers for something else, or just hunt ducks 'on the go', it'S probably nice to have. Also for players who didn't unlock all the slots yet.

Or the 16 Gauge shotgun, won't hit a door with it and these hammers are freaking me out. :twisted: But it's so well designed, so nicely animated and the sound is so unique, if one's into classic guns, he'll love that piece.

By the way, both callers you mentioned are pretty nice.

Since you're from Germany you might know the old hunters' saying "Sitzt Du auf Fuchs dann bleib dabei! (Frau motzt um zwölf doch pennt um drei)". When you're sitting for fox, you need some patience and to take some time.(And when you come home at midnight, your wife will give you hell. At three in the morning, she'll be sleeping like a baby) Reinecke will come in, but he'll do so slowly and carefully. And he won't be coming in a straight line. So take your time, and don't wait at your calling location. Call a couple of times and go back like 50 meters. When you use an e-decoy, you can make him stop right where you want him. And you might use a treestand for a better shooting position. Moving up a small hill and going prone does the trick, too.
You should watch the wind as well.

Wolves are a little different. They indeed don't always come. As far as I figured it out, they are sometimes chasing elk, and when doing so, they won't give a beep about the call. But they might follow elk cows coming in. Didn't really try them yet so I can't give you own experience, only what I've read.
It is said to be the best to put up a treestand near one of the elk carcasses that spawn in the wolf areas. They seem to attract wolves like a bait sait. Crouch up there and call every now and then. Wolves should be coming sooner or later.

Hope this helps you a little. I like the idea of this thread but your investment with the callers wasn't that bad.

Cheers,
Wehrwolf.
μολών λαβέ
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Pittie wrote:Hello :)

2) The Wolf Caller. For me it does not work most times (99%). So I could resign on it.
gain.
I don't have 1 & 3, so no comment. However, I do own the wolf caller. It works. First thing, no spam calling. Once or twice when you get a call within 100 meters, is best. I have had them come from over 100 meters, but not often.

Wait, after the first time you call for 2 or 3 in-game minutes. Repeat the call.

Works for me.

Good luck.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
ElusiveShadow
Outfitter

Post by ElusiveShadow »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
Pittie wrote:Hello :)

gain.
I don't have 1 & 3, so no comment. However, I do own the wolf caller. It works. First thing, no spam calling. Once or twice when you get a call within 100 meters, is best. I have had them come from over 100 meters, but not often.

Wait, after the first time you call for 2 or 3 in-game minutes. Repeat the call.

Works for me.

Good luck.
I agree. I was calling wolves in from my stand last night no bother. They come to it and it certainly works.

The last thing I want from the game when it finally ends: An offline, single player version.
Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

Single Shot Pistol 308 "Rival".

This piece of crap and that stupid 2-4 x 20mm scope that fits only on those type of weapon is the greatest waste of money for me.

If there would be a chance to exchange both items and get something useful for it, that would be great.

MfG L.E.

Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

22. air rifle - utter piece of sh*t. Only use it for missions 1-2 times a year.

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Air rifle . Weak and useless , since the .22LR does all and more .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Deer 'Bleat' Caller - all 4 of them! :lol: (Thanks God, i don't buy them! Well, not directly...)
Spoiler:

Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

Villkatta wrote:22. air rifle - utter piece of sh*t. Only use it for missions 1-2 times a year.
DYEUZ wrote:Air rifle . Weak and useless , since the .22LR does all and more .
Seems perfectly fine to me:

Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

@ Levado ... Good for you !

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “General Chat”