New map

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
pirahna590
Hunter

Re: New map

Post by pirahna590 »

I do hope its an African Reserve, but if this pic is of any clue as to what the new reserve is, it dont look like an African Reserve to me. One can always keep hope though, if not this map then Id have to say a map coming soon ... far too many have been asking for an African Reserve for far too long, only to be ignored for too long ;) .... whether or not that map will contain ANY of the big 5 is another question entirely.
ApolloCreed
Spotter

Post by ApolloCreed »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:
ApolloCreed wrote:For me, Timbergold Snails is by far the worst reserve created in this game, so I'm hoping for anything that is very much different from that place.
Wow, interesting to hear this. I think it's without question the most impressive reserve we have in the game. That's not to say it's my favourite, but the level of love and care, and attention to detail put into this reserve really shines through for me. I think it's the benchmark reserve, and I really doubt any other reserve will live up to these standards.
I agree here, for sure. So my question is what makes TGT so bad in your opinion, ApolloCreed?
It’s not like you have to worry about another bout with Ivan Drago there... :lol: :lol:
But seriously, am really curious about what makes it the worst for you?
Since two of you asked, I will explain. My opinion is my own, and everyone has different thoughts. TGT for me is the worst for a number of reasons. One, it's horribly laggy for me. So bad that it takes 8-9 seconds for me to reload a .300 rifle, it takes 3 trigger pulls (three clicks of the mouse) to POSSIBLY get a shot off at a charging grizzly before it injures me, extra long time to load the map, and other laggy things. I've changed setting in many ways, and nothing makes it better. 2nd, getting stuck on every other rock is extremely annoying. Then to have to turn almost 180 to get around it or that dreaded set of 4 skinny trees that is like a spider web which are ever so abundant. 3rd. I find nothing enjoyable about walking through tall grass so high and for so long that I can't find tracks or even see where I'm going. Some may say dogs help with tracks, but the scent hound has a problem once it reaches level 20 and I addressed that a long time ago, and that dog is still stupid. Just goes back and sits on the previous track that we had just found. These are the main reasons I don't like that reserve. Also, the Halloween thing was annoying. Couldn't play during that week there cause it was just black ..at NOON. Then I thought I could escape for the week to a different reserve, but no, I had to hear that horrible Halloween howling wind every time I played..in Loggers Point. Still looking for that rematch with Drago.

Do you think you can name all the animals in this game? Check out the Hunter quiz I've created on Sporcle. Go to Sporcle, type in the search bar "the Hunter". From the list choose the game called "theHunter (Name the Animals). Good Luck.
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

What I see on the picture is a mountain with a green valley and a glacier on the top.
I also see in the background RFF, HF, HD and RB, and the main animals here are:
Black Bear, Red Deer, Reindeer and Mallards, so is there any place on the planet where theese animals live together?
I'm not sure if we have Red Deer here in Norway, but it do look like a Norwegian mountain.
I would guess the new map will look much like VdB :D

Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

ApolloCreed wrote:Since two of you asked, I will explain...
Wow... And I tought I have a weak PC... :0

As I mentioned, I was thinking about russian taiga, but I would like India for example. African map could be very interesting too.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

The Timbergold Trails Reserve is the absolute best they have created. The next reserve I hope is just as fantastic.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

in order of what id personally like is Africa,Japan,Alaska.what is pleasing is many of what people suggest is what id like to see.so any of them would be great ;)

if i think back of all the reserves there is only settlers i dont really enjoy that much so whatever the team makes is normally great. :D
iz_da
Scout

Post by iz_da »

We have so many North American environments.
I hope we'll get something different next. Eastern or Southern Europe, Central Asia... that'd be great.
Spoiler:
CapnQuint
Tracker

Post by CapnQuint »

Why do people think TGT is a bad map. I thinks it's one of the best if not the best. Lag is not a good reason to say it's a bad map, for me it runs just fine and I don't have problems moving around rocks. It's lags because they pushed the boundaries of the game engine and put a vast amount of detail into a huge map.
ClemD
Scout

Post by ClemD »

CapnQuint wrote:Why do people think TGT is a bad map. I thinks it's one of the best if not the best. Lag is not a good reason to say it's a bad map, for me it runs just fine and I don't have problems moving around rocks. It's lags because they pushed the boundaries of the game engine and put a vast amount of detail into a huge map.
With a decent PC it does not lag. I have no problems at all on TgT.

Rare: 153 – Non-Typical: 12
Competitions: 82 – Gold: 25, Silver: 29, Bronze: 23, Events: 5
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

CapnQuint wrote:Why do people think TGT is a bad map...
What people? One man so far. ;)

My PC is about 10 years old, but I don't have any big problems with this map. But I guess there might be even older, or simply weaker PCs in use still. I would certainly buy new one at this point, but I can't afford it. :/

Return to “General Chat”