New map

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Re: New map

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Guys, people are entitled to their opinion. Opinions are their own, neither right nor wrong. If ApolloCreed’s experience with TGT is worse than his first bout with Ivan Drago (LOL ;) ), then that’s how he feels.
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Post by MooseHunter330 »

My first bet was NZ, but upon further examination, I could also imagine a patagonian reserve very well.
Maybe we'll finally get Axis Deer and Pumas. Still, I think New Zealand would be easier to make due to so many species (Feral goat especially) already being in the game.
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

I'm quite excited to see this new region no matter what it is. I already love every map in the game (some more than others of course!) so I'm sure no matter what biome its based on, I'll be impressed. Of the guesses everyone has already made, I think I would prefer an East Asian inspired map the most.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

OK,..... I have no clue from that picture what that is and it's probably nothing more than a blurred out picture of Doc.
I posted on the Status Update also that I would like to see an India, China, or Japan map to include some new deer species,
and or a big cat such as a leopard, some Asian Bear, and also an ill mannered Buffalo in that certain place nobody hardly mentions anymore.
Wetrocky45
Spotter

Post by Wetrocky45 »

ApolloCreed wrote:
BucksNBuffalo wrote:
caledonianblues wrote: Wow, interesting to hear this. I think it's without question the most impressive reserve we have in the game. That's not to say it's my favourite, but the level of love and care, and attention to detail put into this reserve really shines through for me. I think it's the benchmark reserve, and I really doubt any other reserve will live up to these standards.
I agree here, for sure. So my question is what makes TGT so bad in your opinion, ApolloCreed?
It’s not like you have to worry about another bout with Ivan Drago there... :lol: :lol:
But seriously, am really curious about what makes it the worst for you?
Since two of you asked, I will explain. My opinion is my own, and everyone has different thoughts. TGT for me is the worst for a number of reasons. One, it's horribly laggy for me. So bad that it takes 8-9 seconds for me to reload a .300 rifle, it takes 3 trigger pulls (three clicks of the mouse) to POSSIBLY get a shot off at a charging grizzly before it injures me, extra long time to load the map, and other laggy things. I've changed setting in many ways, and nothing makes it better. 2nd, getting stuck on every other rock is extremely annoying. Then to have to turn almost 180 to get around it or that dreaded set of 4 skinny trees that is like a spider web which are ever so abundant. 3rd. I find nothing enjoyable about walking through tall grass so high and for so long that I can't find tracks or even see where I'm going. Some may say dogs help with tracks, but the scent hound has a problem once it reaches level 20 and I addressed that a long time ago, and that dog is still stupid. Just goes back and sits on the previous track that we had just found. These are the main reasons I don't like that reserve. Also, the Halloween thing was annoying. Couldn't play during that week there cause it was just black ..at NOON. Then I thought I could escape for the week to a different reserve, but no, I had to hear that horrible Halloween howling wind every time I played..in Loggers Point. Still looking for that rematch with Drago.
I am in the same boat you are. I can't play Timber Golds either due to the lag. I have all my settings down. And I make sure to clear up at least a gb of ram before I play. I wish I could play timber golds but I can't. I am sad cause most likely I won't be able to play this other new map.

i5 6500 | GTX 1060 3GB mini | 8GB DDR4 |Nothing special
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Wetrocky45 wrote:
ApolloCreed wrote:
BucksNBuffalo wrote: I agree here, for sure. So my question is what makes TGT so bad in your opinion, ApolloCreed?
It’s not like you have to worry about another bout with Ivan Drago there... :lol: :lol:
But seriously, am really curious about what makes it the worst for you?
Since two of you asked, I will explain. My opinion is my own, and everyone has different thoughts. TGT for me is the worst for a number of reasons. One, it's horribly laggy for me. So bad that it takes 8-9 seconds for me to reload a .300 rifle, it takes 3 trigger pulls (three clicks of the mouse) to POSSIBLY get a shot off at a charging grizzly before it injures me, extra long time to load the map, and other laggy things. I've changed setting in many ways, and nothing makes it better. 2nd, getting stuck on every other rock is extremely annoying. Then to have to turn almost 180 to get around it or that dreaded set of 4 skinny trees that is like a spider web which are ever so abundant. 3rd. I find nothing enjoyable about walking through tall grass so high and for so long that I can't find tracks or even see where I'm going. Some may say dogs help with tracks, but the scent hound has a problem once it reaches level 20 and I addressed that a long time ago, and that dog is still stupid. Just goes back and sits on the previous track that we had just found. These are the main reasons I don't like that reserve. Also, the Halloween thing was annoying. Couldn't play during that week there cause it was just black ..at NOON. Then I thought I could escape for the week to a different reserve, but no, I had to hear that horrible Halloween howling wind every time I played..in Loggers Point. Still looking for that rematch with Drago.
I am in the same boat you are. I can't play Timber Golds either due to the lag. I have all my settings down. And I make sure to clear up at least a gb of ram before I play. I wish I could play timber golds but I can't. I am sad cause most likely I won't be able to play this other new map.
If memory serves TgT lowest setting is medium no matter what you set the game at. That's what I remember from the release.
Spoiler:
Wetrocky45
Spotter

Post by Wetrocky45 »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
Wetrocky45 wrote:
ApolloCreed wrote:
If memory serves TgT lowest setting is medium no matter what you set the game at. That's what I remember from the release.
You are right I remember that too. I made a comment about it to the DEVteam Q&A they just brushed it off. Don’t know cause I know a good chunk of people are in the same boat I am, and cannot play timber golds due to lag.

Wetrocky45
Spotter

Post by Wetrocky45 »

Wetrocky45 wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote:
Wetrocky45 wrote:
You are right I remember that too. I made a comment about it to the DEVteam Q&A they just brushed it off. Don’t know cause I know a good chunk of people are in the same boat I am, and cannot play timber golds due to lag.

Q: And I know the Rockies can’t operate on low quality settings but will there be something else implemented for somebody like me who has a very low end computer to help with lag?

Carl-Oscar: The problem with lower settings is that they decrease foliage which leads to improved sight. So, people playing on low would have an advantage over those playing on high settings and that’s something we don’t want.

Roberto: With the lowest setting the foliage disappears breaking the immersion and the hunting experience and it is something we want like to avoid for all the reserve starting from Rockies. We understand that our players with low-end machines may suffer from this decision, but we have to cut the line.

That’s what they told us about a year ago with timber gold

RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Wetrocky45 wrote:
Wetrocky45 wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote: If memory serves TgT lowest setting is medium no matter what you set the game at. That's what I remember from the release.

Q: And I know the Rockies can’t operate on low quality settings but will there be something else implemented for somebody like me who has a very low end computer to help with lag?

Carl-Oscar: The problem with lower settings is that they decrease foliage which leads to improved sight. So, people playing on low would have an advantage over those playing on high settings and that’s something we don’t want.

Roberto: With the lowest setting the foliage disappears breaking the immersion and the hunting experience and it is something we want like to avoid for all the reserve starting from Rockies. We understand that our players with low-end machines may suffer from this decision, but we have to cut the line.

I am sorry too say. It looks like you got you're answer.
Spoiler:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Wetrocky45 wrote:
Wetrocky45 wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote: If memory serves TgT lowest setting is medium no matter what you set the game at. That's what I remember from the release.

OK, not that this has anything to do with a NEW MAP and what you may expect it could be,.....
Why would anyone want to play this game with a computer that can't run it?
This game doesn't take a great computer to run it, and what good is it to complain about it.
It's not like the game makers will go back in time to suit people with inadequate machines.
Sorry folks for also going way off topic here.

Return to “General Chat”