Who else prefers Classic over COTW?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: Who else prefers Classic over COTW?

Post by ronMctube »

people often think or label call of the wild more arcadey yet you can kill more animals per hr or per hunt in classic x10. they both great games so just enjoy what you personally like.no wrong or right.just personal opinion.
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

HooCairs wrote:CotW has... (zipped the content) ...Are you kidding me? :)
ronMctube wrote:...personal opinion.
HooCairs expressed it in a good way, and used the words I didn't find. I must say I can't agree more. So now it's not a personal opinion any more, but our opinions. :D :arrow: :lol:

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

:? :lol:
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

i do
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
jeff1963
Hunter

Post by jeff1963 »

JackRbbt wrote:I'm a hopeless optimistic kind of guy, so i keep dreaming of tH:C ported on tH:CotW engine. Until that happens (if ever) i'm stuck with th:C!
^ This ^

It really ticks me off that we can not have this game (Classic) in that (COTW) environment.
Thanks, ~Jeff

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

jeff1963 wrote:
JackRbbt wrote:I'm a hopeless optimistic kind of guy, so i keep dreaming of tH:C ported on tH:CotW engine. Until that happens (if ever) i'm stuck with th:C!
It really ticks me off that we can not have this game (Classic) in that (COTW) environment.
This would be great. It is my understanding though that porting the game to a new engine would mean to rebuild everything, environments, animals, 3D player models, weapons, clothes, etc. EW would require some time to do this which would paralyze their team and leave the current game unchanged/unpatched for the same amount of time. That doesn't pay off for them. Also the system requirements would raise over night and would render the game unplayable for many paying customers.

Newer is not always better though. I find the gameplay in Classic easier, smoother, a lot more honed than in CotW.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

HooCairs wrote:
jeff1963 wrote:
This would be great. It is my understanding though that porting the game to a new engine would mean to rebuild everything, environments, animals, 3D player models, weapons, clothes, etc. EW would require some time to do this which would paralyze their team and leave the current game unchanged/unpatched for the same amount of time. That doesn't pay off for them. Also the system requirements would raise over night and would render the game unplayable for many paying customers.

Newer is not always better though. I find the gameplay in Classic easier, smoother, a lot more honed than in CotW.
But this graphic engine does not last forever, sooner or later will have to change it. I hope this will happen soon, very soon
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

fantamichele wrote:But this graphic engine does not last forever, sooner or later will have to change it. I hope this will happen soon, very soon
I agree but I think what would happen is that they would make a new game with the same type of gameplay and content and with the same pay model and give discounted memberships to existing customers of Classic, or allow a membership transfer. The old game would continue to exist for some time but not long. Many of us would hate to lose all their stats, skills, trophies, etc. though. This should be transferable too. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
mikeman1
Scout

Post by mikeman1 »

I don't mind COTW but Classic is still my favorite. I find COTW is like a cheapened down version of Classic. Many of the missions are just about impossible to complete (for all the wrong reasons), the game is very buggy, and I just find it boring after few hours. I've got a few hundred hours booked on COTW but I'm pretty much done with it for a while. I'll probably duck back in every once in a while, but Classic still has me hooked, even after 8760 hours of play!
Last edited by mikeman1 on November 22nd, 2017, 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Code: Select all

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

HooCairs wrote:Many of us would hate to lose all their stats, skills, trophies, etc. though. This should be transferable too. :)
Keep on dreaming, Hoo! ;) :P
Image Image Image

Return to “General Chat”