Who else prefers Classic over COTW?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Sherab86
Hunter

Re: Who else prefers Classic over COTW?

Post by Sherab86 »

Oswald74 wrote:All I need is a new graphics engine with better usage of modern graphic cards, 4k displays, different aspect ratios, etc.

I will pay 60,- Euro just for the engine upgrade if everything else from classic is ported over to the new engine.

And I don't. Well, not entirely. ;)

For me (and my old PC) look of Classic enviroments and animals (mostly - with some exceptions) is already beautyfull. Where I see a room for improvement is rendering distance (so yeah, this is connected somehow to new graphic engine of course) and mostly animals AI. And from what I know, in COTW herding behavior and many other features are much better than in Classic. But intentionaly, animals sences, some behavior timers and so on were dumped even more than in Classic, I believe (from what I saw on YouTube). Ok, and I like also those animations from COTW. But aside of that, I don't need better look, than we have in Classic. Maybe my perspective will change when I finaly will change my PC. ;)
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Knut wrote:
fantamichele wrote:You have to ask this question: "Do you prefer to lose all statistics and have an up-to-date graphic engine or stay with the current graphics engine but have performance and graphics limitations?"
Heck, I'd be willing to give up everything just for an increased render distance (and a bit of an animal AI upgrade necessary with that). Not only all statistics. I'd be happy starting with the good old times of one reserve and a couple of species when I know there's more to come.
Brilliant idea, they could start with THC 2.0 with one reserve and add more as they are doing now. Meanwhile THC could run for another 3-4 years and then stop altogether and make way for the new THC 2.0
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

The Hunter Classic is no. 1 for me always, not just for comparison between THC and COTW. There has been some great updates and features recently.

The only thing I still do not like was the change of the previous scoring system. Do not know why, but when new scoring system came it was like I lost everything I achieved, I know it is stupid/childish but somehow I feel that way 8-) I was very proud of my score :cry:
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
jeff1963
Hunter

Post by jeff1963 »

Ludante wrote:The Hunter Classic is no. 1 for me always, not just for comparison between THC and COTW. There has been some great updates and features recently.

The only thing I still do not like was the change of the previous scoring system. Do not know why, but when new scoring system came it was like I lost everything I achieved, I know it is stupid/childish but somehow I feel that way 8-) I was very proud of my score :cry:

You're not alone, a lot of people feel that way. What's a Journeyman hunter anyhow?
Thanks, ~Jeff

xAncalagonx
Outfitter

Post by xAncalagonx »

CoTW looks fantastic and all that, but it also feels more arcade with the killcams and having to unlock things through leveling up and earning money.

Sometimes I want to hunt bobcats, other times roosevelt elks or even go shoot some ducks. Sometimes I want a bow, sometimes a shotgun and other times a rifle.. and I might want the dog with me.

And I like to do all that without having to first meet some level requirement or obtaining X amount of some currency.
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

xAncalagonx wrote:CoTW looks fantastic and all that, but it also feels more arcade with the killcams and having to unlock things through leveling up and earning money.

Sometimes I want to hunt bobcats, other times roosevelt elks or even go shoot some ducks. Sometimes I want a bow, sometimes a shotgun and other times a rifle.. and I might want the dog with me.

And I like to do all that without having to first meet some level requirement or obtaining X amount of some currency.

And this is quite opposite to me. ;)
Btw. in Classic for many features you also have to obtain x amount of some currency ;P Difference is, thay you can simply buy it for real money. ;)

But back to the point - I actualy like to have this (RPG like) feel of progression through the game. And if this would be only "arcadish" features of the game, I would go for it (if I had strong enough PC I mean).

Are there killcams in the COTW? I saw this in Candela's on YouTube, but don't recall it from COTW.
jeff1963
Hunter

Post by jeff1963 »

There are no KillCams in COTW.
Thanks, ~Jeff

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Sherab86 wrote:Are there killcams in the COTW? I saw this in Candela's on YouTube, but don't recall it from COTW.
What was probably meant by "killcams" is the fact that you can see the path of the projectile(s) in the harvest screen in COTW. No such thing as bullets flying in super-slo-mo!
Image Image Image
xAncalagonx
Outfitter

Post by xAncalagonx »

Sherab86 wrote:
xAncalagonx wrote:CoTW looks fantastic and all that, but it also feels more arcade with the killcams and having to unlock things through leveling up and earning money.

Btw. in Classic for many features you also have to obtain x amount of some currency ;P Difference is, thay you can simply buy it for real money. ;)

But back to the point - I actualy like to have this (RPG like) feel of progression through the game. And if this would be only "arcadish" features of the game, I would go for it (if I had strong enough PC I mean).

Are there killcams in the COTW? I saw this in Candela's on YouTube, but don't recall it from COTW.
Eh.. maybe not killcams like Sniper Elite and Cabela, but the whole 3D sci-fi image of the animal and how your shot entered and all that is so fluff-stuff-like that it just adds to the arcade feel.
jeff1963
Hunter

Post by jeff1963 »

xAncalagonx wrote:
Sherab86 wrote:

Eh.. maybe not killcams like Sniper Elite and Cabela, but the whole 3D sci-fi image of the animal and how your shot entered and all that is so fluff-stuff-like that it just adds to the arcade feel.
COTW, It's fun and I don't take it too seriously, I take TheHunter Classic seriously and it is enjoyable that way. So it's just two different ways to enjoy hunting.
Thanks, ~Jeff

Return to “General Chat”