Discrepancies In Distance Traveled

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Seifer
Hunter

Discrepancies In Distance Traveled

Post by Seifer »

Just noticed a big discrepancy in my distance traveled. Just finished a hunt and I'm not sure what the final count was on my HM but I know it was over 25km but when I checked the stats after the hunt it showed I had only traveled 7km. That's a difference of 18km. Frustrated on getting jipped on so many km traveled. Happened on another long hunt too. Traveled 30km only to for the stats to show 10.98km. How am I ever going to get my achievement of 40,076km traveled when I'm losing out on so many km each time? ;) (That was sarcasm) I don't expect to reach that anytime soon just trying to bring some attention to it. Anyone else care about this or am I the only one? EW, any fixes for this in the works?
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
MudBug
Outfitter

Re: Discrepancies In Distance Traveled

Post by MudBug »

I've never really looked at it, but I believe you are right in that it doesn't appear to be calculating things right in the stats. Seems like this might have been going on for a long time. Been around the game for 8 years. I should have maxed out the exploration by now.
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Spoiler:

DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Did you fast travel during the hunt?
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

I might have but when I do it's not usually more than a couple times and not more than 2-3km each time. I haven't noticed but does fast traveling add to your distance traveled on your HM?

Started a hunt on Whitehart Island and fast traveled from The Causeway to South Cliff Lodge and it did not add meters to distance traveled. Completed the mission "North to South" when I did that ;)
Spoiler:

DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Seifer wrote:I might have but when I do it's not usually more than a couple times and not more than 2-3km each time. I haven't noticed but does fast traveling add to your distance traveled on your HM?

Started a hunt on Whitehart Island and fast traveled from The Causeway to South Cliff Lodge and it did not add meters to distance traveled. Completed the mission "North to South" when I did that ;)
Did it add them to the HM distance?
I was just wondering if when you fast traveled if it only recorded in the stats from that point on. Kind of like a reset of the counter, or if it only counted actual steps taken during the hunt for the stats and all distance covered for the HM.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

DHRifleman wrote:
Seifer wrote:I might have but when I do it's not usually more than a couple times and not more than 2-3km each time. I haven't noticed but does fast traveling add to your distance traveled on your HM?

Did it add them to the HM distance?
I was just wondering if when you fast traveled if it only recorded in the stats from that point on. Kind of like a reset of the counter, or if it only counted actual steps taken during the hunt for the stats and all distance covered for the HM.
Have to test that out ;)
Spoiler:

Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

More discrepancies: Lost a little over half my distance traveled there. No fast traveling this hunt.

Spoiler:

Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Today's hunt: November 12, 2017 in Val-Des-Bois
20km on the HM - 9.12km distance traveled = 10.88km lost this hunt

Spoiler:

Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Dang, I don't know for sure but they might have fixed this :) Have to keep an eye on this ;)

This pic is from earlier in the hunt.

This is what I got credit for later when I finished :P
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”