Halloween animals

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
calamar2000
Hunter

Re: Halloween animals

Post by calamar2000 »

idem...
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
Terzi1985
Scout

Post by Terzi1985 »

I tried to run and hug one. It got so scared it just kept running away from me. Last time I got so close that I got the spotting information box on the screen, the beast started to run towards me and as I started to run right into him, just meters away before giving a tight hug, it chickened and fleed from me again... So much of beast. I could not even get myself killed ONCE with them.

Also lost interest to play at all when you can't see anything, hear much anything, animals are super spooked all the time and I could not get big enough animals to come close enough to make as shot and get pass the second mission...every time I even got big enough elk to come close enough to my treestand to spot it, it already spooked something, either wolf or werewolf, same for the muleys just got to see one aaaaaaaaand it's fleeing away. I got too fed up. Thumbs down from me... Something also caused massive FPS drops for me most of the time when there was werewolfs close to me. Playing in same area for while, no problems but when werewolf entered the area and was like 60-120meters from me, many times the game just absolutely struggled to run. Something like 7-15fps is not playable at all. Dunno how is it like this but normally I never have such problems on tgt even with much better graphics settins, sooo..... Nice try but absolutely "horror" trying to play. I gave up on day 2 and only feel frustration because I really wanted to push it through, it was honestly just too frustrating to play to keep me interested.
Vande3

Post by Vande3 »

It does bother me that the werewolves seem like giant wimps. Almost like they got prey AI behavior, they run away unless you're too close. I was expecting them to almost being hunting wildlife or the hunters. Like if we fired a gun or whistled they'd start looking for us. You make loud noises like gunshots or whistles or pop em with a couple .44 rounds and they take off like sissies.

Gonna have to call this event kind of weak to be honest. Had the potential to be super cool.

Also I had skyrim flashbacks with all the spiderwebs, I was expecting a giant spider to drop from a tree so half the time i was scanning the trees on my first hunt haha
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Wow..... last night was the 1st time I played the Halloween Mission,... and to me something was very amiss with it.
You can't harm the Werewolf............Lol
the loud noise,.. the tense fog, the time stands still at 4:15 is just too dramatic for my taste when I hunt.
I don't go trick or treatin' anymore, but I've hunted many times when it is very foggy and it is usually very quiet also in the woods.
Killing other animals when there is a Halloween monster on the loose in these conditions just doesn't feel right for the missions.
I really would have liked to slay the Beast and then watch him turn back into Doc, or Alena,... that would have made my day!...... lol
I'm glad it won't be here long, but one thing to remember I guess is that it is Halloween, so everyone Happy Halloween!

P.S. don't eat any opened candy bars, or stomp on any paper bags that kids light on fire on your porch then ring the doorbell and run away!
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

arrrr they cute little things .... :shock: :o :lol:

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

That's a nice selfie, Ron! :lol:
Image Image Image
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Vande3 wrote:It does bother me that the werewolves seem like giant wimps. Almost like they got prey AI behavior, they run away unless you're too close. I was expecting them to almost being hunting wildlife or the hunters. Like if we fired a gun or whistled they'd start looking for us. You make loud noises like gunshots or whistles or pop em with a couple .44 rounds and they take off like sissies.

Gonna have to call this event kind of weak to be honest. Had the potential to be super cool.

Also I had skyrim flashbacks with all the spiderwebs, I was expecting a giant spider to drop from a tree so half the time i was scanning the trees on my first hunt haha
I think you are a little to hard on the devs or did not see any of the past Halloween events .
This year was different and a step into the right direction, regarding trying new stuff. It was definitely better than the last years and i'm sure they will have taken notes on the reactions of the community, for future events like this one . You need to keep in mind , that there is a lot of work in coding these events . Give them credit , they deserve it !

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Tanngnjostr wrote:That's a nice selfie, Ron! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

:lol:
DrunkenGamer
Spotter

Post by DrunkenGamer »

Vande3 wrote: You make loud noises like gunshots or whistles or pop em with a couple .44 rounds and they take off like sissies.
I'd like to see you sticking around in a forest where some one is firing off a .44 magnum just for funzies... even if you have lycanthropia :roll:

Return to “General Chat”