45+ meter duck mission? How tho??

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

45+ meter duck mission? How tho??

Post by baloo.the.dog »

I have been stuck on a mission where I have to kill one of every species at 45+ meters. I can rarely take them down at ranges up to 50 meters, but only after hitting it 4 other times, which I have to use only one shot.... Are there any tips to this? Does the shotgun matter? I hear the .20 gauge is best for range but I have seen no sign that this is true, is it? How far should I lead, at what distances? I know you will all say "use the 10 gauge", but I dont have it and the mission was created before the development of the 10 ga. Any tips will be welcome, thank you.
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
L3M182
Outfitter

Re: 45+ meter duck mission? How tho??

Post by L3M182 »

lead the shot. 1 pellet in the head will down any duck. dont be shooting them up the tail pipe
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Use the 12GA Blaser F3 O/U. It has better range than the 12GA pump. If you want, I can help with that mission. I can shoot ducks at 45 pretty good. The 10GA is even better, but if you don't have it..let me know. You only have to harvest them. Okay by me, I don't like to get out of the blind anyway. ;)

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

It's the toughest mission of the set in my opinion - and I cursed myself more than once while trying to finish it. I did it with the 12 GA Pump Action Shotgun and I needed a lot of practice (trying to find the right distance, just beyond 45 meters) and a bit of luck, but it's doable. Good luck! :)
Image Image Image
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Same here, i did the mission with the 12 GA Pump Action Shotgun, and with time you can do it :)
The last mission of the pack is THE problem for me, i hate you Marc !!! or perhaps you hate us :D
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

FR_Bugs wrote:The last mission of the pack is THE problem for me, i hate you Marc !!! or perhaps you hate us :D
No way, I just want you to feel really proud (and relieved) when you've done it! :D

Leave the sight off the air rifle if you haven't already done so. Makes it much easier imo.
Image Image Image
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

12 GA Pump Action Shotgun plus red dot would be my choice . practice slight lead its not that long a distance any shot gun will take em at that.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

I've found that the 10GA is a great shotgun for longer range shots. When I duck hunt now I use the 12GA to take down 3 or 4, then quickly switch to the 10GA to pick off a few that have started to fly out of reach. Works a treat. I didn't use it for this mission because I don't think it was available then, but the 10GA would be my choice now.

The 12GA is more than capable of 45m plus shots though.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Go shoot a few ducks and don't worry about if you're going to hit them or not.
Use the 12 gauge pump or 10 gauge lever now,.. actually any shotgun will work without any scope.
It's really not hard to hit a duck with one shot just over 45 Meters.
Just Blast at them until they fall, sooner or later you will hit one on the 1st shot over that range, you'll be amazed at just how far you can shoot them.
Lead the duck with the barrel muzzle end following just ahead of its flight path and pull the trigger while doing it. Remember a shotgun is for pointing in the general direction not to aim like a rifle so don't worry about exact placement of the bead in the game (reference point on shotgun barrel end).
Just do it as fast as you can as there are a lot of bb's coming out fast with each shot and more than just 1 duck in the sky to shoot.
And always have fun while making a game out of shooting ducks at further distances, then you will get one in no time.
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
FR_Bugs wrote:The last mission of the pack is THE problem for me, i hate you Marc !!! or perhaps you hate us :D
No way, I just want you to feel really proud (and relieved) when you've done it! :D

Leave the sight off the air rifle if you haven't already done so. Makes it much easier imo.
they are pretty easy to hit with the air rifle with scope, save your shots and wait on one to come flying straight at you while gliding.
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!

Return to “Missions”